SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#406351 - 08/04/15 02:58 PM Chariots of fire
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
...by a novice like me on my souped up S950. The WOW factor...

Henni

Attachments
Chariotsofire.mp3 (132 downloads)

#406353 - 08/04/15 03:34 PM Re: Chariots of fire [Re: Henni]
mirza Offline

Loc: london,ontario.canada
Henni, this is mostly a midi file. I guess you are playing that trumpet at the beginning.

TYROS 5,BEHRINGER X32PRODUCER,YAMAHA DSR112,JBL PRX618s XLF,EV ZLX12p,SENNHEISER E945,....ETC

#406356 - 08/04/15 03:57 PM Re: Chariots of fire [Re: Henni]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Somewhere in my archives I have a style file that is dedicated to this song.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#406367 - 08/04/15 09:50 PM Re: Chariots of fire [Re: travlin'easy]
Henni Offline

Originally Posted By: mirza
Henni, this is mostly a midi file. I guess you are playing that trumpet at the beginning.

Nope,

It's a style that I spiced up. Style live play one take only, no midi whatsoever. Assigned the new instruments to it, no VSTs needed. Next up is to create multipads from certain sections of the style intro & endings to make it even better & fuller...

I listened to other's over here's rendition of this tune & this one did not turn out too bad in comparison.

I have my own words for this tune & soon we'll record it live as such, using the vocalizer as well. Maybe I'll post over here again. However, I doubt that many would be interested in the words.

Now you see why I like my S950. It is WOW & tweaking it just makes it sound better & better! The possibilities with it are just endless. And the available styles - what more can I say...

Cheers,

Henni

#406368 - 08/04/15 10:26 PM Re: Chariots of fire [Re: Henni]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Great sound Henni! Good job.

#406370 - 08/04/15 10:35 PM Re: Chariots of fire [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Hi Don,

This demonstrates clearly what I meant by the "Yamaha's producing the WOW factor simply by pushing the right buttons @ the right time". Imagine and ordinary style allowing one to do that. This also clearly demonstrates why I'm so fond of the Yamaha intros & endings - they sure are mostly spectacular & can be used for a specific purpose whilst playing live. (Too bad Ketron never took heed of the repeated request to allow one to choose intro's or endings in succession to ones desire whilst playing a style live as I use this a LOT!)

So now even button pushers like i.e. myself can make it sound incredible. Everywhere we 'perform' wink (pun intended) wink , I announce Monica as our vocalist & myself merely as our "button pusher".

I am currently going through the thousands of my personal favourite styles, creating multipads from those style sections that grabs my attention, and with the various free software by others available, this is just so easy to do. You should hear some of the results already. Can't wait to get to Onacimus' distortion guitars...

Cheers,

Henni

#406377 - 08/05/15 04:23 AM Re: Chariots of fire [Re: Henni]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Sorry Henni, but that is one of the worst performances of Chariots of Fire I have heard in a long time, pretty much all the instruments were wrong and apart from the trumpet (Which sounded like a western) the sounds were of terrible quality. (The Yamaha 950 can do much better than this)

The poor sound may have been due to the recording, (So maybe worth checking out) however I suggest you download the original song and use this as a comparison to re-do it.

Look forward to the rework

Bill

#406378 - 08/05/15 04:38 AM Re: Chariots of fire [Re: Henni]
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
for what its Worth Henni I thought it sounded great . It would be useful if you explained how you produced this track and which parts you played live.

I have heard this song done many times and in no way is this a poor representation. Certainly I have heard much worse and this was good enough to fool some of us into believeing it was pure midi file .

#406379 - 08/05/15 04:44 AM Re: Chariots of fire [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Hi Bill,

Luckily I have no need or craving to play anything in it's original form. If I wanted to, we would rather have used backing tracks like most other 'performers' do. Then the music would sound EXACTLY like the real thing...

In any case, that's Henni's version of that specific tune.

Cheers,

Henni

#406380 - 08/05/15 04:51 AM Re: Chariots of fire [Re: spalding1968]
Henni Offline

Originally Posted By: spalding1968
for what its Worth Henni I thought it sounded great . It would be useful if you explained how you produced this track and which parts you played live.

I have heard this song done many times and in no way is this a poor representation. Certainly I have heard much worse and this was good enough to fool some of us into believeing it was pure midi file .

Nothing special, really.

1. Changed the style instruments & volumes for each part in each different variation to my liking. This was the most time consuming.
2. Hit Intro 3 & press a chord.
3. As soon as finished, select ending 3.
4. When I come to the appropriate section, select break fill.
5. Immediately select intro 2
6. When it's done, select ending 3
7. Break fill
8. Select intro 2.
9. Lastly select ending 2.

I am making multipads for the violin in intro 2 & strings in ending 3. They will not follow chords & will not play contineously. That way I will be able to play this tune for real sounding more or less like the style sections. When done, I'll re-post. For now I'm well advanced into making multipads from various styles. The results are really stunning, much much better than any onboard multipads.

Making Multipads:

1. Select styles 100% compatible for your Yamaha. Next, use Jorgens Style Format Converter to convert all styles to SFF1.
2. Use Michael's Padmaker & make a pad for each of chord1, chord2, pad, phrase1 & phrase2. When done, remove the parts you do not like & combine those you do.

This is a lot of tedeous work, but the results are well worth the effort. I already have some of the most amazing guitar pads, ready for use.

Cheers,

Henni

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online