SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#400190 - 03/04/15 09:37 PM Got my Audya Ajamsonic
Taike Offline

Loc: Xingyi, Guizhou (China)
Well, it took me a while to get it but it's finally here. I don't think a review is really necessary as it has been done before. Let's just say that some things I like and some things less.
The Ajamsonic styles are great and there are some great voices as well. The only thing missing -I brought this to AJ's attention, is Midi notation. I find this a very useful tool and I used it a lot on my previous keyboards. It's not that I play Midi files but use it as a learning tool. Midi files usually have far better arrangements than music books. Basically I use Midi notation to practice difficult parts and it's like having a teacher beside you. Not having Midi notation on a TOTL keyboard doesn't make sense and neither does it make sense to play Midi files on a keyboard when you can't see notation.
Anyone interested in having this feature on your Audya?

#400197 - 03/05/15 04:34 AM Re: Got my Audya Ajamsonic [Re: Taike]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
As stated elsewhere, I use MidiNotate as a stand alone application and agree with you, however, because I can edit, transpose, mute parts, and produce any kind of lead sheet I desire, I don't see how it can be made a part of a keyboard OS.

The only thing close may be the pared down notation screen option instead of lyrics. Of coarse Composer shows and scrolls both.

I am not being negative, just wondering what you have in mind, as I know you are a good musician.

Congatulations on your new arrival, as I love my AJAMSONIC 76.

Edited by Bernie9 (03/05/15 04:37 AM)

#400199 - 03/05/15 05:48 AM Re: Got my Audya Ajamsonic [Re: Taike]
Taike Offline

Loc: Xingyi, Guizhou (China)
Hi Bernie,

Don't worry, you're not being negative. I don't need nor do I care for lyrics. All I care for is to see the notes on the keyboard monitor.

What I is, that when you install a Midi file on the Audya, the music notes will show on the monitor. Sorry for having used the wrong term as Midi Notate is a program which I use myself. So showing the notes of the song on your monitor can be very useful if you want to play along the Midi file, want to edit or, as in my case, use the notes to practice difficult parts or to get the feel of the song.

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online