Topic Options
#406634 - 08/09/15 02:39 AM Re: Shake it off [Re: cgiles]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Ugh! I certainly agree.

#406635 - 08/09/15 03:49 AM Re: Shake it off [Re: cgiles]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Sadly, I have to agree. Even if I thought he (Kanye) had talent (which I don't), he's just too obnoxious as a person for me to warm up to (even if I liked that type of music - which I don't). In any case, thanks Nigel for understanding that I truly WAS just kidding around. It wouldn't make much sense for one of the oldest guys here (me) to be poking fun at other "ol' farts" UNLESS I was kidding. People often poke fun at themselves (or their peers). Obviously no malicious intent, but I guess if you're looking for something, you're going to find it.

chas

#406638 - 08/09/15 06:22 AM Re: Shake it off [Re: DonM]
Dnj Offline

cool2

Attachments
ttttttt.png

#406639 - 08/09/15 06:55 AM Re: Shake it off [Re: cgiles]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By: cgiles
I haven't thought too much about Taylor Swift since the incident where she sang and entire song in the wrong key (probably started on the wrong note and couldn't adjust - guess it could happen to anybody, but somehow I can't picture that happening to say, an Ella Fitzgerald or a Sarah Vaughn, or even an Adele or a Celine Dion
(bold italicized added by TonyMads ...)or any high-profile, professional singer).
chas

No, but I bet they COULD if they wanted to !... grin

#406640 - 08/09/15 07:08 AM Re: Shake it off [Re: cgiles]
cgiles Offline

Ha! Cool Tee Shirt. In fact, it prompted another (completely unrelated) thought or observation.

As a super-senior citizen, I feel VERY uncomfortable going into 1. a rock concert 2. any club featuring rock or dance music (sorry Nigel smile ) 3. ANY venue where the majority of the clientele are 20 or 30 somethings.....EXCEPT, almost any TRUE Jazz club, regardless of the average age, race, or social class of the patrons. There, I feel completely comfortable and welcome. Why is that? My theory: People that patronize jazz clubs are generally better educated (theory only), generally more sophisticated, of higher income level (corresponds to the 'better educated' theory), and MOST IMPORTANTLY, are there to LISTEN TO THE MUSIC (as opposed to getting drunk or 'hooking up'). What do you think?

chas

#406644 - 08/09/15 08:15 AM Re: Shake it off [Re: cgiles]
Dnj Offline

Ha! Cool Tee Shirt. In fact, it prompted another (completely unrelated) thought or observation.

People that patronize jazz clubs are generally better educated (theory only), generally more sophisticated, of higher income level (corresponds to the 'better educated' theory), and MOST IMPORTANTLY, are there to LISTEN TO THE MUSIC (as opposed to getting drunk or 'hooking up'). What do you think?

chas

REALLY?.. surprised

http://www.quora.com/Why-have-most-of-th...-and-jazz-music

#406649 - 08/09/15 09:08 AM Re: Shake it off [Re: cgiles]
cgiles Offline

Do you understand the difference between jazz musicians and jazz patrons? Apparently not.

chas

Edited by cgiles (08/09/15 09:08 AM)

#406652 - 08/09/15 09:25 AM Re: Shake it off [Re: cgiles]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Good Lord, are you trying to tell us that getting drunk and hooking up are BAD? wink

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#406657 - 08/09/15 09:43 AM Re: Shake it off [Re: travlin'easy]
cgiles Offline

Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
Good Lord, are you trying to tell us that getting drunk and hooking up are BAD? wink

Gary cool

Not at all, just not simultaneously.

smile smile

chas

#406670 - 08/09/15 01:23 PM Re: Shake it off [Re: cgiles]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Do you understand the difference between jazz musicians and jazz patrons? Apparently not.

chas

Exactly !!!!! And I totally agree chas, jazz audiences today are present at live jazz clubs just to appreciate the music. They are more sophisticated listeners and definitely are there for the music. So they are most unlikely to drink too much because that would undermine their ability to appreciate the music.

Now historically with jazz musicians that has sometimes been different case. Though I think most have learned lessons from the past and that is something that is rarely seen nowadays. It was a very different time back then ... which is good that it is in the past. Not that there wasn't some brilliant music back then, but some lifestyle choices were not so good.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online