Topic Options
#406542 - 08/07/15 05:08 AM Re: Chariots of fire [Re: Henni]
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Now I am confused ??

I thought we were good here Henni ?

you said :

" Hi Spalding & others,

No apologies needed. I just never realized I was THAT bad. So now that I do, I'll not post any more songs. I'll keep my future findings to myself & most prob also all my future style & multipad creations. Thank you for all the advice. I really appreciate. I'm normally totally over enthusiastic about most things in life & it shows! Sometimes it helps others, sometimes it offends...

Cheers,"

Do you really feel that you/your music has been crucified here ?now you consider me to be your opposition ??? and that my commnets along with others were driven because of some notion that we dislike your new found love for yamaha ????? seriously Henni is that what you believe ????.

listen my email address is in my profile . If you want to talk things over with me then lets do that . We are grwn men here.

However I want to make this bit public as I made commnets about your music publically.

What ever you believe please don't feel that I, or anyone who has commented on this thread is in anyway your opposition. We are musicians/entertainers/ hobbyists .

And I have read and re read this thread to see where anyone has said somethng deliberately mean or inacurate or disparaging or disrespectful. I dont see it , however I dont doubt how you clearly feel. I would never have commented at all on your work had I not made the mistake of believing the music you originally posted had not in fact had anything to do with you other than pressing some buttons. If you are satisfied with this level of effort in your music making I am not here to berate you because of it. Enjoy making music however you make it. But honestly , there is a world of difference between making music this way and actually playing a musicall instrument in a traditional way. I would encourage you to move out from your comfort zone a little and see what happens.

Finally ,I don't care whether you push the buttons of a Ketron, Korg Yamaha or Casio. Push to your hearts content. :-)

I have pointed out that your timing is suspect. If that does not ring true with you then ignore my comment as it clearly cannot help and that's cool by me. But I want to be clear with you that I only tried to encourage you and not discourage you. Thats what musicians and hobbyist on this forum have always done and will always do. its for you to take from the commnets the bits that can help and ignore the bits that dont.

Ok ?

Edited by spalding1968 (08/07/15 05:13 AM)

#406545 - 08/07/15 05:21 AM Re: Chariots of fire [Re: spalding1968]
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
Spalding,

I did not refer to you in the least in my previous post & no, you are not my opposition. You gave me good advice which I take.

Just like many over here, I also change my mind over time. What's "AWESOME" today might be replaced by something I find more "AWESOME" later on. And then I'll clearly state my reasons for my newly found opinion as I did in this regard. I even posted many demo recordings of the styles to illustrate my latest reasoning. At least one over here went back to his favourite arranger after I did so, so I'm certainly not alone in my opinion.

And like many said so often before, what impresses one person might not do it for some of the rest. We all have our different nieches & preferences. I am certainly no exception to this rule.

So yes, my timing is off. But then I listened to many contributions by others that did not impress me at all. Not that it is musically incorrect, but not the way I like to hear things. I never commented on those as I do not urinate on other's dreams. If you take away any individual's dreams, you take away his/her future.

Henni

#406555 - 08/07/15 08:27 AM Re: Chariots of fire [Re: Henni]
mirza Offline

Loc: london,ontario.canada
Henni, where do you get all this?
Who is urinating on your dreams??
This sounds more like some soap opera or some reality show.
I don't think anyone was harsh or rude .
Why not help each other and actually really say what honestly what we think.
I posted few times and I even said who ever comments to be honest.Why not hear someone else's perspective? Likes and dislikes.
It's not like we are in kindergarten .Or maybe we are, all we have to say is you are doing good, great job, wonderful. ..Just so kids feelings don't get hurt. I don't get it.

TYROS 5,BEHRINGER X32PRODUCER,YAMAHA DSR112,JBL PRX618s XLF,EV ZLX12p,SENNHEISER E945,....ETC

#406558 - 08/07/15 08:48 AM Re: Chariots of fire [Re: Henni]
Rustykeys Offline

Loc: Massachusetts/USA
Henni, I listened to this the day you posted it.I thoughtyou did an amazing job on the song. After days of reading pros and cons to the song and your style of how you created your take on Chariots, its still amazing. I replayed this again full bore loud 4 speakers 2000watts and I still think it is as close to the original, but my only critique is the trumpet is to verbrato. As I said, still well done Rustykeys

#406562 - 08/07/15 08:56 AM Re: Chariots of fire [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
Tx Rustykeys,

That is a GREAT style indeed! Now anyone can perform that brilliant tune with ease. I'll change the trumpet to something more suitable. I have a specific song in mind for that style & might even play it in the song like I did for the demo. Just tune the piano voice down a tad.

Henni

#406625 - 08/08/15 10:04 PM Re: Chariots of fire [Re: DonM]
Mark79100 Offline

Loc: USA
Hola Senor Mason,

Es necesario que yo hablo espaņol ahora, porque a partir del lunes a las ocho de la maņana, voy a estar hablando espaņol solamente. That translates to "starting at 8 o'clock on Monday morning I will be speaking Spanish only, so I wanted to wean you into the Spanish language.

Originally Posted By: DonM
...from now on I will speak Spanish...

I've had a couple of the guys tell me some of the stuff I've posted lately is not up to par.

Senor Don.....the worst of your demo's is still better than some that I've heard.

Yes some years ago DNJ was trying to be clever and/or funny and it went over the line. But let me tell you, if one of us called him at midnight tonight needing something, he would bust his ass trying to help, even if he didn't know the person.

Aha....now for the serious stuff. The truth is "some years ago," DNJ was trying to be "deceitful" (not clever or funny) and make fools out of the rest of the members. That's the only way I see it. And if you can count on him to bust his a** to help you in a clinch, that doesn't give you license to toy with other people like they were kids.

I've always said you could do anything in the world you want to do....as long as it doesn't affect other people!

Personally, I like Donny...he's an interesting study and a rather likeable person otherwise. But please, I didn't appreciate Donny talking down to me attempting to defend a counterfeit demo! I think I deserve more respect than what I was given there.

MARK

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online