SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#406270 - 08/03/15 07:33 PM Another New PSR-S970 Demo!
Mikem Offline

Loc: Quebec, Canada
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqQ5rACHat0

This one is also by Blake Angelos.

Enjoy!

#406271 - 08/03/15 08:55 PM Re: Another New PSR-S970 Demo! [Re: Mikem]
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Wow! Those guitar effects are absolutely incredible. I've always said Yamaha had the best guitar voices, but they have surpassed the industry with this keyboard.

thanks for the link, Mike,

Gary :coo:

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#406273 - 08/03/15 09:09 PM Re: Another New PSR-S970 Demo! [Re: travlin'easy]
Mikem Offline

Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
Wow! Those guitar effects are absolutely incredible. I've always said Yamaha had the best guitar voices, but they have surpassed the industry with this keyboard.

thanks for the link, Mike,

Gary :coo:

You're welcome, Gary! Yes, Yamaha creates very realistic guitar sounds, among others. It's great for those who want a great-sounding arranger without having to spend a small, personal fortune. smile

#406274 - 08/03/15 11:43 PM Re: Another New PSR-S970 Demo! [Re: Mikem]
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Can anyone explain to me the purpose of this new iPad chord Tracker functionality ? Isn't this just a much longer and convoluted long way to do exactly the same thing that the backing track record function on the PSR does ? Where you simply play the chords of the song in the backing track sequencer and record it internally on the keyboard ?Then you can simply change the styles as you wish and it will remember the changes that you used. Or have I confused this function with the backing track sequencer in my kong ?

#406276 - 08/04/15 01:04 AM Re: Another New PSR-S970 Demo! [Re: spalding1968]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Originally Posted By: spalding1968
Can anyone explain to me the purpose of this new iPad chord Tracker functionality ? Isn't this just a much longer and convoluted long way to do exactly the same thing that the backing track record function on the PSR does ? Where you simply play the chords of the song in the backing track sequencer and record it internally on the keyboard ?Then you can simply change the styles as you wish and it will remember the changes that you used. Or have I confused this function with the backing track sequencer in my kong ?

It’s not actually new as a number of programs can do it, however Yamaha have just integrated it into the Arranger line for ease of use.

Its main job is to take any song/tune (In audio format) and extract the chords from it, thus allowing you to play the song using a style. (It solves the problem of having to keep looking for lead sheets when you want to learn a new song)

If you’re a pro musician then you will most likely be able to identify the chords used yourself, however as arrangers are designed to be easy play for the home hobby player, it gives them another option in learning new songs/tunes.

Bill

#406280 - 08/04/15 05:31 AM Re: Another New PSR-S970 Demo! [Re: abacus]
OldNewb Offline

Loc: Shorewood Wi. USA
I may be wrong here but I think when you record a midi song using style play on psr and then play it back, you can alter it by starting style along with the song.
But, it will not change the voices used in the midi song, but rather only alter the drums?
Is this correct?
Then it is a lot different in that regard from the chord tracker usage for the pre recorded chord structures in style play
Jim

#406283 - 08/04/15 06:28 AM Re: Another New PSR-S970 Demo! [Re: Mikem]
saxxman Offline

Loc: Niceville, FL USA
Thanks Mike! Blake did another great job on this demo! keys

PA4X, SX900 (Baby Genos), Roland U-20, L1 Compact, Way 2 Many Saxes

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

#406291 - 08/04/15 07:20 AM Re: Another New PSR-S970 Demo! [Re: abacus]
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Originally Posted By: abacus
Originally Posted By: spalding1968

It’s not actually new as a number of programs can do it, however Yamaha have just integrated it into the Arranger line for ease of use.

Its main job is to take any song/tune (In audio format) and extract the chords from it, thus allowing you to play the song using a style. (It solves the problem of having to keep looking for lead sheets when you want to learn a new song)

If you’re a pro musician then you will most likely be able to identify the chords used yourself, however as arrangers are designed to be easy play for the home hobby player, it gives them another option in learning new songs/tunes.

Bill

Right Bill . so is its purpose to help people who aren't able to hear the chords and the changes to simply translate the chord changes from a pre-recorded piece of audio which will then play back from the arranger in the correct chord sequences and all you have to do is select the style?

So if I've understood correctly you then learn the chird changes by listening to the track? Or does the track playback and identify using symbols et cetera for the correct chord changes as ut is being played back through the arranger ?

#406301 - 08/04/15 07:35 AM Re: Another New PSR-S970 Demo! [Re: Mikem]
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
Interesting. The new Blake Angelo S970 video looks like a cut down version of his first Kraft video.

My S970 should show up today or tomorrow.

smile

#406341 - 08/04/15 12:44 PM Re: Another New PSR-S970 Demo! [Re: saxxman]
Mikem Offline

Originally Posted By: saxxman
Thanks Mike! Blake did another great job on this demo! keys

You're welcome, Randy!

I find he's very likable, and as I mentioned a few weeks back, he used to demo the Yamaha Motif XF. It seems he crossed over to arranger keyboards. On YouTube, you can even find him demonstrating the Tyros 5.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online