SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#400084 - 03/01/15 12:54 PM SOUND MEMORY QUESTION
kitkat Offline

Loc: United States
Hi,

I have two sets of custom sounds in SOUND MEMORY that I have filed. Is it possible to take one or more of the sounds in one of the saved sound memory and add it to the other group of custom sounds in the other saved sound memory?

I thought I could do this by bringing up the saved sound in one of the sound memory by putting it in Rt. 1 of a Panel Memory. It doesn't work, even though I take everything out of LOAD but SOUND MEMORY of the other and it changes the Rt. 1 setting in the Panel Memory when bringing it up. I suppose this happening is self understanding since what was saved in the Panel Memory is only going to be what is in the loaded new group of SOUND MEMORY. I hope I have explained myself well enough.

Would appreciate someone knowing how to get around this to add customs sounds in one Sound Memory to another group of custom sounds.

Mark

#400102 - 03/02/15 09:30 AM Re: SOUND MEMORY QUESTION [Re: kitkat]
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
Your subsequent panel memories should be able to jump seemlessly across from one sound memory to the other eg panel memory A1 rhythm xyz and sound from sound memory 1. Panel memory A2 rhythm xyz and sound from memory 2. etc

#400104 - 03/02/15 10:54 AM Re: SOUND MEMORY QUESTION [Re: kitkat]
Bob Hendershot Offline

Loc: Johnson City, TN USA
See Single Load at page 141 (for SD) or page 126 (for disk) of your Operating Instr manual.

#400160 - 03/03/15 08:27 PM Re: SOUND MEMORY QUESTION [Re: kitkat]
kitkat Offline

Hi Roger and Bob,

Roger, I don't think we understand each other. I am talking about saved custom sounds that are filed and another group of custom sounds that are filed on the SD card. I want to take one custom sound from one of the group of sounds and add it to the other saved group of sounds.

Bob, I did bring up pg. 141 for single load and on pg. 3, on the left, I could see one of the group of sounds that I saved. I clicked to the sound I wanted to save to the other set. On the right, I couldn't bring up the other group of saved sounds to add the custom sound from the left to the right. How do I see the group of other sounds to add the one custom sound from the group on the left when I can't bring up the other group on the right?

Mark

#400169 - 03/04/15 07:00 AM Re: SOUND MEMORY QUESTION [Re: kitkat]
Bob Hendershot Offline

Read this article from the old KN5000 "How To" pages. The display is obviously different but I think it may give you the idea of how to take a single sound from the SD or Floppy files and move it to the sound memory that is in the keyboard.

http://home.online.no/~j-gotaa/bobs/Single_Sound.htm

#400173 - 03/04/15 08:24 AM Re: SOUND MEMORY QUESTION [Re: kitkat]
RMepstead Offline

Hi Mark. Assuming you do mean SOUNDS and not STYLES for which latter there is a button the left hand side, I am guessing that the 'saved custom sounds that are filed' as you put it are actually in sound group button MEMORY. (oh yes you said so earlier doh)
When playing The Shadows Apache I get a rather special guitar a la Hank Marvin...I wanted to use this guitar sound for other Shadows music and was able first to load Apache including that special sound and then load another style for another song BUT not load that Style's SOUND over the top of the special Hank sound by using pages 2 and 3 when loading the second style.
More details if this is the sort of thing you are trying to achieve.
Rog

Edited by RMepstead (03/04/15 08:27 AM)

#400250 - 03/06/15 08:28 AM Re: SOUND MEMORY QUESTION [Re: kitkat]
kitkat Offline

Hi Bob,

Thanks for going to the trouble to further look and come up with the KN5000 answer. I did it and it worked but I still don't know why the sound I wanted goes to the right sound memory group. It seems that both should be in the load area and go from left to right but it doesn't work that way. Very odd that this is not stated or stated clearly in the KN7000 manual.

Rog, I know what you are talking about but what I wanted to do was different.

The reason I wanted to add this particular sound was that I used both EASY EDIT and TONE for creating the sound and saved it. Once you leave EASY EDIT with a saved sound, it goes back to default so you have no idea what you did. Bring up TONE in a saved sound shows what you did but not in EASY EDIT.

Thanks, again guys for your help. It worked, Bob.

Mark

#400252 - 03/06/15 09:06 AM Re: SOUND MEMORY QUESTION [Re: kitkat]
RMepstead Offline

I'm now fascinated by what the song is that you are using it for Mark...?

#400279 - 03/07/15 05:25 AM Re: SOUND MEMORY QUESTION [Re: kitkat]
Bob Hendershot Offline

Thank you, Nigel.

#400318 - 03/07/15 03:15 PM Re: SOUND MEMORY QUESTION [Re: RMepstead]
kitkat Offline

Roger,

It is a song that I was half way through doing with one of the sets of custom sounds in the keyboard. I decided I wanted this special sound that was not in the group of saved sounds that I was working in. This is why I was wanting to get the one sound from another saved group of sounds. Had I loaded that group of sounds to get the sound I wanted I would have lost the sounds I was using in the other group. Hope this is clear to you.

Mark

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online