SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#406575 - 08/07/15 10:34 AM Re: For Don and Gary [Re: hammer]
Riceroni9 Offline

Loc: TX, USA
Hi Deane:

Nothing wrong with your vocal abilities. Practice makes perfect and if you are shy about performing (like me) it can be overcome.
I'm a songwriter and feel pretty comfortable about singing in the quiet of my own little studio... but would never attempt to perform in public like my Arranger Heroes here at "the Zone."

Gary has made some really good suggestions and I may follow through and do what I can to increase my range and confidence.

Best of luck... and keep on keeping on!

Dave Rice

#406578 - 08/07/15 10:49 AM Re: For Don and Gary [Re: Riceroni9]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Deanne ... I have to agree with the positive statements above ... you probably should have been singing all along ...
Just 2 comments: in Dream, you might not want to hold those whole notes for the full count, especially since you are doing it as an up tempo song ... it will also give you space to breathe... also, as you work on expanding your range, don't be afraid to use the 'transpose' button down a half step during performances, until you are totally comfortable with the original key you want to sing in ...
Hoping to hear more ... singer keys

#406588 - 08/07/15 03:24 PM Re: For Don and Gary [Re: hammer]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
Thanks Guys. I was going to record my gig live today but was not able to do it. I play again tomorrow and will get it recorded. Might even sing a few???

Deane

#406590 - 08/07/15 04:37 PM Re: For Don and Gary [Re: hammer]
Dnj Offline

Go for it Dean!!!

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online