Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: PraiseTheLord
Here's my video of loading the Rock n Roller

http://www.synthzone.com/forum/ubbthread...etup#Post378852

bad link???

#402549 - 05/18/15 01:09 PM Re: Carrying your gear [Re: Stein67]
rosetree
Unregistered

Unfortunately, as I play many short 'gigs' on church weddings, there are quite a number of historic churches with cobblestone pavement around. It's awful to use a trolley suitcase or a cart then. Also bad for wheelchair users... Sometimes there are stairs, too. I guess there are more obstacles like that in Europe compared to North America due to the number of historic buildings.

Edited by rosetree (05/18/15 01:09 PM)

#402558 - 05/18/15 03:40 PM Re: Carrying your gear [Re: Stein67]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Fortunately, the Rock And Roller carts have balloon tires on the front while help on rough surfaces. There is also a stairway/curb skid feature, which can make life a bit easier when a few stairs or curb blocks the way. Nothing's perfect, but the R&R cart is about as close as it gets for OMB entertainers.

Cheers,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#402646 - 05/21/15 07:14 PM Re: Carrying your gear [Re: travlin'easy]
PraiseTheLord Offline

Loc: N Fort Myers, FL, USA
Link worked perfectly for me, DNJ!

#403494 - 06/16/15 06:57 AM Re: Carrying your gear [Re: Dnj]
jimlaing Offline

Loc: Raleigh, NC
It has been fun to see photos and videos of how others carry their gear. At a recent gig, I remembered to take a couple of photos of my stuff in transit.

So, here are a couple of photos of my Rock'n'Roller loaded up [img][/img] . On it are my Pack-a-Seat (seat that has storage inside), my Nano 600 bass unit, and blue gig bag. On top of those, Fusion case with Tyros5. On top of that, "stand case" holding the stands and "top speakers" for the Nano 600. The only thing not on here is my USS "A-frame" type stand. I carry the stand in my left hand, and pull the cart with my right - I can do most load-ins with a single trip (unless there are stairs etc.)

-Jim

Attachments
Rock'n'Roller 2.JPG

Rock'n'Roller 3.JPG

Edited by jimlaing (06/16/15 07:01 AM)

#403499 - 06/16/15 07:56 AM Re: Carrying your gear [Re: jimlaing]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: jimlaing
It has been fun to see photos and videos of how others carry their gear. At a recent gig, I remembered to take a couple of photos of my stuff in transit.

So, here are a couple of photos of my Rock'n'Roller loaded up [img][/img] . On it are my Pack-a-Seat (seat that has storage inside), my Nano 600 bass unit, and blue gig bag. On top of those, Fusion case with Tyros5. On top of that, "stand case" holding the stands and "top speakers" for the Nano 600. The only thing not on here is my USS "A-frame" type stand. I carry the stand in my left hand, and pull the cart with my right - I can do most load-ins with a single trip (unless there are stairs etc.)

-Jim

Jim more pics of the storage seat?...sounds interesting? thanx
R&R is the only way to gig on the go... cool2

#403514 - 06/16/15 12:25 PM Re: Carrying your gear [Re: Dnj]
jimlaing Offline

Loc: Raleigh, NC
Re: my Pac-a-Seat (seat that has storage in it) ... I bought it almost 20 years ago. Found about about this type of seat from a pedal-steel guitar player. Apparaently, this style of seat is popular among "Steelers".

Search for Pac-a-seat, Steeler's Choice, Sho-Bud, etc. and you'll find some. Here is one site. They have changed a lot since mine was made ...

http://www.steelerschoice.com/services.html

Jim

#403518 - 06/16/15 12:43 PM Re: Carrying your gear [Re: jimlaing]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: jimlaing
Re: my Pac-a-Seat (seat that has storage in it) ... I bought it almost 20 years ago. Found about about this type of seat from a pedal-steel guitar player. Apparaently, this style of seat is popular among "Steelers".

Search for Pac-a-seat, Steeler's Choice, Sho-Bud, etc. and you'll find some. Here is one site. They have changed a lot since mine was made ...

http://www.steelerschoice.com/services.html

Jim

These seats are the koolest things I've seen in a while for a gigging musician, lots of flexibility, .. I have two concern & that is do they make ones with adjustable legs for different heights & with the added seat & backrest what does it weight loaded with wires, mics, mixers etc,? confused1

#403522 - 06/16/15 01:09 PM Re: Carrying your gear [Re: Stein67]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I would have those same questions DNJ, although it is a neat concept for certain situations.
I have used a drafting stool for many years. Totally adjustable in height, and it has rollers so I often use it for a dolly. I seldom take the Rock n' Roller unless I have a long way to transport things. It takes more time to take the dolly and gear out of the van, load it up, wheel it inside, etc., then find a place to park it while I work than it does to make a couple of trips. I need the exercise anyway, and none of my gear weighs more than 25 pounds.
Of course at the place where I work most of the time, I just pull up and there are several guys rushing to see who gets to carry my stuff in. A $5.00 bill still goes a long way!
If that seat had rollers and was adjustable in height, I would be interested because I would just leave it there, even when I'm not going to be there for a night or two. I could stash stuff in it that I only use there, such as small lights.
It's really expensive though!

#403534 - 06/16/15 05:31 PM Re: Carrying your gear [Re: Stein67]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
The thing I like about my Quic Lock 749 seat is that is is full adjustable, it has a backrest, footrest and folds up flat for transportation and storage. The only thing that Donny don't like about it is the weight. It's made from welded, heavy gauge steel and tips the scales at just under 18 pounds. However, when Joe Ayala was near his top weight, he sat upon it with no problems. While the weight capacity was just 250 pounds, I modified mine, made the seat larger, added a steel plate, thicker padding and reupholstered it with heavier grade leather, which added another 5 pounds to the overall weight of the seat, but I'm sure it also increased the weight capacity quite a bit.

All the best,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online