Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I guess there aren't many Taylor Swift fans here! smile

#406586 - 08/07/15 03:20 PM Re: Shake it off [Re: DonM]
Dnj Offline

That song was popular in 1989 also....lol

#406589 - 08/07/15 03:37 PM Re: Shake it off [Re: cgiles]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
I just figured one of you might want to add it to your NH song list smile smile smile. Actually, I just thought it was funny. I didn't actually bother to listen to the song (or even finish the article). I have no idea what prompted me to post it....maybe some kind of chemical imbalance smile......or maybe the folks in the article just conjured up an image of a SZ jam.

chas

#406607 - 08/08/15 09:19 AM Re: Shake it off [Re: DonM]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By: DonM
I guess there aren't many Taylor Swift fans here! smile

My 17 year old granddaughter has LOVED her since she first started as a country singer ... and she (Taylor Swift) in the past year purchased a home in the very toney 'Watch Hill' area of RI for $17.5MM .. the most expensive house purchase ever in RI ...

Apparently she is a very giving person ... two years or so ago she called Hasbro Children's Hospital in Providence RI and arranged to visit unannounced, except for a couple of Department heads ... she arrived with her guitar and her father - no media, no bodyguards, nothing ... she walked from room to room singing and talking to the patients for a couple of hours ...
I only heard about from a neighbor who is one of the Department heads ...

#406609 - 08/08/15 09:39 AM Re: Shake it off [Re: cgiles]
cgiles Offline

Actually, when I posted this I wasn't even thinking about Taylor Swift; it was the image of all those ol' farts 'Shaking it out' that I found amusing. Post misinterpreted. I haven't thought too much about Taylor Swift since the incident where she sang and entire song in the wrong key (probably started on the wrong note and couldn't adjust - guess it could happen to anybody, but somehow I can't picture that happening to say, an Ella Fitzgerald or a Sarah Vaughn, or even an Adele or a Celine Dion or any high-profile, professional singer). I'm sure she is a nice person; it's just that pop music is not my cup of tea.

chas

#406610 - 08/08/15 09:45 AM Re: Shake it off [Re: cgiles]
Dnj Offline

So Chas HOW Old Are you?....why put down the over 55 generation?...
we are all as you say OLD FARTS so what? At least they are having fun & I personally am proud to be a part of that performing everyday for the OLD farts...

Look in the mirror...I do and say dam I'm having a great life so far!!

now wheres my depends..

Edited by Dnj (08/08/15 10:03 AM)

#406612 - 08/08/15 09:57 AM Re: Shake it off [Re: cgiles]
cgiles Offline

Leave it to you to make something out of NOTHING. No suprise there. We all know that the best way to align the troops against chas is to play on their well-known fears and prejudices (age and arranger keyboards - the sacred cows). Why don't you take that crap back to KINDERGARTEN where it belongs. I think most of the people her, at least the sensible ones, know I was just being silly.

chas

#406623 - 08/08/15 05:00 PM Re: Shake it off [Re: cgiles]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
For years, I thought this girl was AWFUL! She couldn't sing on pitch, couldn't move, wrote and recorded songs that trashed her MANY, MANY exes, etc.

But, she sold a lot of records and I began to hear of incidents like the ones above.

Give Chas a positive nod...she looks like a likable, lightweight talent that can buy and sell us as a lot.

And, "Shake it Up" is a real hoot, if you listen carefully and know her history.

Russ

#406632 - 08/09/15 02:14 AM Re: Shake it off [Re: cgiles]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Originally Posted By: cgiles
Leave it to you to make something out of NOTHING. No suprise there. We all know that the best way to align the troops against chas is to play on their well-known fears and prejudices (age and arranger keyboards - the sacred cows). Why don't you take that crap back to KINDERGARTEN where it belongs. I think most of the people her, at least the sensible ones, know I was just being silly.

chas

You were both kidding I realize that even if no-one else does. I actually like Taylor and think she has a good heart and has put out some great pop songs which does require talent. But I have no time for someone like Kanye West.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online