SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#404627 - 07/09/15 12:13 AM Finally met Captain Russ
mikey_maestro Offline

Loc: San Tan Valley, AZ
've been on a Cross country road trip since June 10th with my fiancé and her 2 children. we were able to meet and photograph Don Mason in Louisiana. He was an absolute sweetheart of a person.

We decided to visit my ole stomping grounds "Lexington Kentucky" last night.
I have not been there since 1994. I was able to track down "Captain Russ" this morning. We decided to meet at his office. Russ and I frequently talked guitars over the years. He gave me the biggest smile as we pulled up.
He let me play a little on all his favorite guitars. It was absolutely awesome

We were all treated like we've know each other all our lives. Russ then invited and treated all of us to dinner at this very lavish place. I'm so glad we finally got to meet. Russ and Don are two great people. I will never forget this trip and meeting 2 of the good guys in the business.

Thanks so much my friends

PS.
I am heading to memphis tennesee tomorrow morning then to Arkansas, Oklahoma, Texas, New Mexico.

I'm always up to meting great people from this wonderful site
call me 508-558-3500

Michael

#404632 - 07/09/15 03:59 AM Re: Finally met Captain Russ [Re: mikey_maestro]
Dnj Offline

Mike sounds like a fun meeting did you take alot of pictures with Russ I hope? cool2

#404648 - 07/09/15 06:01 AM Re: Finally met Captain Russ [Re: mikey_maestro]
mikey_maestro Offline

Here is a quick photo we took

Attachments
image.jpg (50 downloads)

#404650 - 07/09/15 06:22 AM Re: Finally met Captain Russ [Re: mikey_maestro]
Dnj Offline

Very Kool Mike great Picture of you and Russ!!

#404655 - 07/09/15 07:30 AM Re: Finally met Captain Russ [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

cool2

Two KOOL Dudes!!

Attachments
Russ Mike2.jpg

#404656 - 07/09/15 07:32 AM Re: Finally met Captain Russ [Re: Dnj]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Mike and his little family are GREAT!

And, he's no slouch as a guitar player! Since I have made a good portion of my living as a commercial photographer, I'm kind of jealous that he is doing great work and actually saying something with the results. I spent 30 years doing photos of Air conditioners, furnaces and electrical boxes (UGH!).

I had just come from the dentist when he called, so a fun visit with them took my mind off the discomfort.

Mike only had time to play about 12 guitars....there are over 100 here in the warehouse.

When he and family come back, we'll have time for an extended visit; maybe the kids will help feed the fish and see the bird and puppies. And we can look at the 200 plus other instruments across town.

All the best guys....you certainly deserve it!

Keep in touch!

Russ

(Beautiful children...well behaved. Stay a little longer next time and I'll take care of that LOL)!

Edited by captain Russ (07/09/15 07:59 AM)

#404657 - 07/09/15 07:46 AM Re: Finally met Captain Russ [Re: mikey_maestro]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Mike, sorry we could not get together when you passed through this part of the world. I know we could have had an enjoyable day if the weather had cooperated.

All the best,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#404889 - 07/14/15 12:19 AM Re: Finally met Captain Russ [Re: captain Russ]
mikey_maestro Offline

Thanks for the kind words Russ... It was so much fun

Originally Posted By: captain Russ
Mike and his little family are GREAT!

And, he's no slouch as a guitar player! Since I have made a good portion of my living as a commercial photographer, I'm kind of jealous that he is doing great work and actually saying something with the results. I spent 30 years doing photos of Air conditioners, furnaces and electrical boxes (UGH!).

I had just come from the dentist when he called, so a fun visit with them took my mind off the discomfort.

Mike only had time to play about 12 guitars....there are over 100 here in the warehouse.

When he and family come back, we'll have time for an extended visit; maybe the kids will help feed the fish and see the bird and puppies. And we can look at the 200 plus other instruments across town.

All the best guys....you certainly deserve it!

Keep in touch!

Russ

(Beautiful children...well behaved. Stay a little longer next time and I'll take care of that LOL)!

#404891 - 07/14/15 01:19 AM Re: Finally met Captain Russ [Re: mikey_maestro]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Fantastic Mikey, I bet it was a blast catching up with Don and Russ. I am so jealous.

#404896 - 07/14/15 07:03 AM Re: Finally met Captain Russ [Re: mikey_maestro]
musicforyourday Offline

Loc: So California, USA
that must of been fun i read from a far about everyone I thik it would be fun to meet some of you guys let have a west coast Jam ??????

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online