SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#406576 - 08/07/15 10:41 AM Re: Danger man at rehersal's [Re: tony mads usa]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Col ... finally got a chance to view the video ... really nice job ... your vocals and mic/efx settings have come a long way ...
I almost always stand for a 1 hour gig, and if I were to do 'karaoke' I think I would stand at least during the up tempo tunes ... gives a different look ... also, if you are going to sing with backing tracks, why not use a wireless mic and 'get into the audience' ? ... just a thought ...

#406579 - 08/07/15 11:23 AM Re: Danger man at rehersal's [Re: tony mads usa]
Saswick Offline

Loc: Garstang, Preston, Lancashire,...
Don: The mp3 tracks are on a tablet the output going to the VH aux input, it is then mixed with the vocal in the VH. The output from the VH can be Mono or Stereo dependant on what PA you are using or if you are using a camera with an audio input the VH headphone output goes to the camera.

There are thousands of backing tracks on YouTube and if you use a program such as "Freemake" you can download just the audio as an MP3 file, easy and free. If the audio is in the wrong you can use "Audacity" to change the pitch.

I also use the following site the tracks are £1.50 each and are descent quality.

http://www.karaoke-version.co.uk/

Tony: The gig I was referring to is only a few minutes away from home, I'm to young to be a resident.

The mic I use is a TC Helicon MP75 which is well matched to the Voice Live Touch 2 with a button on the mic to introduce the harmony. Most of my audiences are very close and I feel more part of them when I sit down I sometimes also use an Acoustic Guitar to help the presentation not necessary the sound

Thanks' to everyone for the kind words.

Col

Attachments
DSCN0763s.jpg

Edited by Saswick (08/07/15 11:31 AM)

#406580 - 08/07/15 11:42 AM Re: Danger man at rehersal's [Re: Saswick]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Saswick, I admire a gentleman like you. You’re not sitting home; you’re not thinking about the list of things you can no longer do --- You are out doing what you can do and doing it very well. A good lesson for many.

The best to you, John C.

#406585 - 08/07/15 03:06 PM Re: Danger man at rehersal's [Re: Saswick]
124 Offline

Too bloody right! I see plenty of people who are younger and less fortunate than myself in our audiences a dozen or more times a month, and I've no wish to join them any time soon, or later. I'd rather be on this side of the lights and bringing some joy into their lives.

Rock 'til ya drop, is my motto.

#406591 - 08/07/15 06:56 PM Re: Danger man at rehersal's [Re: bruno123]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Wow what great words. “Play till I drop”.

I don’t even know you and already I’m beginning to like you. Your thought about life has great value.

Too many people are morning instead of rejoicing. I have a world of knowledge in my head and here I come.

John C.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online