SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#406385 - 08/05/15 05:53 AM Re: Chariots of fire [Re: Henni]
mirza Offline

Loc: london,ontario.canada
So, basically you were just pressing buttons and not even playing as I already said.

TYROS 5,BEHRINGER X32PRODUCER,YAMAHA DSR112,JBL PRX618s XLF,EV ZLX12p,SENNHEISER E945,....ETC

#406387 - 08/05/15 06:01 AM Re: Chariots of fire [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
EXACTLY like I clearly said. In this instance I'm only a button pusher. That tune does not use difficult or complex chords in the least. However, the style lends itself nearly perfectly towards the rest. I've validated my point that the Yamaha can have WOW by pushing buttons mostly. It's not the same for everything we play, but I always utilize the WOW in any style to it's extreme. And it is for this reason that I'm once again biased towards Yamaha for they are best at this sort of thing.

If you buy a car with the latest gadgets, what's the use if you do not make use of it? If it's there, USE it! I've uploaded many, many of our creations over here over many years. It's not always about pushing buttons only. But I have the savvy to use the most of what's available to me. And I try my best NOT to do ANYTHING like the original. If it was good when created, why should I present it in the same way. Then rather listen to the original.

Tell me, as far as "arrangers" go, where do you draw the line to it being "fake"?. Most of what we use is automated. So why not use all the automation you can?

Henni

#406390 - 08/05/15 06:46 AM Re: Chariots of fire [Re: Henni]
mirza Offline

Loc: london,ontario.canada
Well, because I love playing.I will do my best to play as many parts as I can. Otherwise I can just use midis

TYROS 5,BEHRINGER X32PRODUCER,YAMAHA DSR112,JBL PRX618s XLF,EV ZLX12p,SENNHEISER E945,....ETC

#406391 - 08/05/15 06:49 AM Re: Chariots of fire [Re: mirza]
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Awful trumpet

Edited by FransN (08/05/15 07:17 AM)

#406395 - 08/05/15 07:48 AM Re: Chariots of fire [Re: Henni]
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
I am kind of disappointed Henni . But not entirely surprised that all you did was push buttons in this track . There is no way that your timing from previous tracks could have improved this much compared to this track . But I am disappointed that you feel that basically playing a midi track that you have revoiced slightly is any kind of reason to take pride in what either you have achieved in this track or the capability of the machine . I really had hoped there was more of you in this "performance " .

You have used the analogy of comparing the gadgets on an arranger to the gadgets in a luxury car for the "wow " factor . Only the major issue I have with that analogy is that most people get the wow factor by actually taking the car for a spin , finding some open road and putting it through its paces . Not simply playing with the electronic cup holder or adjustable seat seat or adjusting the electronic mirrors .

I feel kind of disappointed that you have such an awesome instrument but in this example have used it like an incredibly expensive CD player . I can't find anything encouraging to say other than when you learn to consider an arranger as an actual musical instrument rather than as a gadget you will really understand what making music for others is all about .

There are a couple of times I have been a Little embarrassed to be part of a discussion . This is one of them .

#406398 - 08/05/15 07:55 AM Re: Chariots of fire [Re: Henni]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Henni was up front about how he "made" the song. According to his own admissions, he is not a great player and chooses this way to reach his audiences. I see nothing wrong with that, particularly since he introduces himself as a button pusher. smile
I must agree, Henni, as you progress as a player, I feel you will get even more satisfaction by putting more of "Henni" in the performances!
Carry on with your work and passion!

#406402 - 08/05/15 08:07 AM Re: Chariots of fire [Re: DonM]
Dnj Offline

In a way we are all "button pushers" just operating an automatic device,...lets face it. wink
Some push better then others it's as simple as that.

Thanx for sharing Henni

Edited by Dnj (08/05/15 08:10 AM)

#406404 - 08/05/15 08:17 AM Re: Chariots of fire [Re: Dnj]
Henni Offline

Okay then already!

This one is real, live playing using the same style. More kind of what we do. Very versatile style indeed.

Note: I am no good at playing piano, but at least gave it a shot...

Cheers,

Henni

Attachments
AnotherTune.mp3 (32 downloads)

#406408 - 08/05/15 08:39 AM Re: Chariots of fire [Re: Henni]
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Henni, why not take some lessons to improve your playing. There are alot of good piano courses online you can follow.

#406409 - 08/05/15 08:49 AM Re: Chariots of fire [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Hi Frans,

Good Idea, tx. Don't use it that often though. I only play left hand whilst Monica sings. When we go over into soft instrumentals only I use my guitar.

This is one of our own compositions, taken live in one go, in our native tongue. However, you'll get the idea...

Cheers,

Henni

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online