SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#405394 - 07/23/15 04:58 PM Continuing SD7 Stuff
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
The other thread was getting SOOOOO long. . .plus DNJ started it and he has switched arrangers again, and again, and again, and again... that's a line from a song I'm working on, The Highwayman. smile
Anyway, I've had a few days off so getting deeper into the SD7. It is so easy to edit sounds to your liking. I "created" a couple of guitar sounds today that I like a lot, and I'm pretty picky about guitars.
With A.J.'s help I discovered how to do a couple more things that had eluded me as far as editing and saving vocal settings.
I got into the Modeling area, where you can totally change styles to suit your own unique needs. (May have discovered a small bug there, but it could be me). A great feature is that you can use any of the drum kits, including the audio drum loops, with any style, and pretty much build the groove you want. You can take a style from an older Ketron, insert an audio drum kit, and bring totally new life to it.
Gary Diamond sent a midi file to me and I since I had really not fooled with that area at all, I learned how to get around that menu, changed mute channel on the fly, alter background, display size, etc. So much is so easy to do. Best OS I've seen in any arranger, and it is due to get better in the next few days with important update.
I've been serving as sort of a guinea pig, making notes of areas where I think changes and/or improvements could be made, and of bugs, then relaying them to A.J. so he and Ketron can address them, along with the other improvements on which they are working.
I'm convinced the potential of this arranger is unsurpassed, even by it's bigger brother the Audya.
Was it released a TAD early? Probably, but it is more than usable in its present form, and will only get better.
The good news is, the company is small and will listen and address issues as they are discovered in a totally new model such as this.
For those in the Houston area, A.J., our old friend Vince Ramos and I will be hosting a seminar/workshop there very soon.
One other "note" - I noticed when I first plugged in my Sennheiser E945 mic that it sounded quite good with the factory default, really no e.q. necessary. A.J. told me today that the vocal settings were optimized at the factory with a Sennheiser E835, so that's probably the reason!
As more of these arrangers are sold, I hope those of us here who have one will contribute to this thread.

#405396 - 07/23/15 05:25 PM Re: Continuing SD7 Stuff [Re: DonM]
Dnj Offline

#405398 - 07/23/15 05:59 PM Re: Continuing SD7 Stuff [Re: DonM]
DonM Offline

That's a great-sounding style. I need to find a song to do with it!

#405460 - 07/24/15 12:16 PM Re: Continuing SD7 Stuff [Re: DonM]
Tyrosman5
Unregistered

Don,
Glad also that you are starting a new thread here as the orig.
was getting too loooong!
Looking so forward to receiving my Ketron SD 7. This board has
great potential and the more people purchase them, the better
it will get with many inputs from owners. The next couple of
weeks will go by fast. Lloyd

#405500 - 07/25/15 07:31 AM Re: Continuing SD7 Stuff [Re: DonM]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Originally Posted By: DonM
That's a great-sounding style. I need to find a song to do with it!

Don, try "Have I Told You Lately" ... its a hipper, more energetic taste than either Van or Rod used, but I think it'd be great!

#405513 - 07/25/15 09:01 AM Re: Continuing SD7 Stuff [Re: DonM]
DonM Offline

Thanks Dave, will try it it a few minutes. If it works I'll do it tonight and record it.

#405718 - 07/27/15 07:25 PM Re: Continuing SD7 Stuff [Re: DonM]
Tyrosman5
Unregistered

While waiting for my SD 7 to be delivered I downloaded the owners manual. I don't understand "Player 1 & Player 2"
I fail to see an explanation so Could an owner please explain
the difference between Player 1 and Player 2. Thanks in advance.\
Lloyd

#405719 - 07/27/15 08:45 PM Re: Continuing SD7 Stuff [Re: DonM]
Jerry T Offline

Loc: Phila. 'burbs, Pa. USA
… looking forward to more discussion and perhaps a collection of tips. I should have the Midjay Pro with the Ajam upgrade soon, and I understand that most of the functions of the SD7 and Midjay Pro are similar. In the past, most manuals and tutorials showed what a keyboard and/or module can do, but many times neglected to give specifics and intricacies of how to DO a function.
Ciao,
Jerry

#405720 - 07/27/15 10:23 PM Re: Continuing SD7 Stuff [Re: DonM]
DonM Offline

No real difference between Player one and two. You can have a song cued up on each player and cross fade between them if you like. Like a DJ having two turntables. There is even a view you can use that shows a PICTURE of two turntables. There is even an option to pre-fade listen to one while the other is playing. I haven't tried it though.

#405732 - 07/28/15 05:47 AM Re: Continuing SD7 Stuff [Re: DonM]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: DonM
No real difference between Player one and two. You can have a song cued up on each player and cross fade between them if you like. Like a DJ having two turntables. There is even a view you can use that shows a PICTURE of two turntables. There is even an option to pre-fade listen to one while the other is playing. I haven't tried it though.

Attachments
Untitled.jpg

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online