SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#405424 - 07/23/15 11:41 PM Re: Why I like my brand... [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
Hi Spalding - Tx for your reply. The one thing I thought I was rather strong in was playing the right chord at the right time - guess my way of doing things is not to everyone's liking. I never play anything with my right hand during performances. Monica sings. I know not many over here like Gospel, so I refrained from using vocal selections of which we have a great many. Also, I mixed distortion guitar with trumpet for the chorus section - just because I like distortion guitars. smile However, I realize this mix is not for real...

I'm sorry more would not post some of their recordings. It would be interesting to see how others showcased their own highlights of their preferred brand.

Hi Don - alas I cannot for the life of me play voices for real with my right hand. blush blush blush

Cheers,

Henni

#405425 - 07/23/15 11:49 PM Re: Why I like my brand... [Re: Henni]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Henni, you just keep doing what you are doing! My comments were only meant to help. I have long admired your dedication to following your heart and using your music to serve your fellow man. You do have that Yammie sounding great my friend!

#405426 - 07/23/15 11:57 PM Re: Why I like my brand... [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Thanks Don,

I might post some more instrumentals just for fun though. Yes, we love what we do & the S950 certainly is great at it.

Also - just out of interest: Our set-up grew a little & this is what it looks like for now. Note the new amp installed on top for the 18" Celestian bass bins. We now pack quite a punch...

Cheers all,

Henni

Attachments
Picture 076.jpg

Picture 089.jpg

#405429 - 07/24/15 03:19 AM Re: Why I like my brand... [Re: Henni]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Henni,
I understand what you are trying to create with your music and you did an excellent job. There is only one problem, if you attend a church with this type of music you are right on. I attend a mega church, over 17,000 members – I hate their music; it is very much like yours.

This a personal opinion based on what I have been exposed to. I am used to music with feeling, music that is not so busy, and constantly coming at you. I’m a senior.
My church is an extremely successful church, and I base that success on what they are offering the younger generation. If I was younger and had children, this would be the church I would want them in.

This is not about religion but about how we are viewing the music that has been posted here on the forum. Having been exposed to the music that henna posted I have to say “Great Job” even though it is not my kind of music. He did good!

Only my opinion, John C.

#405527 - 07/25/15 11:32 AM Re: Why I like my brand... [Re: bruno123]
Henni Offline

Hi John,

Just maybe you'll like these a little more. Again on the S950.

Cheers,

Henni

Attachments
SoGood.mp3 (30 downloads)
Worthy.mp3 (18 downloads)

#405539 - 07/25/15 06:07 PM Re: Why I like my brand... [Re: Henni]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Henni, there is something lacking. I could say I feel asleep while listening, but then I would not like myself.

In order to be effective the mood must change. In my band days when we had the dancers at a high (excitement) we played some type of ballad or Latin music. When they calm down we began to push again. It is this movement that is needed in all music. To reach a high and stay there must fail.

When a man becomes poor and mood is that of failure; hitting bottom there is very little emotional value; you’re down and that’s it. But he begins to prosper and make great financial gains there is excitement, the story becomes alive. It is the change that people understand/love.

I want to hear a disco that is really pounding. Then something sentimental; and then some driving 50’s music to bring back the excitement – Music tells a story, and the story is not told in a monotone. This is why the keyboard has rhythm variations, fills, and drum pads. I love to cut the accompaniments 1 thru 5, play for a while, and then I bring the band back.

I hope I did not take this too far.
John C.

#405548 - 07/25/15 09:42 PM Re: Why I like my brand... [Re: Henni]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
John, the next time I bring the keyboard into the office/studio I'll try to provide you with some of the songs you requested. Just too much to lug around tonight.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online