SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#40062 - 10/25/05 10:54 AM Re: KN7000 vs Tyros 2
ochre aka ogre Offline

Loc: UK
Thanks Technics Player, I stand suitably rebuked but you've spoilt the mental picture I had of this sweet old man who wanted to pass his passion for music on to people like us with his organs and keyboards but his avaricious financial accountant trained sons were hovering in the back ground waiting for him to die so they could concentrate on the money making aspects of the empire, and when he died, so they did....

And thank you Bill, I'll give it a whirl.

Peter

#40063 - 10/25/05 01:45 PM Re: KN7000 vs Tyros 2
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi All.
I have just read a very enthusiastic report about the Tyros 2 in the 'Keyboard Calvacade Magazine' by Michael Woolridge.
Verdict: Interesting, but still not good enough to make me change my Kn7000 for it.
Expensive?. UK recommended price £3000 with speakers and you still may need to add a hard drive. (price ???).
Question? Will your audience be able to tell the difference between 'it' and the kn7000? I doubt it.

Peter B.

#40064 - 10/25/05 01:58 PM Re: KN7000 vs Tyros 2
kn7 Offline

Well said, Peter

#40065 - 10/25/05 03:38 PM Re: KN7000 vs Tyros 2
technicsplayer Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ochre aka ogre:
you've spoilt the mental picture I had of this sweet old man who wanted to pass his passion for music on
Peter

basically the accountant bit is true enough but the way I see it their old rivals Sony sell cheap stuff as Sony and expensive stuff as Sony, whereas Matsushita sold cheap stuff as Panasonic and expensive stuff as Technics, so the logic was their public brand recognition was unnecessarily split so the idea was that everything would be Panasonic in the future (we already had Panasonic pianos and low end keyboards) and niche markets were dropped in the process.

#40066 - 10/26/05 01:04 AM Re: KN7000 vs Tyros 2
Peter Lowden Offline

Loc: England
Quote:
Originally posted by peter.bentley@talk21.com:

Question? Will your audience be able to tell the difference between 'it' and the kn7000? I doubt it.

Peter B. [/B]

Hi Peter, hope you're keeping well.

I'm always looking for something better, but it's a very good point you mention above, I own both the KN7000 and Tyros 1. I use for several months for instance the KN7000 and when I change over to use the Tyros it's not
unusual for people to be unaware of the change in instrument, to me they are completely different in looks and sound but in general the majority of listeners are not that musical.

Here's a thought as well, how many of us play a song, and play it less than perfect, yet the audience enjoy it and clap. Another time you play a tune really well and expect a good clap, yet you get little response. The interpretation of good music is sometimes really strange.

I think when someone decides to change their instrument it's mainly for their own personal
progression in music, the hope is also of course that it will inspire some of the audience as well, but in reality there's no real guarantees of this.

Kind regards

Peter

#40067 - 10/26/05 04:39 AM Re: KN7000 vs Tyros 2
Craig_UK Offline

You can get the Tyros 2 with speakers and the stand for £2370 if you shop around in the UK. There are some good offers out there and the Tyros 2 on its own can be had for just over £2000.
I've heard the KN7000 and the Tyros 2, unfortunately the Technics didn't do anything for me and no Technics ever has. To my ears I can pick out a Technics straight away as they normally sound pretty tinny. The PSR and 9000 pro also sounded tinny to me but the new Tyros is in a different league.
Is it better than my SD1 or G1000, maybe?
My mate has already px'ed his KN7000 for one but he is keeping his KN6500 since he will not part with it.
I'm not having a dig at Technics as for live use they are very easy to get along with. It would be a sad world if everyone shared the same taste in music and instruments.
It's a shame Technics stopped making keyboards though as I'm certain sooner or later I would have liked one.

#40068 - 10/28/05 05:27 AM Re: KN7000 vs Tyros 2
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi Peter.
Very well thank you Peter.

I appreciate your comments, I have been to a lot of concerts by the pros on that circuit and where some play as loud as they can mainly on theatre organ sounds,it covers up the errors, and get the audience going wild with their applause. There is no accounting for taste.
Just to assure theatre organ buffs, I do like the theatre organ sound, I cut my teeth on it.
Coming back to the main point, It doesn't matter what instrument you prefer as long as you give and get enjoyment from it.
Regards
Peter.

#40069 - 10/28/05 09:21 AM Re: KN7000 vs Tyros 2
kn7 Offline

Craig_UK,

I am curious as to why your mate would want to keep the KN6500 over the KN7000. Would you mind stating why?

#40070 - 10/28/05 12:53 PM Re: KN7000 vs Tyros 2
Craig_UK Offline

Hi KN7.
He part exchanged the KN7000 simply because it was worth more than the other since it's newer. He also told me he felt that what extras it had on it was worth losing. I think he also even has a KN5000 which he uses for home use only.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online