SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#406466 - 08/06/15 04:51 AM Danger man at rehersal's
Saswick Offline

Loc: Garstang, Preston, Lancashire,...
Morning Guy's

Just going out to a NH gig this afternoon. Haven't been out for a couple of week's and I thought I'd better have a quick run through so just for a laugh I switched the camera on, here are the results, quick snatch's from several songs all live no hiding place grin

What they call a laid back performance, chuckles and comments allowed.

https://youtu.be/KrvTy9ZUUqE

PS: If you think that's bad you should have seen the bits I cut out LOL

Talking Gig's and Rig's this is my setup in the back of my Freelander. One speaker, one stool, one speaker stand, one mic stand with harmonizer, one bag of cables a mic and a tablet.

Col

Attachments
DSC00616.JPG

Edited by Saswick (08/06/15 05:10 AM)

#406473 - 08/06/15 06:14 AM Re: Danger man at rehersal's [Re: Saswick]
Dnj Offline

Good luck out there Col,....glad to see your mixing it up doing some gigs without an arranger KB also, sometimes it's not needed at all,...all the tools in our arsenals need to be used.
Thanx for sharing I enjoyed your video also. clap

#406475 - 08/06/15 06:47 AM Re: Danger man at rehersal's [Re: Saswick]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
I'm sure you were a big hit at the NH. Both my wife and I enjoyed watching your reversal over breakfast this morning. We'd love to see some of the performance too. Thanks for posting.

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#406480 - 08/06/15 07:33 AM Re: Danger man at rehersal's [Re: montunoman]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
Col,
that was very enjoyable. I bet the folks at the NHs really love it when you show up.
Sure wish I was a singer. Can you tell us a little about your setup?

Deane

#406484 - 08/06/15 07:41 AM Re: Danger man at rehersal's [Re: Saswick]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
clap clap clap clap

Col, I'm glad that great minds tend to think alike - lots of the same songs I perform on a daily basis. Everyone, not just the senior set, seems to enjoy them. Your vocals have really, really become top notch over the years. If you recall, it wasn't to many years ago when I recommended that you, and others, invest in voice lessons. It's, obviously, a great investment. My wife was the one that suggested it to me 20 years ago, and it was one of the best things I did.

Keep em coming,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#406487 - 08/06/15 08:17 AM Re: Danger man at rehersal's [Re: travlin'easy]
rphillipchuk Online   content

Loc: Ontario Canada
Col

I thoroughly enjoyed that very much... Some brought back fond memories..

Thanks
Ron

Styles
Yamaha Styles Only
Midi Safe

#406495 - 08/06/15 08:44 AM Re: Danger man at rehersal's [Re: Saswick]
Saswick Offline

Loc: Garstang, Preston, Lancashire,...
Thanks' Guy's

This was the first time I've used the video camera for a while it's a Kodak Zi8 and I only realised after listening later I had the VLT 2 set up in mono ready for the Gig so the sound only appears in one speaker, my apologies, must try harder.

Just got back from the Gig, I really enjoyed it, a nice crowd. I usually finish off with Dame Vera Lynn's "We'll Meet Again" and this time the AD gave all the residents a paper hanky to wave, It was like VE day over again smile

Deane: The set up, for small jobs I use one Kustom Pa100t, I think they are marketed in the States as Power-works PW100, 100w with 4X4.5" speakers and one tweeter sort of a simple "Line Array" system. For bigger jobs I have two linked together running both in mono (The mixer in one speaker controls both speakers, very handy) I use a tablet running "Lyric writer Pro" which plays MP3 files (backing tracks)and also displays lyrics (For us old timers that can't remember them) The output from the tablet goes into the Voice Live Touch 2 aux input, from the VLT 2 one output goes to the speaker (Mono) the aux input also triggers the harmony in the VLT 2.

The Mic is a TC Helicon MP75 which has a button to switch the harmony in and out, no foot switch's, works very well.

Mono Vs Stereo, I now run in Mono after reading an interest article on PA systems. It said, if you are running stereo the only place in the venue to hear the full sound is in the sweet spot, midway between the two speakers. If you run both speakers in Mono everyone in the venue hears more or less the same sound. It made a lot of sense to me so I now run Mono. Would be interesting to hear other peoples thoughts on the subject.

I also use a USB charger to keep the tablet charged wile working (belt and braces as they over here)

I did about 22 songs in an hour and twenty minutes no breaks starting at 2 o'clock back home at 3:30PM easy.

Donny: My Pa800 is in the repair shop at the moment , faulty circuit board, I've only had it about three months it was absolutely mint when I bought it but it started playing what sounded like drum sounds over one or more Acc tracks, horrible. The shop has sent it back to Korg UK for repair, hope to have it back soon.

If I wasn't so idle I would type a full running order for the Gig. singer

Col

#406569 - 08/07/15 09:26 AM Re: Danger man at rehersal's [Re: Saswick]
KORG80 Offline

Hey Colin,

Nice video!

When you use the backing tracks the Helicon unit is just for nicely processing your vocal sound. Correct?

Is the collection of tracks an expensive proposition?

God Bless,
Don

#406570 - 08/07/15 09:41 AM Re: Danger man at rehersal's [Re: KORG80]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: KORG80
Hey Colin,

Nice video!

When you use the backing tracks the Helicon unit is just for nicely processing your vocal sound. Correct?

Is the collection of tracks an expensive proposition?

God Bless,

You can pick up many of the backing tracks on iTune for .99each just type in "karaoke" after the title of the song in the search.
Don

Edited by Dnj (08/07/15 09:42 AM)

#406573 - 08/07/15 10:27 AM Re: Danger man at rehersal's [Re: Saswick]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By: Saswick

I did about 22 songs in an hour and twenty minutes no breaks starting at 2 o'clock back home at 3:30PM easy.

Col

An hour and twenty minutes from 2PM is 3:20 - "home at 3:30 easy" including packing up ??? ... do you live in the same building you played in ??? grin

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online