Topic Options
#406458 - 08/05/15 09:35 PM Re: Chariots of fire [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa

buildtofly@yahoo.com

#406462 - 08/06/15 12:44 AM Re: Chariots of fire [Re: Henni]
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Clearly I have offended you . I apologise without reservation .

I deliberately have not commented on yours and other forum members contributions from time to time in the past because I have always lived by the principle "if you can't say something to help don't say snything at all " . So many times I have just listened to someone's work and then moved on to the next subject on the forum because there was little I could say to help.

I thought my comments were being constructive here . Perhaps I misjudged this instance and will learn from it . I mistook your original post as something you had actually created /played and as you will see in my initial comments I was very encouraging because of what I heard and thought came from you .

If nothing else I have learned that everyone has the right to enjoy music in their own way and if I have tried to dictate to you in anyway how you should enjoy making / creating music again I apologise . I hope we are good here ?

Edited by spalding1968 (08/06/15 12:44 AM)

#406477 - 08/06/15 06:55 AM Re: Chariots of fire [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Hi Spalding & others,

No apologies needed. I just never realized I was THAT bad. So now that I do, I'll not post any more songs. I'll keep my future findings to myself & most prob also all my future style & multipad creations. Thank you for all the advice. I really appreciate. I'm normally totally over enthusiastic about most things in life & it shows! Sometimes it helps others, sometimes it offends...

Cheers,

Henni

#406499 - 08/06/15 09:07 AM Re: Chariots of fire [Re: Henni]
124 Offline

Like Spalding, and working on the same principle, I rarely comment on contributions on the forum.

Henni, everyone is not as good as they could be. So the no. 1 requirement is to listen to yourself and be your own harshest critic, then go from there. The other no. 1 requirement is enthusiasm - and you already have that. Good luck.

#406521 - 08/06/15 04:27 PM Re: Chariots of fire [Re: Henni]
Mark79100 Offline

Loc: USA
Let’s see……another member wrote in a recent post: “The people here are generally reluctant to point out negatives in a performance.”

So why did Henni deserve this crucifixion when other members posted sub-standard demo’s and have been applauded via the “hand’s clapping” or the “thumbs up” icons?

And then you had the member who had two identities but was pardoned because he’s a home town boy.

And the “phony baloney” Korg demo’s (right out of the box) that were posted. Another free pass by loyal fans.

It appears that the local, long time regular members get a free pass and folks like Henni get ripped apart.

Now I really don’t even understand the reasons this happened, what is the plot or the sub-plot? What did he do that was SO bad? I read the posts every day, and don’t remember Henni being viewed as an “outlaw” until now. But he apparently upset someone enough to let the dogs loose on him. Then again, that’s easy enough to do nowadays, ‘cause you can just say your name and offend someone. What happened to tolerance and manners?

Though I never thought much about it, I personally respect what he’s doing down there with the music whether he’s playing a piece of string or a TOTL washboard. Live and let live I say (except when you try and pass off a phony demo).

Is it possible favoritism has permeated this room? That if you’re not a member of the “club,” then you get torn apart by the lions?

MARK

#406530 - 08/06/15 10:07 PM Re: Chariots of fire [Re: Henni]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I truly don't believe that is the case Mark. I think there was a great deal of miscommunication, and it sorted of escalated.
It's true most critiques here are positive and encouraging and that's o.k. And, there are some of us who WANT to have our errors or shortcoming pointed out, in case we aren't already aware of them.
Henni is a great human in my opinion, but then I don't know of anyone who hangs out here regularly who isn't.
Yes some years ago DNJ was trying to be clever and/or funny and it went over the line. But let me tell you, if one of us called him at midnight tonight needing something, he would bust his ass trying to help, even if he didn't know the person.
Personally, if I find something I think is pretty bad, I will not comment, but I sometimes privately communicate with the person if I think I can help.
A great example of taking criticism correctly is Col. He started posting vocals a year or two ago and they weren't very good. We didn't say, Col your vocals stink, but we did make suggestions as to how they could improve. You oughta hear 'em now! He has a fantastic voice and is getting better day by day!
I've had a couple of the guys tell me some of the stuff I've posted lately is not up to par. I already knew that, but I appreciate their reinforcing what I was hearing.
We are all communicating in English here, but remember English is not the first language for many of our members and it is easy to miss-communicate.
In fact from now on I will speak Spanish, or maybe even Australian. No wait I don't know much Spanish. Pretty fluent in Australian though mate!

#406533 - 08/07/15 12:54 AM Re: Chariots of fire [Re: Mark79100]
Henni Offline

Originally Posted By: Mark79100
...So why did Henni deserve this crucifixion...what is the plot or the sub-plot?...But he apparently upset someone enough to let the dogs loose on him. ...

I think I made too many noises lately about Yamaha versus .... If you cannot win against the opposition, then attempt to discredit them. If you succeed, then their future opinions counts for nothing. This is the newest tactic being applied in many court cases today.

Henni

#406537 - 08/07/15 02:35 AM Re: Chariots of fire [Re: Henni]
vangelis Offline

Loc: FLORIDA
I didn't read all the post, I don't think I have too, anyhow, I liked it, GREAT JOB!
smile

#406538 - 08/07/15 03:17 AM Re: Chariots of fire [Re: Henni]
Taike Offline

Loc: Xingyi, Guizhou (China)
[/quote]
I think I made too many noises lately about Yamaha versus .... If you cannot win against the opposition, then attempt to discredit them. If you succeed, then their future opinions counts for nothing. This is the newest tactic being applied in many court cases today.

Henni [/quote]

I think I made too many noises lately about Yamaha versus Ketron. That's what you want to imply?

WOW! (pardon the pun) That's quite an accusation. Pretty farfetched, if I may say so. It doesn't even make sense since DonM is the only one of the posters that has a Ketron (AWESOME...remember?). Apart from Bill, Spalding, and Vangelis, all others are actually Yamaha owners.

Time to come back to reality.

Edited by Taike (08/07/15 03:19 AM)

#406541 - 08/07/15 04:52 AM Re: Chariots of fire [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

I stand by what I said. Anyway, this thread has served it's unusefulness. It will only become ugly if continued. If you want a fight, don't pick me because sure as hell you're going to get it. I'm not the meek & timid kind & I'm done with this topic. Tx for all the feedback, good or not so good. Life goes on...

And just so you know - I said as of late that the instrument you refer to is indeed AWESOME in the right hands. You should go & read my posts more thoroughly before you make comments like these. Don't you dare take what I said out of context. And no need for you to also come & lay your little uncalled for egg over here.

There'll be no more contributions from me on this topic. If Nigel does not lock it, you'll be talking to yourselves from here onwards.

Spalding, we are good. I did not refer to you at all. But this previous "AWESOME" remark is uncalled for & not true at all.

Henni

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online