SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#40089 - 04/23/07 07:12 AM KN5000 + my feelings
Joe Baron Offline

Loc: England
Hi All.

I have just purchased a hard disk drive for the KN 5000 keyboard.
Is Am I right in thinking that the hard drive plugs directly into the keyboard once the cover as been removed, similar to plugging in a soundcard video card
on a PC. I have not got a handbook of the KN 5000, but I see there is a version available on the Technics website in PDF format it is rather a large download I think about 145 pages, so quite a lot of printing to do, does anyone have a copy of the KN 5000 owners handbook and willing to sell it? The one I have is in French language.
I would welcome any information on the best way to implement styles onto the hard drive, and may I say I would welcome help from members who may have styles for the KN 5000.

I have noticed a considerable drop in the amount of posts made on our synth zone, I still have my 7000 of course and do not wish to part with it, but however it would seem that a lot of people are now turning to Yamaha tyros 2 this is a matter of choice I think it quite right that people should choose what they want and I don't have a problem with that.

In my opinion the Technics KN 7000 is better in some ways than the Tyros 2, but recently having experienced a problem with the KN 7000 and finding it to four weeks to sort out a very easy problem mainly because the part was hard to find, in fact the problem was only a blown fuse on one of the PC boards, an alternative was fitted because the correct part was unavailable, but if simple parts like a fuse is not readily available what are the chances of obtaining a part that Is only Available through Technics. This gives me thought of great concern, it future I will play the KN 7000 only the part of the time, and I will play quite a lot on the KN 5000 after all it is still a brilliant instrument and the sound is almost as good as the KN 7000.
What was once a brilliant site to go on and browse has now become empty because I think the lack of interested has wained Since Technics decided to discontinue making excellent keyboards. Where then my friends shall we turn to, is it likely that the Technics Technicians will eventually all work for Yamaha and produce keyboards in the Technics fashion. Then and only then will I consider a Yamaha.
I know that making these kind of statements are bound to upset a few of the people who have already turned to Yamaha Tyros, but this is not my intention honestly.
My demise is I Have Had Technics Keyboards since the first Technics S. X. K200 was introduced in 1985, with the exception of the KN 3000 I have had every keyboard produced since then, I hope that I don't sound absolutely biased I am not.
I just think is a great pity Technics in their wisdom decided to discontinue Technics Keyboards.
I shall in the near future give a brief outline of my career in the music business, and I do hope I will receive the response of many of our members outlining their careers to date.
Best wishes to the many wonderful friends I have had the pleasure of exchanging information and to all the people who have helped me in the past.

Kind regards.

Joe

[This message has been edited by Joe Baron (edited 04-23-2007).]

#40090 - 04/23/07 08:27 AM Re: KN5000 + my feelings
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
Hi Joe
The important thing to remember is that when folk move over to Yamaha or whatever they don't throw their Technics keyboard away, they sell it to someone else. So it follows that there are just as many Technics keyboards out there as there were when Technics closed down but different people own some of them who perhaps don't know about us (Synthzone) and would probably really welcome our helpful advice.
The only question is - how do we contact them...?
Rog

[This message has been edited by RMepstead (edited 04-23-2007).]

#40091 - 04/23/07 12:12 PM Re: KN5000 + my feelings
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Joe ... Have you tried 'browsing' through the PF manual - or checking the index- to see if there is a reference to the hard drive, and then printing only the pertinent pages?
I installed mine in my kn6000 but it was so long ago, I would not attempt to tell you how to do it, although I remember it was fairly easy ...
Perhaps Gunnar Jonny can help???
t.

#40092 - 04/23/07 02:04 PM Re: KN5000 + my feelings
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Roger
There is Kenneth's and Yahoo, but I don't know how ethical it would be to advertise our presence. Then, again, maybe it wouldn't matter.
Bernie

#40093 - 04/23/07 05:06 PM Re: KN5000 + my feelings
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
I have told many about my experience with My KN7000 and the Tyros 2, let me go a bit further.

I trading My Tyros for a KN7000 and a PSR3000, no money involved, just an even trade. No hurt feelings here, the Tyros 2 was a good keyboard. I made the change because I love big band and the real instrument sounds of those days. I find myself spending 30 minutes on the PSR3000, then returning to the KN7000 with a smile.

The change I made was because of my taste in music. And yes I will buy another keyboard if mine fails beyond repair – Which one? The one that comes closest to the sound and ease of playing of my KN7000.

John C.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online