SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#406316 - 08/04/15 08:53 AM Re: Will new S970 features be part of the NEW TYROS 6? [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Donny, those so called Baby Steps have obviously done a great job for Yamaha. They are still the top seller of arranger keyboards in the entire world, aren't they? Hey, how many folks have already pre-ordered their S-970? And, that's just those on this and the PSR Tutorial forum. Bet Frankie V can't get them in and out the door fast enough to satisfy the demand.

Good luck,

Gary cool

Edited by travlin'easy (08/04/15 08:55 AM)

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#406318 - 08/04/15 09:03 AM Re: Will new S970 features be part of the NEW TYROS 6? [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
Donny, those so called Baby Steps have obviously done a great job for Yamaha. They are still the top seller of arranger keyboards in the entire world, aren't they? Hey, how many folks have already pre-ordered their S-970? And, that's just those on this and the PSR Tutorial forum. Bet Frankie V can't get them in and out the door fast enough to satisfy the demand.

Good luck,

Gary cool

No Doubt Gary,..yes the throngs of loyal Yamaha players will always buy no matter what & that is a good thing. I just wish they would get a bit more aggressive in their upgrades.......

Have a great Day keys

#406319 - 08/04/15 09:07 AM Re: Will new S970 features be part of the NEW TYROS 6? [Re: Dnj]
mirza Offline

Loc: london,ontario.canada
Sheeps will always be sheeps, and wolves will always have full bellies.

TYROS 5,BEHRINGER X32PRODUCER,YAMAHA DSR112,JBL PRX618s XLF,EV ZLX12p,SENNHEISER E945,....ETC

#406326 - 08/04/15 10:15 AM Re: Will new S970 features be part of the NEW TYROS 6? [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
smile

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#406330 - 08/04/15 10:42 AM Re: Will new S970 features be part of the NEW TYROS 6? [Re: Dnj]
mirza Offline

Loc: london,ontario.canada
Kidding aside.
If I didn't have a keyboard I would be very interested in s950 because of all expansions.The only thing is I do believe they still didn't upgrade keyboard action.Which is a big shame.

TYROS 5,BEHRINGER X32PRODUCER,YAMAHA DSR112,JBL PRX618s XLF,EV ZLX12p,SENNHEISER E945,....ETC

#406333 - 08/04/15 11:45 AM Re: Will new S970 features be part of the NEW TYROS 6? [Re: mirza]
Marcus Offline

Loc: Canada
Are not most manufacturers upgrading their product in steps as technology advances? Would it not be effective when creating a new line or product, that platform gets maxed out to keep cost in line?

The other issue is, you want your previous created content to be compatible with the new model if one chooses to upgrade. A whole new revolutionary concept would force a user to start pretty much from the beginning trying to fit the new technology into past arrangements, or song set.

At least with gradual upgrades, one can choose to skip a model or two where suddenly these baby steps are quite impressive. I have no reason to change brands, because I know the Yamaha OS and all my previous content, midi files, styles, multipads, etc., should all be compatible or upgradable with a new model. Just my own take on the subject.

Regards, Marcus

#406334 - 08/04/15 12:01 PM Re: Will new S970 features be part of the NEW TYROS 6? [Re: cgiles]
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
Originally Posted By: cgiles
Originally Posted By: guitpic1
It certainly would make sense to sell just one keyboard that was capable of accepting upgrades...be it hardware or software.

This reminds me of the IBM stance on computers way back in the beginning. IBM said the money was in building computers and hardware. Microsoft maintained that the money was in software.

Somewhere along the line some Company is going to market an arranger that is really upgradable, and only excepts that company's software and hardware .

When that happens, that company will be the new Microsoft of arrangers/keyboards.

You may be right. I think I'll just check with Liontracs, or Gem, or several other companies whose names I can't quite remember. hmmmm.

chas

Good point Chas. if it didn't work in the past, it's certain that no one will try it in the future.

crazy

Edited by guitpic1 (08/04/15 12:02 PM)

#406337 - 08/04/15 12:15 PM Re: Will new S970 features be part of the NEW TYROS 6? [Re: guitpic1]
Bachus Offline

Combine the new S970 features with the reface, and you can guess what te direction of the Tyros 6 will be...

Tough i also heared that there would be no Tyros 6 but that it would be named differently, just like the Montage replacing the Motif... yamaha is taking a step up in hardware performance, and with that the name of their game changes..

http://keyszone.boards.net

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online