SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#401096 - 04/03/15 10:59 PM What soft case with wheels for Tyros5 61 ??
mdorantes Offline

Loc: Queretaro, Mexico
Hi Guys

I have a ATA case for my Tyros 5 61 that is very nice, but, a little heavy, I missed sometime, someone posted that there is a Soft case with wheels for the Tyros 61 keys....Could you please tell me the brand and model??
I just purchased a Gator GK76, and is a little to large....I will return it, but, I would like to ask the salesperson to instead, get me the case that one of you guys use.
I really appreciate it, since my hearth episode, I was told to take it easy, and lifting near 70-80 Lbs, is not light....
Thanks in advance.
Manuel

#401099 - 04/04/15 02:11 AM Re: What soft case with wheels for Tyros5 61 ?? [Re: mdorantes]
sunny152 Offline

Loc: ap

Edited by sunny152 (04/04/15 02:14 AM)

#401100 - 04/04/15 02:22 AM Re: What soft case with wheels for Tyros5 61 ?? [Re: sunny152]
Bachus Offline

If i have learned anything in the past, then its never to use a softcase... It just does not protect your expensive gear well enough.

Espescially if you go for a case with wheels, the extra weight of a good hardcase is not to bad. The protection it offers is worth the extra weight in gold..

http://keyszone.boards.net

#401101 - 04/04/15 05:58 AM Re: What soft case with wheels for Tyros5 61 ?? [Re: Bachus]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Bachus

If i have learned anything in the past, then its never to use a softcase... It just does not protect your expensive gear well enough.

Especially if you go for a case with wheels, the extra weight of a good hardcase is not to bad. The protection it offers is worth the extra weight in gold..

Bachus do you play out professionally?..That is a total myth,...
I have NEVER used a case with wheels who wants that weight...and what about all the other gear speakers, stands etc etc ?
any pro player gigging should use a Rock & Roller multicart... http://rocknroller-multicart.myshopify.com/

and I have NEVER had any problems with protection in 50 years gigging. This is what I use with my S950 & love it great protection
http://www.ultimatesupport.com/product/USS1-61

#401105 - 04/04/15 07:48 AM Re: What soft case with wheels for Tyros5 61 ?? [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: Dnj

Especially if you go for a case with wheels, the extra weight of a good hardcase is not to bad. The protection it offers is worth the extra weight in gold..

I have NEVER used a case with wheels who wants that weight...and what about all the other gear speakers, stands etc etc ?
any pro player gigging should use a Rock & Roller multicart... http://rocknroller-multicart.myshopify.com/

and I have NEVER had any problems with protection in 50 years gigging. This is what I use with my S950 & love it great protection

not anymore in the last 20 years or so... I used to play in a band back then, and i never regretted having a solid case... We used to travel a lot...

I just cant think of a reason to buy a bag with wheels if they are just as expensive as a bag with wheels..

http://keyszone.boards.net

#401107 - 04/04/15 08:14 AM Re: What soft case with wheels for Tyros5 61 ?? [Re: Bachus]
Dnj Offline

not anymore in the last 20 years or so... I used to play in a band back then, and i never regretted having a solid case... We used to travel a lot...

I just cant think of a reason to buy a bag with wheels if they are just as expensive as a bag with wheels..

Years ago with teh band on tour we used flight cases only because of packing in trucks every night......but for local gigs its not needed.

#401111 - 04/04/15 08:49 AM Re: What soft case with wheels for Tyros5 61 ?? [Re: mdorantes]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
The case I use is plywood reinforced, very light, no wheels, and I put my keyboard stand, fan and speaker extensions on top of it while transporting on the rock and roller cart. Now, that plywood is just 1/8th inch thick and would not support a lot of weight, but it will protect the keyboard from damage if someone were to inadvertently bang into the case with something. I'm not sure if a tyros will fit into this case, though.

http://www.amazon.com/Guardian-CK-010-61-Featherweight-Keyboard-Case/dp/B006BL8V44

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#401112 - 04/04/15 09:10 AM Re: What soft case with wheels for Tyros5 61 ?? [Re: mdorantes]
Dnj Offline

Gary love the fan......just sayin'

#401114 - 04/04/15 11:17 AM Re: What soft case with wheels for Tyros5 61 ?? [Re: Dnj]
mdorantes Offline

Loc: Queretaro, Mexico

I have seen also that SKB61, unfortunately in no longer available, also, the Guardian case (Gary), is also no longer available, and also if they make it, dont know if they have it for the T5 61 size....I
I like the idea to have it reinforced with Plywood.
And yes, I own a Rock and Roller cart, the R14, is a life saver, instead of lifting or hauling all the gear yourself, just pull or push.

