SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#404832 - 07/12/15 03:45 PM Re: It's over... [Re: ]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Gary, you have posted on this forum with wisdom. I feel your post about you leaving the music business is again showing your class and your wisdom. Wisdom -- I have been told leave the music before it leaves you; again, great wisdom.

My close friend has all his instruments set up in his home; he sets up like he is prepared for his next job. His body has little left in it, but he continues to fight to perform. If that’s all he has, there that’s all there is who is to say.
For me, I’m almost there –there are times when I question myself. (grin) My body is still in good shape, no, in fair shape, so I still keep dreaming of what could be.

Gary, from age 30 till now my dream is to own a good size and have and do what you are about to do. You have the freedom to do just about whatever your heart (and wife) desires to do. Had to put your wife in there. I have read many of your posts with envy thinking this guy has pretty well together, and he has a boat. A good mind, a great home, good experiences, people who are reaching out for his music – and wanting to pay the price for it.

You’re leaving music playing with class, don’t look back, there’s so much ahead for you.(and you got a boat grrr) how good can it get. I know that pains and aches that come with age tend to want to kill all happiness but please get past that if you can.

A prayer for good acceptable health, John C.

PS, Anyone can have a boat, but few have the courage and ability to sale to the many places you have sale to.

#404836 - 07/12/15 04:28 PM Re: It's over... [Re: travlin'easy]
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Thanks everyone for the well wishes. I hope to meet with some more synthzoners during my next sailing excursion to the sunny Florida Keys. Over these many years that I have been a member of this wonderful forum, I have really learned a lot from the members, and I have been extremely fortunate in meeting many of you during my many excursions to the sunny south and west.

tomorrow, if the weather cooperates, my wife and I and one of her friends, will be sailing the Chesapeake Bay's upper reaches. Just a short, day trip to make sure everything on the boat is in good working order. Kinda like a shakedown cruise before heading south in October.

Yes, the water is really that color, the beer is cold, the weather is always warm, but usually not hot and that's what a retired guy should look like - HAPPY!

Thanks again, everyone, and I hope to see many of you soon,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#404842 - 07/12/15 07:10 PM Re: It's over... [Re: travlin'easy]
sparky589 Offline

Loc: NJ
I too have peripheral neuropathy and after spinal fusion stabilized my spine the damage had already been done to the nerves. So if you ever want to swap stories let me know. I wish you the best...

#404854 - 07/13/15 01:45 AM Re: It's over... [Re: travlin'easy]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
I wish you the very best Gary, please make your retired years count for you and enjoy not having to work. We all have to make that decision at some time. I wish I could but I don't ever see that being possible. I am glad you can.

#404887 - 07/13/15 08:21 PM Re: It's over... [Re: travlin'easy]
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
Gary, I keep waiting for you to say April Fools! Sadly I know it's not coming. You have been a great friend, mentor, and inspiration to all of us. The music performance world will greatly miss you. On the plus side, you can now make that Michigan visit.

Tom

Tom

#404888 - 07/14/15 12:14 AM Re: It's over... [Re: travlin'easy]
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Hi Gary. It's worth here. I am sorry to hear the sad news but it was expected. You have been cheating Father Time for a long time now ! You have been a great source of encouragement , and debate and influence on the forum . And I know that the many folks you have entertained over the years have had their hearts gladdened that much more by your music . We are here to be a blessing to others and in doing so we too are blessed you have held your part of the deal very well .

I hope your retirement is just the next phase in your splendid life . Clearly there are real challenges ahead for you but when has that never been the case ? God bless you and your wife and try to stay involved in whatever way you are able both musically and with this forum . Respect . Worth

#404894 - 07/14/15 05:13 AM Re: It's over... [Re: spalding1968]
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
Gary. Best wishes from your friend in the UK.
I look at it...If we wake up in each morning then we have another days bonus. Keep well my friend.

#404898 - 07/14/15 07:36 AM Re: It's over... [Re: travlin'easy]

Thanks again for the Kudos guys. Yesterday, with a weather prediction of a 50 percent chance of rain, I took Carol and a friend of hers sailing. We had a great day, the winds and temperatures were excellent, not a drop of rain until about midnight last night. I thought to myself, yep, this is what retirement is all about. We sailed 43 miles, then motored the last few miles back to the marina. The main reason I came back to the marina is today is another day of work, singing to the ladies. Had it not been, I would have sailed a lot farther south, spent the night anchored out, watched the sunset in a quiet cove and had been rocked to sleep in my bed by the gentle wave action lapping against the side of the boat. smile

All the best,

Gary cool

#404900 - 07/14/15 08:28 AM Re: It's over... [Re: travlin'easy]
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Gary, I think, for you and I both, a redefinition or refocus is a better way of putting what's ahead. I am getting off motorcycles, have quit playing upright and didn't renew a contract to write for a foreign manufacturer.

But there's lots left to do. There are still plenty of opportunities as a free lancer.

I've found working with charities a really fulfilling way to make a difference.

I, too have medical issues, but I'm not giving up. I'm sure you won't either. Your life up to this point has been one of substance. I'm sure it will stay that way; just in a different, less taxing direction.

I haven't had a drink since 1988. All this makes me want to take a break and join you for a long cold one.

Just the help you give people with keyboards (they're those damn Yamaha's, but, whatever) is worthwhile and appreciated.

You are appreciated and will continue to be admired by all of us even after this "transition".

Best personal thoughts and wishes for the future,

Russ

#404905 - 07/14/15 08:43 AM Re: It's over... [Re: travlin'easy]

Thanks Russ, I really appreciate your friendship and kindness over these many, many years.

Gary cool

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online