SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#403027 - 06/01/15 12:29 PM I ordered one of these!
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Yamaha AG 06 mixer
http://usa.yamaha.com/products/music-production/interfaces/ag/ag06/

Here's the owners manual: http://download.yamaha.com/api/asset/file/?language=en&site=usa.yamaha.com&asset_id=64314

It's only 6" x 8", 2.5 pounds, needs only USB power, has effects, compression and various output/input modes. Comes with free rebate offer for Ipad camera interface and Cubase software if you need that stuff.
Smaller is BETTER! smile Should be perfect for a one-man-band situation.
I paid $189. shipped. If it works out I will probably sell my beloved Edirol mixer. That will knock me down to only 3 or 4. frown

#403028 - 06/01/15 01:15 PM Re: I ordered one of these! [Re: DonM]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Does Susan know about this? wink

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#403029 - 06/01/15 01:18 PM Re: I ordered one of these! [Re: DonM]
DonM Offline

Not unless she reads this. smile

#403032 - 06/01/15 01:54 PM Re: I ordered one of these! [Re: DonM]
Dnj Offline

#403034 - 06/01/15 02:13 PM Re: I ordered one of these! [Re: DonM]
DonM Offline

The Sweetwater video on DNJ's post is really good. They don't have them in stock though, but should in a day or so.

#403130 - 06/04/15 02:37 PM Re: I ordered one of these! [Re: DonM]
DonM Offline

It arrived yesterday. I plugged it into a USB charger, turned it on and tried it with headphones and a mic at the house. Looks great and the preset reverb sounds really good too. I tried it with a condenser mic too. I will take it to the job tonight and give it the real audition.
In order to change the effects, compressor, or e.q. settings, you have to use a program, which you download for free, from the computer. This is to save space I suppose. Seems simple enough to do, but that doesn't affect me because I use all that stuff from the keyboard anyway.
It SEEMS ideal for my need. Stay tuned!

#403132 - 06/04/15 02:43 PM Re: I ordered one of these! [Re: DonM]
Dnj Offline

Good luck with it Don...report back.

#403154 - 06/05/15 07:54 AM Re: I ordered one of these! [Re: DonM]
DonM Offline

I was very pleased with how easy it was to set up and use the new mixer. I find it is very well suited for what I need at this time, and I have incorporated it into my setup, replacing the Edirol mixer.
If you want realtime e.q. and effects control, it isn't for you. If you want to change those setups you must use a PC program (free). The default reverb is very good and even the level is preset. Again, if you want to change it, you must do it via USB.
I had a guest singer (DickieT) so a few songs and I plugged a mic (Samson Q7) into channel two and it sounded very good with the preset effects.
The mixer is about 6" x 8" and, together with not needing a power supply other than USB, the footprint is extremely small.
Input and output options are plentiful and varied. I like it.
Just for your information, I got mine from Musician's Buy because they sent me an email touting it. I checked around and most online stores don't have it yet or are sold out.
It comes with an offer to get a free Ipad camera adapter and free software.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online