SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#406250 - 08/03/15 01:31 PM Re: Getting bored with the Audya... [Re: Henni]
danielbordeiu Offline

Loc: Romania
Thanks for openin' up, Heni!

It takes real balls to write down what you just did! I admire your honesty and I hope you'll enjoy more playing on the Yamaha keys... Great brand, btw... Nothing like Ketron, though, when it comes to arrangers...

Have a great life!

#406269 - 08/03/15 07:29 PM Re: Getting bored with the Audya... [Re: Henni]
Mikem Offline

Loc: Quebec, Canada
Originally Posted By: Henni
Here's what it is,

I've finally figured it out after spending some more time on the Audya. The Audya is for real musicians who can play for real with their right hand. All the voices are there, but you the player must use them. In return you get the most realistic backing ever.

The Yamaha is good for me because I'm more of a programmer than a real time musician. I can push buttons, play chords, use intros & endings for better effects. I can utilise all the "Wow" of an arranger, but I cannot play in real time. Hence the Yamaha is better suited for me. By merely pushing the right buttons, I can create spectacular stuff, but really it is the arranger doing it and not me.

I say again, the Audya does EVERYTHING exceptionally well that Fran describes. He would fall in love with it quickly. DonM plays guitar & other instruments on an keybed like the real thing. So he'll get the best out of the stunning voices of the Audya & the styles won't over power his playing.

So, the Audya is good for real musicians, the Yamaha also. But it has enough wow things which can be had by the simple push of a button so that someone like me can also create some stunning stuff with it.

You start off with most Yamaha intros & viola, the WOW! is there before you've even started the song. Good for me, but bad for a real musician who wants to play the intro himself as it sounds in the original song.

We do Gospel, so any intro goes as we do not imitate any specific music. I press intro in the middle of a song and WOW! again. a True musician would NEVER do that. Ketron specifically created intros in such a way that is does not effect the song to be played. Good for a real musician, but bad for me...

So, an Audya in the hands of a true musician sounds truly amazing, even spectacular. But the Yamaha in my hands, also sounds spectacular, but it's mostly the arranger doing the "wow" & not me. Hence I like busy styles as I cannot contribute anything else to it apart from the right chords.

Henni

Henni, You've done a very good job explaining this. I feel exactly the same way. That's why I think the Yamahas would be best suited for me, too.

#406278 - 08/04/15 01:13 AM Re: Getting bored with the Audya... [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
Now,

If only we could get the SD7 styles playing on the Audya... And I see no reason why they should not apart from the different format used for whatever reason.

Henni

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online