SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#404812 - 07/12/15 06:34 AM Re: It's over... [Re: travlin'easy]
wrinkles303 Offline

Loc: worthington ,ohio
I made the same decision 9 years ago. Make your last gig a celebration of your musical life and the beginning of the wonderful adventure of real retirement. My last gig over 600 people showed up to see me off as I was also moving back to Ohio for medical treatment. It was a great send off .I got a standing ovation when I first walked on stage. I 'll never forget that. Even though you can't play as you use to , now is the time to pass your experience on to others . You have been so helpful over the years and have my respect of you. I wish you all the best and have a wonderful rest of your life with calm seas and smooth sailing.
Dave

#404813 - 07/12/15 06:36 AM Re: It's over... [Re: travlin'easy]
wrinkles303 Offline

Loc: worthington ,ohio
Ps. You might want to make a video of your last gig. I did, it was great!

#404814 - 07/12/15 07:32 AM Re: It's over... [Re: travlin'easy]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Gary,

Sorry to hear the news, but in talking to you in the past I understand you're making the right choice. Like the song lyrics are sung "you got to know when to fold 'em, know when to walk away". Wishing you and Carol the best in the coming months and your retirement. Many thanks too for all the helpful tips and tricks you've given in the past.

#404815 - 07/12/15 08:14 AM Re: It's over... [Re: travlin'easy]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
Gary
Happy Day ( its my BD ) and Sad day, I read your post with my morning coffee. Sorry to hear your leaving due to medical issues. Just the other day I was looking at the info you were generous enough to share with me on promoting your business. We're moving to Bluffton SC and I plan on using some of your ideas when I get there. I'm even going to try some Green Margaritas, I think they're the real secret !

Manage the discomfort as best you can and enjoy all you can, you've earned it.

#404816 - 07/12/15 08:28 AM Re: It's over... [Re: travlin'easy]
saxxman Offline

Loc: Niceville, FL USA
Gary - I have heard over and over again how nice it is to be officially retired! I am sure you will love the freedom of having no contractual commitments to deal with and you will still enjoy the fun of playing music! I salute you for your decision to do what is best for Gary and Carol. Enjoy the relief of all the time being "yours" and also take the time to take it easy on your back and enjoy lifting a few glasses of Kickapoo Joy Juice! Please plan to continue sharing all the experience and advice you have offered to all of us!

PA4X, SX900 (Baby Genos), Roland U-20, L1 Compact, Way 2 Many Saxes

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

#404817 - 07/12/15 08:49 AM Re: It's over... [Re: travlin'easy]
Songman55 Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD USA
Hi Gary. Sorry to hear the news but we've talked about this many times. You are a man of many talents so I know you'll have no problem filling the time. I'll call you later.

All the best my friend,

Joe

#404818 - 07/12/15 09:23 AM Re: It's over... [Re: Songman55]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
Hi Gary,
Everyone has said just what I would have said. I know you will enjoy your retirement even though it is not the way you wanted it to end. When I got my first keyboard, about 10 years ago, you were one of the main reasons I was able to make progress and really learn how to use it. I wonder if you really understand the impact you have had on Yamaha players on both this forum and the PSRTUTORIAL site? A big thank you for that and I hope you are able to continue what you have done.

Deane

#404819 - 07/12/15 09:50 AM Re: It's over... [Re: hammer]
john smies Offline

Loc: koudekerke, Holland.

Hi Gary,

Like Deane says, not much to say what has not been said. I sincerely hope you will be able to make the most of your retired days in any possible way and that the music may/will keep you alive , notwithstanding your physical burdens.

warmest regards,
John Smies
Holland

#404829 - 07/12/15 12:30 PM Re: It's over... [Re: travlin'easy]
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Gary - we'll all have to make that difficult decision sooner or later. I'm sure you're gonna enjoy retirement to the hilt and that you'll still be playing out for a good while yet. Keep singing, it's important to keep that golden voice well oiled.

I thank you for all the great advice you have given me and all the members of SZ. You have been a good friend and supporter. I foresee an SZ Key West Jam in a couple years, by then I'll be looking forward to it. I'll see you here on SZ And on PSR Tutorial. Peace be with you, my friend. clap keys

#404830 - 07/12/15 02:24 PM Re: It's over... [Re: travlin'easy]
Tyrosman5
Unregistered

Gary,
Never met you but have enjoyed your posts here on PSR Tutorial.
With your back problems (I have had them for over 60 yrs. I am
86), You are doing yourself a great favor and hopefully you will benefit from rest and relaxation.

I do wish you the best and hope you sell all your unwanted equipment so you can put the loot in beverages (you know the kind i'm talking about). Best to you, Lloyd

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online