SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#402769 - 05/26/15 05:38 AM Re: Top knotch 3rd party T5 drums [Re: Bachus]
rosetree
Unregistered

Given the maximum flash storage of 1 GB (original Yamaha) or 2 GB (Mutec) you can use with the Tyros, I think they should offer piano and drum packages of maybe 200 MB, which would still be much better than the factory sounds and enable you to install several of them instead of only drums or only piano.

#402770 - 05/26/15 05:45 AM Re: Top knotch 3rd party T5 drums [Re: Bachus]
Dnj Offline

What is so wrong with the original stock T5 Pianos that you would need to purchase 3rd party versions? Also can't you tweak the Piano sounds to your liking with editing?
It's hard to imagine such an expensive arranger KB falls short in the piano department, and you have to shell out more money to achieve what you desire Drums included.. especially if your only playing in your living room. confused1

Edited by Dnj (05/26/15 06:00 AM)

#402771 - 05/26/15 05:53 AM Re: Top knotch 3rd party T5 drums [Re: Dnj]
rosetree
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Dnj
What is so wrong with the original stock T5 Pianos that you would need to purchase 3rd party versions? Also can't you tweak the Piano sounds to your liking with editing?
It's hard to imagine such an expensive arranger KB falls short in the piano department, and you have to shell out more money to achieve what you desire Drums included..

It depends on how you want to use the piano sound and how fussy you are about it. If it is supposed to sound very classical, I think it sounds too flat and bright. And you can never tweak a sound in a way that would change the basic characteristics of the sample. You won't be able to tweak the Tyros piano into the Kronos German Grand or Japanese Grand.

#402772 - 05/26/15 06:03 AM Re: Top knotch 3rd party T5 drums [Re: ]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: rosetree
Originally Posted By: Dnj
It's hard to imagine such an expensive arranger KB falls short in the piano department, and you have to shell out more money to achieve what you desire Drums included..

It depends on how you want to use the piano sound and how fussy you are about it. If it is supposed to sound very classical, I think it sounds too flat and bright. And you can never tweak a sound in a way that would change the basic characteristics of the sample. You won't be able to tweak the Tyros piano into the Kronos German Grand or Japanese Grand.

That said in a MIX using a style you couldn't appreciate the nuances of the Piano sample anyway.....and that said again why not just buy if a player is so into Piano just buy a TOTL Piano digital or acoustic?

#402775 - 05/26/15 06:26 AM Re: Top knotch 3rd party T5 drums [Re: Bachus]
rosetree
Unregistered

So actually you answered your question yourself: the mainstream arranger player doesn't need these nuances, as the piano sounds good enough in the style mix, but those who want to focus more on piano have the option to buy a flash board and 3rd party piano sounds for extra money. This explains why even the expensive Tyros doesn't have every high-grade sample on board from factory.

#402779 - 05/26/15 07:32 AM Re: Top knotch 3rd party T5 drums [Re: Bachus]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
I was never happy with any of the SA Pianos...I still use tweaked and un-tweaked versions of Live!GrandPiano and they work excellently for arranger-type playing, and also for a bit of solo work as well.

I find rolling off a bit of the Live!GrandPiano Filter Brightness (-12) gives a nice smooth Steinway-esque piano that works very well for jazz ballads, without losing too much harmonic content.

The SA Pianos all seem to be very weak in the middle range, which is usually where you tend to do a lot of playing when in Arranger/style mode. Not one of Yamaha's best moves.

Ian

#402782 - 05/26/15 08:59 AM Re: Top knotch 3rd party T5 drums [Re: Bachus]
fozzie Online   content

Thank´s for the info

#402783 - 05/26/15 09:02 AM Re: Top knotch 3rd party T5 drums [Re: ]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: rosetree
Given the maximum flash storage of 1 GB (original Yamaha) or 2 GB (Mutec) you can use with the Tyros, I think they should offer piano and drum packages of maybe 200 MB, which would still be much better than the factory sounds and enable you to install several of them instead of only drums or only piano.

there is 54 drumsets in the pack, if you just replace the 10 most used sets, then you have a 200 Mb drumpack... which i guess works for 90% of all styles..

On top of that, i agree with you, the Kurzweil and the Nord stage also have convincing piano sounds with less then 200Mb total samplesize, the fabulous Nord italian grand (faziolli comes in 4 sizes, 182Mb being the latest.. however, it does support damper ressonance and string ressonance... which is not yet in the Tyros. (could be however as Yamaha mastered this technollogy in other instruments)

Maybe for piano players, they should create a stage piano version of the Tyros 5 with all the CP4 piano sounds as extra...

OR even better, throw a Motif in the mix too... Arps and Karma on top of your Tyros styles.. But then who would buy such an instrument? (maybe if it was only like $1000 above the T5, that would wake up some synth and piano fans?

Donny also has a point, how many tyros 5 players use their instruments for solo piano music?

http://keyszone.boards.net

#402787 - 05/26/15 09:43 AM Re: Top knotch 3rd party T5 drums [Re: Bachus]
mirza Offline

Loc: london,ontario.canada
Has anyone bought the drums yet and tried them??

TYROS 5,BEHRINGER X32PRODUCER,YAMAHA DSR112,JBL PRX618s XLF,EV ZLX12p,SENNHEISER E945,....ETC

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online