SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#404512 - 07/06/15 11:13 PM Re: Why I'm into my Yamaha again... [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
Hi Marcus,

Tx for your detailed explanation. Like you, I like to modify styles. But I'm no perfectionist. If it does not come out nicely, I simply move on to the next style.

Onacimus over at PSRTutorial, he's a perfectionist. If he converts something, you can bet it's perfect. But as you say, my mods make for a good foundation for further tweaking.

My only gripe: Michael's Stylemaker & Yamaha's Mega Enhancer is not written to allow batch conversions, so it is very time consuming with many, many clicks for each style to be converted. Oh yes, & then I have to use Jorgen's SFC converter to 1st convert back to SFC1 format as even Yamaha's own converter cannot handle SFC2 formats correctly.

Keep well my friend,

Henni

#404575 - 07/08/15 07:14 AM Re: Why I'm into my Yamaha again... [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Hi again,

Not that my opinion counts for much, but here goes anyway:

I just listened to the SD7 demo's. I think I understand a little better why the Yamaha interests me again.
1. Their styles are more of an American version of music.
2. The Mega voices, especially the guitars, are awesome.
3. Unlike Fran, I like busy styles. Yamaha styles are busy.
4. I always use intros & endings as fills. Yamaha is good here.
5. I think I have close to 200 000 Yamaha styles.
6. You can eventually make all new models styles work in older models.
7. There are so much free excellent style mod software to be had.
8. The styles are not non copyable like i.e. Ketron styles.

The SD7 voices are great & authentic, but the styles not Western enough for my personal liking. Yes, I think they excell if one plays that kind of music.

If I can once again afford to, I'll upgrade to an Tyros 5.

I will shortly post some demos illustrating what I mean in all the above.

Cheers,

Henni

#404582 - 07/08/15 09:59 AM Re: Why I'm into my Yamaha again... [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Hi again,

This is why I'm into my Yamaha again.

Henni

Attachments
Demo_09.mp3 (29 downloads)
Demo_10.mp3 (21 downloads)

#404583 - 07/08/15 10:02 AM Re: Why I'm into my Yamaha again... [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Hi again,

This is why I'm into my Yamaha again.

Henni

Attachments
Demo_11.mp3 (17 downloads)

#404586 - 07/08/15 11:45 AM Re: Why I'm into my Yamaha again... [Re: Henni]
mirza Offline

Loc: london,ontario.canada
Henni, do you really need 200 000 styles? ?It seems like it's more about collecting styles than actually using the keyboard for making or playing music.

TYROS 5,BEHRINGER X32PRODUCER,YAMAHA DSR112,JBL PRX618s XLF,EV ZLX12p,SENNHEISER E945,....ETC

#404592 - 07/08/15 12:37 PM Re: Why I'm into my Yamaha again... [Re: mirza]
Henni Offline

No,

I don't need them But that is my interest in arrangers - styles. And I have demonstrated my interest in this by the over 60 000 I've uploaded for Ketron, and the many, many I've modified & uploaded over at Yamaha.

Yes, we do make music. I've uploaded many of our music over here before. I've modifed many onboard Audya styles also, but those could not be shared as with the other brands. Pity though as it kills much interest in the type...

Cheers,

Henni

#404594 - 07/08/15 12:42 PM Re: Why I'm into my Yamaha again... [Re: Henni]
mirza Offline

Loc: london,ontario.canada
I didn't mean anything bad by it. Yamaha does have the biggest base of styles to work with which is a big plus.And if they start giving uz better drum kits instead of handful audio styles where would the end be.....heheh

TYROS 5,BEHRINGER X32PRODUCER,YAMAHA DSR112,JBL PRX618s XLF,EV ZLX12p,SENNHEISER E945,....ETC

#404596 - 07/08/15 12:46 PM Re: Why I'm into my Yamaha again... [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Yeah,

I know. We are all different. Some of us are DJs, some make music for the movies, some play in rock bands, many play for old age homes. I modify styles. That's how it is...

Cheers,

Henni

#404600 - 07/08/15 02:01 PM Re: Why I'm into my Yamaha again... [Re: Henni]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I have about 55,000 styles that I constantly search through to use for a specific song. This collection has taken more than a decade to compile, but one thing is certain, I'm never at a loss to find that perfect style for a specific song. As for the drums, that never bothered me, and yes, I played with a live band for many years. Yamaha's drums are just fine for me, and for the most part, every audience I've ever performed for.

All the best,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#404612 - 07/08/15 04:17 PM Re: Why I'm into my Yamaha again... [Re: travlin'easy]
Marcus Offline

Loc: Canada
Style selection for Yamaha is huge, plus converted styles from other brands to up convert. Particularly getting nicer style guitar and choir tracks in the Tyros 5 preset styles and in the lastest Tyros 5 Premium Styles from YamahaMusicSoft. The guitar parts are really good with newer Tyros 5 guitar voices and DSP effects.

Sometimes buy ( during 20% off sale ) some specific Tyros 5 Premium styles just for certain style tracks that are sounding so real and authentic and create hybrid styles, borrowing parts to and from. Style programming is getting so complex, yet realistic and worth the cost of buying the newest versions and latest songs.

Reworking newer style tracks into some of your previous favourite styles brings a nice freshness and upgrade to your styles and takes advantage of the keyboard's newest voices and DSPs. I constantly rework styles and work on tweaking drum kits in the ongoing creative process.

On my Tyros 4, the Real Drums Kit were really nice and was carried over to the Tyros 5 with a new Real Brushes kit. Drums were never an issue, but limited editing on the Tyros 5 itself. The Tyros 4 had a generous 20 expansion slots dedicated for custom drum kits and easily transferred to my Tyros 5 with a new YEM system and User/expansion folder for several more expansion drum kits, limited only by the size of the flash memory installed.

Every day I'm on my Tyros doing something, but never bored.

Marcus

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online