#401116 - 04/04/15 01:26 PM Re: What soft case with wheels for Tyros5 61 ?? [Re: mdorantes]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: mdorantes

And yes, I own a Rock and Roller cart, the R14, is a life saver, instead of lifting or hauling all the gear yourself, just pull or push.

That said just get a tough soft case, save some money and take your wife to dinner wink and if you Bungee it correctly on the cart nothing will happen.....I don't think your going very far from car to stage?

#401117 - 04/04/15 02:04 PM Re: What soft case with wheels for Tyros5 61 ?? [Re: mdorantes]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Manuel, you may want to modify your R&R cart with a top shelf the way I did - it sure makes life easier and you can place the keyboard on the top shelf, then use the case for a work station while setting up your rig. I posted the instructions how to do this several months ago and lots of folks have benefited from this modification.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#401120 - 04/04/15 04:35 PM Re: What soft case with wheels for Tyros5 61 ?? [Re: mdorantes]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Manuel,

If you want a great bag/case without wheels, the one I've been using with my Tyros4 is CMK04 by Levy's. (LEVY'S KYBD BAG 57 7/16" X 18 5/8" X 5 5/8"). Not sure if you can get it in USA, but when I bought it the retail was around $140+txs.

I'm very pleased with mine...very lightweight, lots of storage pockets for pedals and cords etc., and very well made...terrific overall protection.

Ian

#401121 - 04/04/15 05:33 PM Re: What soft case with wheels for Tyros5 61 ?? [Re: ianmcnll]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: ianmcnll
Manuel,

If you want a great bag/case without wheels, the one I've been using with my Tyros4 is CMK04 by Levy's. (LEVY'S KYBD BAG 57 7/16" X 18 5/8" X 5 5/8"). Not sure if you can get it in USA, but when I bought it the retail was around $140+txs.

I'm very pleased with mine...very lightweight, lots of storage pockets for pedals and cords etc., and very well made...terrific overall protection.

Ian

http://www.amazon.com/Levys-Leathers-CMK04-Polyester-Keyboard/dp/B003MQN8IU

#401123 - 04/04/15 05:43 PM Re: What soft case with wheels for Tyros5 61 ?? [Re: mdorantes]
124 Offline

Ian, how are those straps anchored? Is there an open-ended D-ring through them? I'm of the opinion that unless the D-ring is a continuous ring, the small gap stretches out too easily when the weight of the keyboard is taken into account.

This happened with my Pa1Xpro at 44lbs. The Levy's case obviously handles your T4. What is the weight of your keyboard?

#401125 - 04/04/15 06:28 PM Re: What soft case with wheels for Tyros5 61 ?? [Re: mdorantes]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
I just double checked...the gig bag I have not the CMK04...it is this one... http://www.levysleathers.com/product;cat,772;item,1011;Keyboard-Bags-EM5_DX

I believe the CMK04 was(is) the recommended case, but we got the above for the Tyros3 we were on tour with...the Tyros4 is the same size so we kept it.

It has very convenient pockets at the ends for pedals.

I'm not sure of the size and number (it fits my T4 perfectly), as the case is tucked away under some things in my storage room and I don't want to dig it out. Perhaps this particular size is no longer sold/available as this was a few years ago.

The Tyros4 weighs about 14.5 kg, or 32 lbs.

Sorry about the mix up.

Ian

#401126 - 04/04/15 07:00 PM Re: What soft case with wheels for Tyros5 61 ?? [Re: mdorantes]
124 Offline

Thanks, Ian. So the Tyros is about 12 lbs. lighter than my Korg. The D-rings on the case I had would probably have stood up to 32 lbs.

