SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#400804 - 03/24/15 01:19 PM A new set up for me
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Well since I am back to playing jobs again; senior and church, I have thoughts about how much do I have to carry. In my earlier days no problem, at 83 things are bit harder.

My equipment:
1- Keyboard and stand (Korg Pa800) 2- Microphone and stand
3- Stool 4- Bose Compact with extensions
5- Wires 6- Music – a laptop

My new set up, when a keyboard is not necessary:
1- Guitar and stand 2- Tc Helicon Live Touch
3- Microphone and stand 4- Bose Compact no extentions
5- Ipad 6- Wires
The guitar, microphone, and Ipad plug into the Tc Helicon. One wire to the Bose.
The guitar controls its own volume. The Ipad does the same. The microphone has a knob on the side of the Tc Helicon which controls volume. The effects and effects volume for guitar and voice are controlled by the Tc Helicon. Effects are programmable for the guitar and voice – not for the Ipad

Modes of play:
1- Guitar and voice
2- Guitar voice and Ireal Pro in the ipad. Ireal Pro plays sequences that are created by selecting the chord and the type of rhythm. The playback has Drums, Bass, and chords. The chord instrument can be selected. Voice, guitar, drum, bass and chords are enough to do a good job.

Right now Ireal Pro is limited for contemporary music so I use Sweet Midi in my Ipad to play contemporary midi files. It is good midi player, it allows pith control, and tempo control. Displays the liyric, and has a mixer which can control the volume of the 16 midi channels and change the instrumentation.
Not using a chair.

One trip:
A silver hand truck: Bose, a bag for the Tc Helicon, Ipad, and all wires, and the guitar is strapped to my back. A touch of heaven! In my younger days I did vocals and played guitar in a five piece group so this is comfortable.
This set up could never be compared to a fine keyboard and laptop, but it is good for the jobs that do not require a full band.

Just sharing,
John C.

#400813 - 03/24/15 08:49 PM Re: A new set up for me [Re: bruno123]
J. Larry Offline

Loc: University, MS 38677 USA
As a senior player, I, too, analyze carefully everything I have to carry for job setups and tear-downs. No roadies available. The young pups here may not realize that yet; but, they’ll be there some day.

#400819 - 03/25/15 03:24 AM Re: A new set up for me [Re: bruno123]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Hi John

Glad you are back playing out some. You always were a great analyzer and see you have it all in hand.

Bernie

#400821 - 03/25/15 06:01 AM Re: A new set up for me [Re: bruno123]
Dnj Offline

Any pictures of your setup and transport rig..it's worth a thousand words? For me every gigging player should use a Rock N Roller cart.

http://rocknroller-multicart.myshopify.com/

Edited by Dnj (03/25/15 06:04 AM)

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online