SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#406677 - 08/09/15 04:15 PM Re: SD7 Gig Movie [Re: hammer]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I thinking standing looks better to the audience, and allows a little more movement and expression, but I have seven foot switches to handle, or footle that is.
Also I routinely play 4 hours plus every night.

#406681 - 08/09/15 04:43 PM Re: SD7 Gig Movie [Re: hammer]
Jerry T Offline

Loc: Phila. 'burbs, Pa. USA
I sit and stand every gig ... I stand until the Sciatica kicks in, then I perch on a high stool for a while ...
Ciao,
Jerry

#406684 - 08/09/15 05:54 PM Re: SD7 Gig Movie [Re: Jerry T]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Jerry ... for longer gigs I also have my 'Throne' seat set high so I can 'sit' when I want to ...

#406810 - 08/11/15 08:49 AM Re: SD7 Gig Movie [Re: travlin'easy]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
Same questions as Donny. You really DO need those extensions, and from my experience they make a huge difference in projecting those mid range sounds and separating the overall system sounds. Glad to see you sang as well. You need to do it more, though.

Gary cool

I disagree - the extensions are great most times, but there are lots of times when I just need a little push, and one is plenty. You have to use your ears at each venue and not read the manual all the time. In most situations, the extra coverage is great, but I am currently using the Compact in its shorter stature to better fill the room I'm in. This set up in this room ... just works.

I'm also a fan of standing while performing - better stage presence and easier for me to sing.

#406834 - 08/11/15 08:49 PM Re: SD7 Gig Movie [Re: Uncle Dave]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
You know Dave, I have used my Bose L1 Compact in all of it's possible configurations and for the life of me, I just don't hear enough difference to worry about it. The only times I think it does make a difference is in a large room - where the full extensions are needed for full room coverage. I know what Bose has to say about the science of it but I just have not had a problem with any of the configurations I have used in the rooms I play. As for standing. I stand only in cases where I have to move to another room in the same building for double gigs where I use the setup shown in the videos. All other gigs I sit.

Deane

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online