#401128 - 04/04/15 07:38 PM Re: What soft case with wheels for Tyros5 61 ?? [Re: Dnj]
Jerryghr Offline

Loc: Buffalo, NY
Originally Posted By: ianmcnll
Manuel,

Ian

http://www.amazon.com/Levys-Leathers-CMK04-Polyester-Keyboard/dp/B003MQN8IU

Has 4 handles (none in the middle).Can be carried very easily by 4 Rock'n Rollin munchkins.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/91e5fMmyBPL._SL1500_.jpg

#401129 - 04/04/15 08:29 PM Re: What soft case with wheels for Tyros5 61 ?? [Re: mdorantes]
Jerryghr Offline

Loc: Buffalo, NY
I believe the posting you are referring to was from Scott Yee. It was the Fusion 10 bag with wheels 9lbs, which is no longer available.

The Fusion 9 may be an alternative.

http://www.fusion-bags.com/collections/keyboard-gig-bags/products/f3-keyboard-9-gig-bag

Regards,

Jerryghr

#401161 - 04/06/15 08:10 AM Re: What soft case with wheels for Tyros5 61 ?? [Re: mdorantes]
musicforyourday Offline

Loc: So California, USA
the Levey case is very good I had one for my BK 9 very good does anybody kn ow if they make one for Tyros 5 76 I would buy one in a minute I am using a SKB 88 KEY case it a little long it got strap down straps in side it works if you guys are going to use soft cases line you case under the keyboard with a cotton towel it will prevent static issues VERY important with Tyros 5

#401203 - 04/07/15 03:15 PM Re: What soft case with wheels for Tyros5 61 ?? [Re: mdorantes]
MacAllcock Offline

Loc: Preston, Lancashire, England
I've got the Tyros 3 soft case with wheels from Thomann. It's pretty good although does not have a suitcase trolley frame, just well anchored wheels at one end and a grab handle at the other. Having used a full flight hard case in the past I did wonder whether to take that route again but concluded that my usage didn't merit the extra weight for the extra protection. If your scenario involves rough handling then you must get a hard case. I got the Thomann case because it is designed specifically for the T3 so the keyboard is a snug fit and does not move around, my PSR3000 suffered some case damage due to sliding around in a slightly overlong bag.

#401248 - 04/09/15 09:19 AM Re: What soft case with wheels for Tyros5 61 ?? [Re: mdorantes]
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
Through the year's I've used the original Yamaha case for the Tyros, then switched to a full blown flight case and within a few months had begun to wreck my back and shoulders lifting it in and out of the car. Then I went back to the Yamaha original style semi-hard case with wheels, which is what I'm using now.

My complaint is that the semi-hard shell cases don't seem to hold up well under heavy use. The zipper tabs break off, the zippers begin to pull away from the stitching, and the corners aren't reinforced adequately for heavy use. (By heavy use I mean something in the range of 435-455 gigs a year.)

I think in the next few months I'll move into one of the hardshell non-flight cases that may be the best of both worlds. I like my case to have wheels, and to have the durability and craftsmanship that some of the lower end cases don't.

Edited by Bill in Dayton (04/09/15 09:20 AM)

#401281 - 04/10/15 11:25 AM Re: What soft case with wheels for Tyros5 61 ?? [Re: mdorantes]
jimlaing Offline

Loc: Raleigh, NC
I have one of the (now hard to find?) Fusion 10 cases. It has wheels, and is 9 lbs. Very light. Not quite as much protection as the SKB case that I used to use, however. I like the lighter weight though. And since I carry my own gear (Rock'n'Roller cart) I (like some others here) have never had trouble with a soft-sided bag, in ~30+ years of gigging ...

I'm waiting for the case that includes built-in hover-board technology, so that the case just floats along at zero gravity :-0

-Jim

#401286 - 04/10/15 04:13 PM Re: What soft case with wheels for Tyros5 61 ?? [Re: mdorantes]
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Hi Manuel

I don't believe there is a better case for our requirements for the Tyros as the one in this thread:

http://www.synthzone.com/forum/ubbthread..._Als#Post330486

You can have it made to the exact size you want. At exacly 20 lbs it weighs the same or less than soft cases such as the Gator case which weighs 26 pounds.

Best

ScottL

Edited by Scott Langholff (04/10/15 04:19 PM)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online