SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#405123 - 07/18/15 11:27 AM Re: Just ordered a Bose L1 Compact [Re: PraiseTheLord]
PraiseTheLord Offline

Loc: N Fort Myers, FL, USA
Hi Gary, it is a mono to mono adapter, see the page http://comingsoon.radioshack.com/radioshackgold-series-mono-to-mono-y-adapter/2740892.html

I was using a dual ts to trs adapter and that's the one that caused the problem with the mic not coming through.

DonM recommended using the RCA connection, but I have been struggling with that (see earlier posts). Having discussed the issue with Bose and Sweetwater technical support a new Bose arrived this morning, but exactly the same problem, so I'll be calling Bose again on Monday.

#405128 - 07/18/15 12:33 PM Re: Just ordered a Bose L1 Compact [Re: PraiseTheLord]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
That's what I recommended from the start, but he had trouble making it work for some reason. Probably wrong cable.

#405129 - 07/18/15 12:34 PM Re: Just ordered a Bose L1 Compact [Re: PraiseTheLord]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Graham, the problem is not with the Bose - it's the adapter. Whether it's TRS or TS, it's still a parallel headset adapter and not intended to do what you want it to do.

Radio Shack has 1/4-inch to RCA cables, or you can also use a split 1/4-inch mono to 1/8-inch stereo and plug into the 1/8-inch input.

http://www.samash.com/hosa-cmp150-series...1g82xoCfPnw_wcB

I believe Radio Shack has this cable as well.

Good luck,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#405130 - 07/18/15 12:35 PM Re: Just ordered a Bose L1 Compact [Re: PraiseTheLord]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Radio Shack has pretty much closed all stores around here. Too bad.

#405132 - 07/18/15 01:40 PM Re: Just ordered a Bose L1 Compact [Re: PraiseTheLord]
travlin'easy Offline

Only one left in business here, Don. I believe their big mistake was investing a lot of time and money into the cellular telephone biz and trying to compete with the big boys. They shoulda stuck with what worked best for them - component electronic parts. We have a ma/pa electronic store here that has been around since I was a kid. Baynesville Electronics They have just about everything anyone who dabbles in electronics would ever want or need. It's an incredible store just to browse through.

Gary cool

#405158 - 07/19/15 02:32 AM Re: Just ordered a Bose L1 Compact [Re: PraiseTheLord]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Tandy (The name of Radio Shack in the UK) disappeared years ago, and the number of component shops have either gone, or diversified into more general electronics, (Maplin & RS for example are doing great because they diversified) due to the fact that people these days want an OOTB experience (Hence arranger keyboards are popular) rather than having to do things themselves. (If the youngsters can’t get an app that does what they want, than they just don’t bother. (The thought of doing something themselves is completely alien)

How times have changed

Bill

#405173 - 07/19/15 05:55 AM Re: Just ordered a Bose L1 Compact [Re: PraiseTheLord]
Dnj Offline

You can any of these electronic items online and more choices also.....no wonder they went under.....
same here all gone.

#405177 - 07/19/15 06:51 AM Re: Just ordered a Bose L1 Compact [Re: PraiseTheLord]
PraiseTheLord Offline

Here's the latest:

1/4 inch input into Bose
* One unbalanced TS Mono cable out of the Korg Pa900 sounds great!
* Two unbalanced TS Mono cables connected to a Y adapter with a balanced TRS Stereo plug into the Bose loses the mic input into the Korg.
* Two unbalanced TS Mono cables connected to a Y adapter with an unbalanced TS Mono plug into the Bose (either the adapter or 6" cable version) sounds great. Jury is out on whether the sound is better than just one cable.

RCA Connectors
* I have tried 3 different pairs of cables (pair of unbalanced cables with RCA adapter at the end, and 2 different makes of unbalanced TS to RCA cables). In ALL cases I get a hum as I turn the volume on the Bose to 9 o'clock on (regardless of the volume level on the Korg, in fact even if the Korg is turned off).
* I have only the Korg and the Bose connected to the surge protector.
* The same thing happens if I connect my Kurzweil SP4 to the Bose.
* If I connect the keyboard to a Roland BA330 RCA connection there is no hum.
* If I connect my iPhone to the Bose there is no hum.
* Having talked to Bose and Sweetwater technical support they sent another unit out, which arrived yesterday. Same problem as the first unit.

1/8 Input into the Bose
* Have never tried that, but have ordered the cable Gary recommended.
* I have some other cables and adapters that will get me into that, so I'll try that later if I get time.

Bottom line, I am still happy with the Bose, but am just trying to get the best out of it. It seems like the RCA connection is designed for iPhone, but I'm going to call Bose again on Monday.

#405249 - 07/20/15 08:22 PM Re: Just ordered a Bose L1 Compact [Re: PraiseTheLord]
PraiseTheLord Offline

So the new cable into the 1/8 inch input has a similar hum problem.

Bose technical support recommend using only the 1/4 inch input from the keyboard. He checked that the circuit diagram for the Pa900 showed it would be a full mono signal. He was baffled when I told him that a friend was using exactly the same keyboard and getting a different result into the RCA connectors.

#405252 - 07/20/15 10:07 PM Re: Just ordered a Bose L1 Compact [Re: PraiseTheLord]
travlin'easy Offline

Graham, you may have to isolate the keyboard in order to get rid of the human.

Gary

Page 4 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online