SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#402366 - 05/12/15 07:06 PM Re: Eat your heart out, Donny Pesce... [Re: tony mads usa]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: tony mads usa
once one gets to one's desired weight then it should be everything in moderation ...
I'm not sure I would call it "living" if I couldn't have some pasta once in a while ... grin

I make my own pizza which I have at least once a week. I also love pasta and consider it a regular part of my diet. Wouldn't want to do without either of them.

You hit the nail on the head with the word "moderation". That's the key.

Ian

#402367 - 05/12/15 07:33 PM Re: Eat your heart out, Donny Pesce... [Re: travlin'easy]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Hey Don Mason, that sailboat traveled 32 miles and we only burned about a quart of gasoline, mainly getting down the channel and back up the channel. The remainder of the time the boat was zipping right along on wind power alone. I traveled the entire length of the state of Georgia using no fuel at all when I made my trip to the sunny south a few years ago. Covered about 110 miles and never fired up the engine. Yep, you can go faster with a powerboat, but I ride a lot smoother and quieter, and cheaper on that sailboat. wink

The other thing that boating provides is lots of exercise. Yep, even when your just sitting still steering the boat, those waves provide an incredible amount of exercise, but most of the time you are unaware of it. Every time that boat rocks or pitches, regardless of how little, you compensate for that movement, which in turn, flexes lots of muscles. That action continues the entire time you are aboard the boat. Neat form of exercise.

As for the pasta, I can live without it. Yeah, I like pizza as well as the next person, but I can live longer without it.

All the best,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#402369 - 05/13/15 12:33 AM Re: Eat your heart out, Donny Pesce... [Re: travlin'easy]
ianmcnll Offline

Gary, glad to hear you are getting some exercise, especially considering your health issues...and, you are right, it's best you stayed away from the pasta and pizza.

So, while Donny is eating his heart out, and you are flexing your muscles hitting the next wave, Tony and I will be having our pasta and pausing for a moment...but only for a moment......out of respect for both your losses.

As they say here on Cape Breton Island..."Slàinte mhòr agad!"( "Great health to you!") and, especially for you Gary, "Long may your big jib draw!"

Ian

#402373 - 05/13/15 05:00 AM Re: Eat your heart out, Donny Pesce... [Re: ianmcnll]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: ianmcnll
Originally Posted By: tony mads usa
once one gets to one's desired weight then it should be everything in moderation ...
I'm not sure I would call it "living" if I couldn't have some pasta once in a while ... grin

I make my own pizza which I have at least once a week. I also love pasta and consider it a regular part of my diet. Wouldn't want to do without either of them.

You hit the nail on the head with the word "moderation". That's the key.

Ian

http://www.bio-medicine.org/medicine-new...-bad-3F-1755-1/

Meanwhile I'm enjoying breakfast before my gig.....
Zucchini & Pepper Omelet cool2

It's national Nursing Home Week!

Attachments
11209748_10153340105762650_5636840539059770601_n.jpg

Edited by Dnj (05/13/15 05:06 AM)

#402374 - 05/13/15 05:46 AM Re: Eat your heart out, Donny Pesce... [Re: travlin'easy]
ianmcnll Offline

Veggie (or chicken) pizzas with healthy homemade sauce with a touch of Sriracha (for some kick) is fine as long as you eat them in MODERATION...which means moderately sized, not the size of a Buick hubcap!

The occasional pepperoni pizza every once in a while is a nice treat.

Whole wheat and high fiber pita bread/flat bread makes a great crust. I haven't had a pizza shop or frozen pizza in many years, and I don't eat fast food.

My weight has been about the same for the past 15-20 years, and cholesterol is normal...again, eating little and often seems to work best for me.

Ian

#402378 - 05/13/15 06:43 AM Re: Eat your heart out, Donny Pesce... [Re: Dnj]
Jerryghr Offline

Loc: Buffalo, NY
Thank goodness for the internet.

I learned I am eating all the wrong health foods, the combinations of food I am eating is wrong, I am making popcorn the wrong way, the cooking oils, butter, margarine are no good for me. I should not drink fruit juice, or milk. Fish is really not good for you, I'm peeling my banana the wrong way, I'm eating the wrong pizza. I should be drinking apple cider vinegar, eating turmeric, chia seeds (since doing this I am growing green hair on my head). The pots and pans I'm cooking in are causing cancer, eating meat will quadrouple your chances of prostate cancer. I'm excercising the wrong way. Why my gym is unhealthy, I'm getting too much vitamin D, I'm using the wrong sun screen.........................

Gotta go. I just got an e-mail for another diet that will will help me live to 100.

Edited by Jerryghr (05/13/15 06:46 AM)

#402380 - 05/13/15 06:50 AM Re: Eat your heart out, Donny Pesce... [Re: travlin'easy]
ianmcnll Offline

Good one Jerry.

Ian

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online