SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#403215 - 06/07/15 04:58 PM HP i5, 6GB 75oGBHD
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
Got it cleaned up easy thanks to Eddie Shoemaker. Got all my Antivirus, Malwarebytes so on and so forth and all of that worked great, Audio Beats much better sound then my Gateway. A little faster than my Gateway but not like you'd hear people say about the speed. Took quite a while to load up like all laptops I've ever owned.

Spent all day when I got it doing the fixes. Contended with it for most of 4 days, then restored to factory settings and returned it to Best Buy.

I can't believe that the touch pad has taken a dozen steps backwards. For the most part you have to tap your finger in the middle of the pad to get it to work or you could keep a hammer close buy and hit it on the edges to make it respond. Touch pad is "ASININE" I couldn't stand it.

While returning the unit I went and checked out other laptops in the store. They all possess touch pads that suck. The one that was closest to the laptops that I've owned, about 4 over the years, and worked fairly close to my Gateway, was a Dell.

All the new laptops have nightmare reviews. Screens going off in 60 days or less, laptop quit working in 3 weeks after the 14 day return policy only to be told by Best Buy they should have bought Best Buy's $299 dollar Geek Squad insurance. Getting laptops that wouldn't work right out of the box.

So I am going to just keep my Gateway 4GB 500Gb with the hair trigger space bar. I can't look at it while I'm typing cause it will add spaces. Have you ever heard of that problem?

I'm an old "FART" just like DonM and Gary. I think my patience is wearing thin putting up with the "New World Order" of bull-chips
that they are pulling on the public. I think that they think that we are all just a bunch of idiots and can sell us anything. I really do.

#403216 - 06/07/15 06:34 PM Re: HP i5, 6GB 75oGBHD [Re: brickboo]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Boo, take some canned air and blow it beneath the space bar - just might solve your problem.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#403217 - 06/07/15 09:24 PM Re: HP i5, 6GB 75oGBHD [Re: brickboo]
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
Gary tried it but the can of air is old. Need to try a new can. I think if I just dropped a hair on it, it would make a space.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online