SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#40230 - 08/04/02 09:51 AM Testing KN7 MP3 files
Alan Grant Offline

Loc: Blyth, Northumberland England
Hello all,
Last few days have been a little boring (waiting to here the new kn7) So I downloaded the Demo MP3 files of the KN7 and then expanded them onto CD along with a couple of mp3 files of my KN6 +ew65card and another MP3 file of someone else’s so that I could play them on my HI FI system. To my ears there is very little difference of whether I am listening to my KN6 live or the HI FI system playing my recordings. But when listening to the KN7 files they sound better and much improved, the new Organ stops e.g.: Church and Wurlitzer sound brilliant, richer, fuller, and more realistic. The drums also sounding richer and fuller as well, Accordion Guitar improved also. Not too much more on the demo files to make comparisons with. If Technics read these forums hope Strings are much improved this time and in the future. My bit gripe aired.
The new KN7 will be upgraded to costing I think in the region of £1300. Will it be worth it? Well I stopped smoking cost £1300 per year. So putting money to better use well lungs are better off not so sure about the ears. PS when I say more realistic I know that it is still a long way to go before targets are reached, wonder what the KN 9000 or KN20,000 will sound like. Well for the price I am paying I’m happy with my Keyboard and the next, and the next. Unless a big Lottery win comes along (real Wurlitzer) I’m happy enough to spend my few pounds on a hobby that gives me a lot of pleasure. PPS craving for cigarettes have gone but not for the next Keyboard. Well you pays your money and makes your choice.
Regards Alan

#40231 - 08/04/02 10:40 AM Re: Testing KN7 MP3 files
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Hi Alan,
I assume you are quoting the outlay after a Trade-In. At the launch last month, we were told that the price of the Kn7000 would be £2100 (£2099.99) In my opinion, it will be well worth it - I certainly have had my 'Money's worth out of all my Technics Keyboards, all the way back to the KN800

------------------
Willum

[This message has been edited by Bill Norrie (edited 08-04-2002).]

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online