SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#402946 - 05/29/15 04:52 AM Re: Finally got to play Micro Arranger today [Re: DonM]
mirza Offline

Loc: london,ontario.canada
Mark, have a little faith in people.

TYROS 5,BEHRINGER X32PRODUCER,YAMAHA DSR112,JBL PRX618s XLF,EV ZLX12p,SENNHEISER E945,....ETC

#402947 - 05/29/15 05:22 AM Re: Finally got to play Micro Arranger today [Re: mirza]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: mirza

Thank you Mizra....

FYI I am so disgusted with this whole thread & have
I have removed my 2 KMA demo links.

#402949 - 05/29/15 05:53 AM Re: Finally got to play Micro Arranger today [Re: DonM]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Mark, 70 miles is around the corner in this part of the world. I've had the privilege to see Donny perform on several occasions - it's worth the trip. For me, it was a 3 hour drive, and I learned a lot from him on each visit.

As for contributing to the Gary Diamond Retirement Fund, you know who to make the check payable to. wink

All the best,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#402954 - 05/29/15 06:31 AM Re: Finally got to play Micro Arranger today [Re: mirza]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Originally Posted By: mirza

+1

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#402956 - 05/29/15 06:59 AM Re: Finally got to play Micro Arranger today [Re: Dnj]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: Dnj

FYI I am so disgusted with this whole thread & have
I have removed my 2 KMA demo links.

It's too bad you felt you had to remove these demos, Donny, as they really showcased the instrument's capabilities.

Fortunately, I believe I still have them stored somewhere on my HD from the first time you posted them...back when the KMA was new.

It's too bad you hadn't done a video demo back then (you yourself are always hoping for videos)...that would have been cool to watch you do those intricate accordion parts.

Ian

#402970 - 05/29/15 08:10 PM Re: Finally got to play Micro Arranger today [Re: DonM]
Riceroni9 Offline

Loc: TX, USA
To reply to Don's initial post... the Korg Micro Arranger. Loved the idea of a small keyboard and the "voices" (as Yamaha calls their instrument emulators) were top notch on the used board I bought here at the "zone." I had a problem with the operating system as far a s learning to deal with it and make serious recordings. If money were no object, I would have kept the KMA but ended up trading it in on a Yamaha PSR-S910 and have no regrets. I thought the manual left a great deal to be desired and the transition time and learning curve would have required more time than I was willing to invest. Thanks for sharing your experience with it.

All the best,

Dave Rice

#402976 - 05/30/15 10:06 AM Re: Finally got to play Micro Arranger today [Re: Riceroni9]
The Pro Offline

Loc: Atlanta, Georgia
After a very long consideration I have decided to buy a Korg Microarranger to function as a controller for my iPad. I will mount the iPad in an Alesis IODock II and ultimately create a small workstation for composing using the KMA, IO Dock, and IPad 3 running Gadget among other things. This three-piece arranger workstation will be very portable and may even be used on stage.

It turns out that many features of the KMA make it unique and ideal as the foundation of my compact writer's keystation - the fact that it is an arranger adds to the mix of capabilities and making writing and interchanging sound between the KMA and programs on the iPad easy, the line input will allow me to mix audio from the iPad and KMA together and monitor the combined sounds using the internal speakers of the KMA or headphones, and even the music stand can be slightly modified to hold the iPad and dock. I also have a large library of self-made GM files that will play on the KMA. I will create custom cables for the MIDI and audio and possibly the two power connections to the KMA and the IODock. I am most interested in making the assembly function as one unit.

So I have everything I need except the KMA which I am shopping for now. Once this workstation is assembled I will post pix or youtube videos for your entertainment.

#402978 - 05/30/15 10:57 AM Re: Finally got to play Micro Arranger today [Re: DonM]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Glad to hear from you Jim! You must have turned into a LURKER. smile Hope you are doing well.

#402980 - 05/30/15 11:11 AM Re: Finally got to play Micro Arranger today [Re: The Pro]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: The Pro
After a very long consideration I have decided to buy a Korg Microarranger to function as a controller for my iPad. I will mount the iPad in an Alesis IODock II and ultimately create a small workstation for composing using the KMA, IO Dock, and IPad 3 running Gadget among other things. This three-piece arranger workstation will be very portable and may even be used on stage.

It turns out that many features of the KMA make it unique and ideal as the foundation of my compact writer's keystation - the fact that it is an arranger adds to the mix of capabilities and making writing and interchanging sound between the KMA and programs on the iPad easy, the line input will allow me to mix audio from the iPad and KMA together and monitor the combined sounds using the internal speakers of the KMA or headphones, and even the music stand can be slightly modified to hold the iPad and dock. I also have a large library of self-made GM files that will play on the KMA. I will create custom cables for the MIDI and audio and possibly the two power connections to the KMA and the IODock. I am most interested in making the assembly function as one unit.

So I have everything I need except the KMA which I am shopping for now. Once this workstation is assembled I will post pix or youtube videos for your entertainment.

Esh welcome back........sounds like a kool setup your talking about with the iPadKMA can't wait to see it.

#402983 - 05/30/15 11:32 AM Re: Finally got to play Micro Arranger today [Re: DonM]
The Pro Offline

Loc: Atlanta, Georgia
Hi Don. Yes I am a lurker, at least until I have something to contribute. I am well and busy, both as a computer tech and as a performer in the Atlanta area. I dont have much to contribute to the forum but the Korg Microarranger has caught my attention so Ithought I would share my interests in it. Also I thought maybe someone here might like to part with theirs so here I am!

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online