#40340 - 01/29/02 09:35 PM Re: Musical arrangements on the KN 6500
Ted Rose Offline

Loc: United States
Great suggestions, Dave. Thanks a lot!

Ted

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave Shively:
Hi Ted,
Like Bill said, there are no dumb questions here. The ones that are not asked are the dumb ones. I have a KN 6000 upgraded to 6500. If I understand you correctly, you want to know which instruments go with each other? If that is the case, try this set-up for strings. R-1-sympthony strings, R-2-octave strings, L-symp stgs. Go to Programs, Sounds, Part Settings. On R-1-up 1 octave, R-2-down 1 octave, L-0. Part 1-symp stgs.,Part-2-Bright Strings (EWO1 sound card),Part-3-dreamy strings, Part4-same as R-1, symp. strings. I pan all parts to center.
Go to multi and dsp and scroll down to exciter an set on exciter 2 (the exciter setting also works well with voices, choir,etc - give a breathy tone), go to Techni-cord and set on Big Band Reeds and with Techni-cord set on Part 4 instead of Conductor. Volume on part 4 - 105-110, all others 100. R-l,R-2and L adjust volumes to your likeing. Hope this is what you had in mind, if so then we can get onto other instruments and maybe set-ups that others on the forum use. Have Fun.
Best Regards,
Dave Shively
E-mail: nanshiv@aol.com

#40341 - 02/07/02 12:57 PM Re: Musical arrangements on the KN 6500
Chuck Piper Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Hi Ted and Frank (and others interested in this topic)

Ted, thank you for initiating this topic because I am a beginning keyboard player at 72 years of age and like you, I need help setting up voices/rhythms for individual songs.

Frank, please do share your orchestration (arranger) know-how with us. All of us would appreciate having the benefit of your expertise.

To those who have replied to Ted's plea and shared arrangements I say "thank you". You can rest assured I will use them and learn from them.

I will monitor this topic regularly looking for new arrangement suggestions. I am hoping that one day I will be able to contribute something meaningful to this topic.

Warm Regards to All, Chuck Piper

#40342 - 02/08/02 11:06 AM Re: Musical arrangements on the KN 6500
Chuck Piper Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
This is for Dave, Tony, and Bill. I'm a very happy camper right now. Had to break away from the keyboard to write this but I wanted to tell you that I tried your string setup, Dave, and your Shearing sound, Tony, and they sound great as far as I am concerned. I learned a great deal about part setting, multi, and DSP from your instructions, Dave. Bill, your suggested approach for selecting rhythms/voices when arranging a song makes a lot of sense and I will adopt it as my way forward from now on. Gonna run now. Gotta get back to the keyboard and play some tunes using the new sound setups (and experiment with some of my own!)My thanks to all three of you.

Warm Regards, Chuck Piper

#40343 - 02/08/02 01:46 PM Re: Musical arrangements on the KN 6500
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Hi Chuck, Pleased to help - that's the name of the game on the forum. I too hope to get back to my KN6000 this weekend after 'Forced abstinence' due to work - Roll on June!

Have Fun. . .

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#40344 - 02/08/02 09:21 PM Re: Musical arrangements on the KN 6500
Ted Rose Offline

Loc: United States
Hello all of you who took the time to reply to my query! Your suggestions have been fabulous and I most appreciate all the great instrumental setups, etc. I have been having the time of my life playing, composing and otherwise becoming more and more proficient at the keyboard. Again, thanks to you all! This Forum is truly great!!!

Best wishes and happy playing to all.

Ted Rose

#40345 - 02/09/02 02:44 AM Re: Musical arrangements on the KN 6500
kozykeys Offline

Loc: york england
I find the best way is to learn to play the song really well, if you have a piano score it is good to play the piano accomp pattern into the composer (remembering to transpose into Cmajor if it is in another key)
From then on the skies the limit.
good luck

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online