SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#406457 - 08/05/15 08:19 PM Korg, dissapointing me again!
vangelis Offline

Loc: FLORIDA
I am a musician for over 30 years, and 70 percent of my gear was always and still is KORG, now the complaint that I have is, I have a Korg Pa800 and I need the CPU board, and the part is discontinued, what are we supposed to do? throw it in the garbage? companies like Korg should at least have parts for at least 10 years? now if I were to call Roland and ask a part for a 1984 FP8 for example would probably still have the part. Do they think we are that stupid to keep supporting these companies? In order to get support you can only email KORG? why can't I talk to a real person? too much to pay one?
Maybe I should re-evaluate? I am very unsatisfied and probably there are many fellow musician that are probably in the same situation?

#406463 - 08/06/15 12:48 AM Re: Korg, dissapointing me again! [Re: vangelis]
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Can they give you the part make model number ? Maybe you can source it from elsewhere ?

#406465 - 08/06/15 04:43 AM Re: Korg, dissapointing me again! [Re: vangelis]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: vangelis
I am a musician for over 30 years, and 70 percent of my gear was always and still is KORG, now the complaint that I have is, I have a Korg Pa800 and I need the CPU board, and the part is discontinued, what are we supposed to do? throw it in the garbage? companies like Korg should at least have parts for at least 10 years? now if I were to call Roland and ask a part for a 1984 FP8 for example would probably still have the part. Do they think we are that stupid to keep supporting these companies? In order to get support you can only email KORG? why can't I talk to a real person? too much to pay one?
Maybe I should re-evaluate? I am very unsatisfied and probably there are many fellow musician that are probably in the same situation?

Get a Kronos... its open market CPu boards.. i recently bought 2 spare boards including CPU and memmory for €30 each.. i save them for later..

the problem with old hardware parts is that Korg also buys them, and when they are no longer available and Korg runs out of stock its over and out.. Roland produces its own hardware boards, or so i believe..

Another thing is that not all dealers are allways honest, you should make sure to inquire at Korg itselves for your parts.. Did you mail Korg US?

Also make sure to have friends in other (preferably european) countries inform about the part with their Korg representatives.. it could even be possible that the stuff is out of stock in your country and the Korg representatives in your Country dont deem it worthy to get new stock..

http://keyszone.boards.net

#406470 - 08/06/15 06:03 AM Re: Korg, dissapointing me again! [Re: vangelis]
saxxman Offline

Loc: Niceville, FL USA
May be a long shot but might be worth setting up an Ebay search for PA800 "for parts" or "not working"....Shame on KORG for that.... they should stock parts to service their keyboards!

PA4X, SX900 (Baby Genos), Roland U-20, L1 Compact, Way 2 Many Saxes

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

#406472 - 08/06/15 06:10 AM Re: Korg, dissapointing me again! [Re: saxxman]
Bachus Offline

Maybe its better to ask this at the orriginal Korg forums... There are some Korg representatives reading everything overthere and they might have better answers then we...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#406500 - 08/06/15 09:13 AM Re: Korg, dissapointing me again! [Re: vangelis]
124 Offline

Vangelis:
I know it says 'guitar-parts' in the name, buy try here:

http://www.guitar-parts.com/catalog/korg

Edited by 124 (08/06/15 09:16 AM)

#406528 - 08/06/15 08:45 PM Re: Korg, dissapointing me again! [Re: 124]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
Vangelis,
I totally agree. I have a Korg Microarranger, which I love, that stopped working. I took it to a repair center - 4 MONTHS LATER they informed me the motherboard was bad. I got a quote of $600.00 just for the motherboard. A brand new KMA costs $499.00 full retail. So I called Korg and they gave me the number for a company called " Parts Is Us" and I called them. They gave me a quote of over $500.00 for the motherboard.

Guess I'll throw it in the trash.

Deane

#406535 - 08/07/15 02:14 AM Re: Korg, dissapointing me again! [Re: vangelis]
vangelis Offline

I found the motherboard in GREECE, because I had a friend keyboard player and it cost a lot more then what it was here, but that's not why I wrote this post, the reason that I write this article is for my fellow musician to wake up and start realizing that these companies keep reinventing the wheel and we are buying this junk.
I still have a GEM WK8 which is probably over 20 years old and nothing has happened to that, no switches, no motherboards, nothing has gone wrong other then the tempo encoder which I did not find anywhere, and this keyboard has been in so many smokey and very humid environments. Why did KORG make the I30 and the Pa80 very sturdy? and make the Triton Extreme flimsy? now the only reason that I stayed with KORG is the patches that circulated over the years which I cannot replicate on other brands, or else I would of abandoned them many years ago.

#406536 - 08/07/15 02:19 AM Re: Korg, dissapointing me again! [Re: Bachus]
vangelis Offline

Originally Posted By: Bachus
Originally Posted By: vangelis

Get a Kronos... its open market CPu boards.. i recently bought 2 spare boards including CPU and memmory for €30 each.. i save them for later..

the problem with old hardware parts is that Korg also buys them, and when they are no longer available and Korg runs out of stock its over and out.. Roland produces its own hardware boards, or so i believe..

Another thing is that not all dealers are allways honest, you should make sure to inquire at Korg itselves for your parts.. Did you mail Korg US?

Also make sure to have friends in other (preferably european) countries inform about the part with their Korg representatives.. it could even be possible that the stuff is out of stock in your country and the Korg representatives in your Country dont deem it worthy to get new stock..

Bachus, what country in Europe do you live? these parts for the KRONOS are really cheap, I don't think they cost that much here in the US? by the way a few years ago ,I needed a power supply for a Triton rack and in the US it was over 100 bucks and in Greece I got it for 25 Euro,go figure when the instruments are a lot more in Europe.

Edited by vangelis (08/07/15 02:20 AM)

#406539 - 08/07/15 04:19 AM Re: Korg, dissapointing me again! [Re: vangelis]
Saswick Offline

Loc: Garstang, Preston, Lancashire,...
Hi There

My Pa800 has just gone kaput and according to Korg UK seems it could be one of three circuit boards causing the problem,they have all three in stock. It may be worth contacting Korg UK.

Col

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online