SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#401248 - 04/09/15 09:19 AM Re: What soft case with wheels for Tyros5 61 ?? [Re: mdorantes]
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
Through the year's I've used the original Yamaha case for the Tyros, then switched to a full blown flight case and within a few months had begun to wreck my back and shoulders lifting it in and out of the car. Then I went back to the Yamaha original style semi-hard case with wheels, which is what I'm using now.

My complaint is that the semi-hard shell cases don't seem to hold up well under heavy use. The zipper tabs break off, the zippers begin to pull away from the stitching, and the corners aren't reinforced adequately for heavy use. (By heavy use I mean something in the range of 435-455 gigs a year.)

I think in the next few months I'll move into one of the hardshell non-flight cases that may be the best of both worlds. I like my case to have wheels, and to have the durability and craftsmanship that some of the lower end cases don't.

Edited by Bill in Dayton (04/09/15 09:20 AM)

#401281 - 04/10/15 11:25 AM Re: What soft case with wheels for Tyros5 61 ?? [Re: mdorantes]
jimlaing Offline

Loc: Raleigh, NC
I have one of the (now hard to find?) Fusion 10 cases. It has wheels, and is 9 lbs. Very light. Not quite as much protection as the SKB case that I used to use, however. I like the lighter weight though. And since I carry my own gear (Rock'n'Roller cart) I (like some others here) have never had trouble with a soft-sided bag, in ~30+ years of gigging ...

I'm waiting for the case that includes built-in hover-board technology, so that the case just floats along at zero gravity :-0

-Jim

#401286 - 04/10/15 04:13 PM Re: What soft case with wheels for Tyros5 61 ?? [Re: mdorantes]
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Hi Manuel

I don't believe there is a better case for our requirements for the Tyros as the one in this thread:

http://www.synthzone.com/forum/ubbthread..._Als#Post330486

You can have it made to the exact size you want. At exacly 20 lbs it weighs the same or less than soft cases such as the Gator case which weighs 26 pounds.

Best

ScottL

Edited by Scott Langholff (04/10/15 04:19 PM)

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online