SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#402286 - 05/11/15 06:35 AM Re: Tyros 5 what more do U need in an arranger KB? [Re: ianmcnll]
tassiespirit Offline

Loc: Devonport, Tasmania, Australia
It would be nice if the Tyros 5 was $2000 cheaper here in OZ, so it was in direct competition to the Korg PA3x, even though the Korg is older and has been out for a while now. Still a hard pill to swallow then add the extras on top of that ( if you need them).

Allan taz

#402289 - 05/11/15 08:09 AM Re: Tyros 5 what more do U need in an arranger KB? [Re: ianmcnll]
musicforyourday Offline

Loc: So California, USA
I gig with my T4 and T5 5 to 6 times a week I think if yiou are a giging musican then use you best product why leave it at home and use a lower unit just saying

#402290 - 05/11/15 08:13 AM Re: Tyros 5 what more do U need in an arranger KB? [Re: Dnj]
Tyrosman5
Unregistered

Hard to beat Tyros 5-76 or 6l for that matter. What I hope for
in the next Tyros is a simple way to adjust the drum sounds
I sometimes would like the brush sounds to be louder or a cymbal or whatever. Why should that not be an easy thing to do. Lloyd

#402296 - 05/11/15 09:37 AM Re: Tyros 5 what more do U need in an arranger KB? [Re: ]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: Tyrosman5
Hard to beat Tyros 5-76 or 6l for that matter. What I hope for
in the next Tyros is a simple way to adjust the drum sounds
I sometimes would like the brush sounds to be louder or a cymbal or whatever. Why should that not be an easy thing to do. Lloyd

How about adding the true edditing system, thats in the Motif, because essentially it is the same engine as the motif, they just dont give you all the voice edditing functions on the tyros.. ( sa2 voices are different )

http://keyszone.boards.net

#402325 - 05/12/15 04:05 AM Re: Tyros 5 what more do U need in an arranger KB? [Re: Bachus]
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
For about a year we alternated between the Tyros. 4 and S950 at gigs. The Tyros is just at the next level sound wise...just seems to fill the room.

We gigged again last night with the Tyros..many compliments on the sound. We don't miss the S950.

#402342 - 05/12/15 08:45 AM Re: Tyros 5 what more do U need in an arranger KB? [Re: guitpic1]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Considering the difference in price, I would hope there would be a difference in sound, unless the T4 has so many other features ...

#402346 - 05/12/15 09:15 AM Re: Tyros 5 what more do U need in an arranger KB? [Re: tony mads usa]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: tony mads usa
Considering the difference in price, I would hope there would be a difference in sound, unless the T4 has so many other features ...

The tyros 5 has one feature, that makes it the only possible choice among all yamaha arrangers for me.... 76 keys.

The fact that the s950 has no sa2 voices, not the great organ section, not the awseome guitars including effects and amps, not the ensemble voices. Makes it an instrument in a whole different cattegory

#402350 - 05/12/15 09:56 AM Re: Tyros 5 what more do U need in an arranger KB? [Re: Bachus]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Bachus

The tyros 5 has one feature, that makes it the only possible choice among all yamaha arrangers for me.... 76 keys.

The fact that the s950 has no sa2 voices, not the great organ section, not the awseome guitars including effects and amps, not the ensemble voices. Makes it an instrument in a whole different cattegory

I disagree the S950 in capable hands sounds AMAZING on stage!! keys
I have owned Tyros units also & performed with them...it don't matter it's all in the players skill to sound good. Although the T4, T5 are wonderfull Kb'sDon't be fooled with the smoke & mirrors & fluff. cool2

Edited by Dnj (05/12/15 09:57 AM)

#402353 - 05/12/15 11:50 AM Re: Tyros 5 what more do U need in an arranger KB? [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: Dnj
Originally Posted By: Bachus

I disagree the S950 in capable hands sounds AMAZING on stage!! keys
I have owned Tyros units also & performed with them...it don't matter it's all in the players skill to sound good. Although the T4, T5 are wonderfull Kb'sDon't be fooled with the smoke & mirrors & fluff. cool2

Noboddy says the 950 sounds bad, its a great instrument..

However i am virtually certain that a top knotch player can archieve so much more on a T5... But then as long as you are happy with your 950 there is absolutely no reason to burn dollars on something different

Edited by Bachus (05/12/15 11:53 AM)

#402440 - 05/14/15 07:56 PM Re: Tyros 5 what more do U need in an arranger KB? [Re: Dnj]
vangelis Offline

Loc: FLORIDA
Sorry! to throw a wrench in here, but I detect 100 percent Yamaha loyal fans,going from a Tyros 1 to 2 to 3 to 4 to 5 etc; I've had all the brands(KORG,ROLAND,YAMAHA,GEM,KETRON,TECHNICS) of arrangers and for the money and the flexibility that you get the KORG PA3x is still KING for me, for the moment, hmmm I wonder what's around the corner? Now, if only YAMAHA would be more competitively priced to buy, maybe more keyboardist would buy it and not just their fans?

Edited by vangelis (05/14/15 07:56 PM)

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online