SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#402287 - 05/11/15 06:40 AM Ketron Organ!
Tonewheeldude Offline

This is my fathers Audya Duo smile

He has the cabinets custom built, the Audya simply lifts out of the cabinet. great idea if you enjoy playing a two manual organ with pedals. He runs it through a set of Studio Reference Speakers (which is the right choice for all late mode Ketron Instruments).

He has made a song library too which is specifically for organ players and set up suitable lower manual and bass pedal voices (along with Upper and style of course).

Attachments
audya_duo.jpg

Description: Audya Duo

#402302 - 05/11/15 10:40 AM Re: Ketron Organ! [Re: Tonewheeldude]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
It looks like it follows on from Ian Griffins Ketron organ that he designed, not forgetting the Orla add on that was briefly available for the Tyros range.

It will be interesting to see how sales go compared to the TRX system for Yamaha keyboards, and the Ultimax system for Korg keyboards, which although not as neat, are very popular with those who are fed up with having to play along to a style. (Style play seems to be slowly going out of fashion in Europe)

There are also rumours of a new Ringway organ sometime this year, with more advanced features, which may also provide competition. (The Ringway 600 seems to be selling as fast as they can make them)

Are you exhibiting at the September Hemsby Festival? As I was unable to attend the one in April, or this weeks Blackpool one.

Bill

#402310 - 05/11/15 02:32 PM Re: Ketron Organ! [Re: Tonewheeldude]
Tonewheeldude Offline

Ians instrument was sensational! But as it was a Hammond X77 cabinet it weighed more then my car smile I know Ian would like to use something more elegant looking than two tier keyboards but its not realy practical when you have as many gigs as he does.

My father is at Blackpool now, most likely will be at the September one, although I am not convinced organ/keyboard reunions...i mean festivals...are relevant any more.

#402323 - 05/11/15 11:53 PM Re: Ketron Organ! [Re: Tonewheeldude]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
The main advantages of festivals are:

1. The ability to hear top line artists from all over the world in one place, with most also doing tutorial sessions. You can also talk to them face to face to gain even further info. (You cant get that anywhere else)

2. The ability to compare different manufactures products all in one place, with experts on hand to answer any questions, do demos and not forgetting the teach-ins that show you how to get the best out of the instruments.

3. Teaching classes, which show you the theory of music, as well as tips & tricks as to how the professionals get their sounds. (Most genres of music are covered)

4. The ability to meet up with friends who will be from all parts of the UK and abroad.

5. The late night bars, where the artists can just play and enjoy themselves, as well as entertaining the attendees. (Anything can happen at these events including group jamming by the artists, and for me is the best part of the festival)

A lot of the new products are also first shown at these festivals.

In addition the number of festivals has increased over the last 5 years (Mainly weekend events) to meet demand both here and abroad.

Most of the other festivals (In the UK at least), such the many Jazz, classical, modern etc. only allow you to listen to the artists and meet up with friends.

Bill

#402466 - 05/15/15 10:35 AM Re: Ketron Organ! [Re: Tonewheeldude]
Ketron User Offline

#402468 - 05/15/15 12:44 PM Re: Ketron Organ! [Re: Tonewheeldude]
Tonewheeldude Offline

Lower manual looks great. What did you use?

#402479 - 05/15/15 11:21 PM Re: Ketron Organ! [Re: Ketron User]
Snoopy Offline

Loc: Northern Germany
Hi Carlo,

den WERSI-Fan kannst Du aber nicht verheimlichen wink

LG aus Ostfriesland

#402566 - 05/18/15 10:47 PM Re: Ketron Organ! [Re: Tonewheeldude]
Taike Offline

Loc: Xingyi, Guizhou (China)
How do you set this up? I own the Audya 76 Ajamsonic but am an organ player at heart. Mind sharing the specifications, Tonewheeldude or Carlo?

Regards

Taike

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online