SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#406279 - 08/04/15 05:05 AM Re: VST from Entry to High to Expand Your Arranger [Re: Bachus]
Marcus Offline

Loc: Canada
Hi Bachus
Wow, thanks for the time and explanations you put into your above post. Yes, definitely the potential is there to tap into some nice quality sounds. Still can get pretty complex.

Like you say, the ultimate answer is integrating the various VTS into the arranger board and easily accessible, like the Wersi. Yes, I try to stay up to date with the latest technologies and do use some VTS engines on my PC and some programs.

Like a previous mentioned, I still think VTS technology is more suited towards studio or a workstation type keyboard, but awesome you were able to work that technology into your Wedding service.

For real good piano, besides the higher quality piano VTS, to give it justice for playing or recording, one would really need a 76 or 88 key weighted controller. Personally, I mostly play traditional instrument voices and don't need synth sounds. In my younger years I did have fun with a patchable Korg MS-20 and other synth hardware.

Yes, round-robin drumming...very realistic. It has its uses for a very real drum track, but for most of my arranger style playing, the drums and pianos sound quite authentic in the final mix. I have more than enough expansion drum kits to cover my different songs, but I understand some wanting to improve or specialize the sound further to suit their needs.

As far as most VTS instruments, including choirs or strings, the Tyros certainly delivers. My take is, an arranger keyboard is designed to give you all the sounds, functions, styles, and creative potential to help you compose, perform live, or record in one convenient keyboard.

I still cannot find a VTS that can deliver the realism or user control, in real time, then the Tyros 5 SA2 voices. The choir and vocal effects are uncanning, especially how Yamaha programmed then into their styles. For general mainstream use, you cannot best an all-in- one arranger keyboard. For those needed more, sure go ahead add the necessary sounds and capacity, but in my case I don't need the extra complications. Just the great sounds and control to create my music, songs, and perform.

Okay, I accept and respect those who need more than what an arranger delivers, but I guess as technolgy progresses, that gap will narrow or blur. Great forum, love to hear what other musician are doing, creating or performing. Without support from these forums, I wouldn't know or maximize this latest technology to the best level I try to strive for.

Regards, Marcus

#406437 - 08/05/15 01:05 PM Re: VST from Entry to High to Expand Your Arranger [Re: Marcus]
rosetree
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Marcus
Like a previous mentioned, I still think VTS technology is more suited towards studio or a workstation type keyboard, but awesome you were able to work that technology into your Wedding service.

I'm a bit confused, do you play on weddings with VSTi, Bachus?
I said in a post that I just had a church wedding, and I would not use a laptop for that purpose.

#406446 - 08/05/15 02:44 PM Re: VST from Entry to High to Expand Your Arranger [Re: ]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: rosetree

I said in a post that I just had a church wedding, and I would not use a laptop for that purpose.

No thats not me... I think Marcus was mixing things up,

http://keyszone.boards.net

#406455 - 08/05/15 06:56 PM Re: VST from Entry to High to Expand Your Arranger [Re: Bachus]
Marcus Offline

Loc: Canada
Originally Posted By: Bachus

My apologies, I did mixed things up. It was from Rosetree's post that he composed movie score tune on his MoXF from samples for a Wedding. I assumed the sample library was originally from a VTS library. I was glad that, because of the importance of a wedding service, all went well.
Marcus

#406464 - 08/06/15 03:41 AM Re: VST from Entry to High to Expand Your Arranger [Re: Marcus]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: Bachus

You all make it sound if VSts are unreliable.... Try them (or in this case AU units) on a McBook, and you will realise they are just as rockstable as hardware...

A few advises to get a stable environemnt on a windows system however, is to only choose grade A VSts and Grade A VST hosts.. And get a good professional sound device...preferable external firewire.. And dont run any trash software on it, make it a dedicated soundsystem and do not browse internet

My apologies, I did mixed things up. It was from Rosetree's post that he composed movie score tune on his MoXF from samples for a Wedding. I assumed the sample library was originally from a VTS library. I was glad that, because of the importance of a wedding service, all went well.
Marcus

http://keyszone.boards.net

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online