SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#401663 - 04/22/15 05:34 AM Re: Keyboards and weight [Re: guitpic1]
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
Sorry Ian,

Not exclusive to Tyros. Standard Audya does the same & the Ajamsonic upgrade the same as your SA2 voices as well.

Just thought I'd put that in context.

Henni

#401664 - 04/22/15 06:24 AM Re: Keyboards and weight [Re: Henni]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: Henni
Sorry Ian,

Not exclusive to Tyros. Standard Audya does the same & the Ajamsonic upgrade the same as your SA2 voices as well.

Just thought I'd put that in context.

Henni

Sorry Henni...of course, I should have been more specific and said "within the Yamaha line".

I haven't even seen an Audya (no one locally carries the product) let alone play one, so I have no idea what they are using.

In any case, Yamaha's SA2 voices are wonderfully expressive, especially with the FSX and aftertouch, which is why the Tyros4 sits proudly on my keyboard stand.

Lately I'm using it (and its terrific Motif related synthesizer voices) for making ethereal soundtracks for religious videos, which is kind of ironic considering I'm an atheist ..but money is money.

The Audya, at a relatively portly 38 lbs (without the case) doesn't fit within my weight constraints, so it wouldn't be a consideration even if it was available.

Ian

#401667 - 04/22/15 07:37 AM Re: Keyboards and weight [Re: ianmcnll]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
You are a lot bigger than I am Ian. Maybe I am carrying too much weight and don't know it. Just kidding old buddy.

#401669 - 04/22/15 08:01 AM Re: Keyboards and weight [Re: guitpic1]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Bernie, Ian works out clearing the snow from around his car for most of the year. You and I would rather pick up coconuts from the lawn, and hot ladies at the tiki bars. wink

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#401670 - 04/22/15 08:10 AM Re: Keyboards and weight [Re: Bernie9]
Jerryghr Offline

Loc: Buffalo, NY
Originally Posted By: Bernie9
You are a lot bigger than I am Ian. Maybe I am carrying too much weight and don't know it. Just kidding old buddy.

This reply got me thinking.

Members are really concerned about the 10 lbs extra for a keyboard. They should also be thinking about the extra work, and strain on their body they are doing carrying around the extra 10, 20, 30, 40+ lbs around their waistline.

Loosing those extra lbs, and staying in shape would make lifting the gear a lot easier, especially with the warm weather coming up.

Stay healthy,

Jerryghr

PS: I have a musician friend 80 yrs young, that stays in shape. If he is at one of my jobs, he comes over and offers to help me pack. He pops those EV SX100 speakers (32 lbs) off the speaker stands with no problem. Then carries them out to the car with one in each hand.

Edited by Jerryghr (04/22/15 08:22 AM)

#401671 - 04/22/15 08:29 AM Re: Keyboards and weight [Re: guitpic1]
travlin'easy Offline

Jerry, I looked in the mirror yesterday morning, and there was a beer bellied old fart staring back at me. This morning, I went back on the South Beach Diet. I figure I have to lose about 30 pounds to get me back down to slim and trim and make my vests fit better.

I'm told by all the doctors I see that I'm really in pretty good shape, but I know better. Yeah, I can still lift the gear, sail the boat and raise those 100-pound sails up the mast, ride a bicycle 5 miles a day, but when my back went out in early March I thought the world as I know it came to an end. Damned that hurts. I went to a surgeon yesterday, he was a quack, I got the Hell out of there as fast as I could. Gonna make an appointment with a real doctor this morning. For you youngsters, that extra 10 pounds seems like nothing, and for the most part, the weight is almost insignificant. For us old farts leading a somewhat sedentary lifestyle, 10 pounds of added keyboard weight is a lot.

All the best,

Gary cool

#401672 - 04/22/15 08:48 AM Re: Keyboards and weight [Re: Jerryghr]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: Jerryghr
Originally Posted By: Bernie9

This reply got me thinking.

Members are really concerned about the 10 lbs extra for a keyboard. They should also be thinking about the extra work, and strain on their body they are doing carrying around the extra 10, 20, 30, 40+ lbs around their waistline.

Loosing those extra lbs, and staying in shape would make lifting the gear a lot easier, especially with the warm weather coming up.

Hah, Bernie, I may be big, and relatively strong, but I'm also extremely lazy.

Jerry, I try to keep my weight under 200 lbs as I am 6'1", and the only way that's possible is to be very careful of what I eat, since I'm too lazy to do much exercise, other than lots of walking.

Having health issues a few years ago, with subsequent surgery also taught me how important it is to keep a balance of work and leisure, and to stay away from any gig work that may be stressful.

Now, because I'm financially okay due to a pension, I can be picky with the type (and amount) of work I do take on, and I avoid any negative situations and people...it helps a lot.

Ian the Indolent

#401673 - 04/22/15 08:49 AM Re: Keyboards and weight [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

Gary good luck on the SBD...in a few months you'll be looking & feeling good again.......
I'm 3 weeks ahead of you started April 1,...before you know it we'll be back down to gigging weight again slim & trim!!

Attachments
dpgary.jpg

#401674 - 04/22/15 08:52 AM Re: Keyboards and weight [Re: guitpic1]
travlin'easy Offline

Wow! I remember that photo. I weighed 175 at that point.

Gary cool

#401675 - 04/22/15 09:23 AM Re: Keyboards and weight [Re: guitpic1]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I was 6'5", 175 in high school. I'm still 6'5".
And the 75 part of the weight is still about right.
I've lost 25 pounds since my surgery, but still a long way to go. Just finished a salad. Yum.
Going fishing now! Don't have to work until Friday and Saturday nights. smile

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online