SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#400086 - 03/01/15 03:00 PM When it comes to recording...
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
I'm guessing many(if not most)of you are playing live.

That said, when it comes to recording...putting out a CD, an MP3 with some form of your music....what are you doing?

Anybody selling your music, other than live? If so, how, and in what form, are you doing it?

smile

Edited by guitpic1 (03/01/15 03:02 PM)

#400087 - 03/01/15 05:34 PM Re: When it comes to recording... [Re: guitpic1]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
When I'm playing using my S-950 I just hit the USB recorder button, fire up the recorder and save the .wav file to the USB thumb drive in the keyboard. Then, when I get home, I put the USB drive in my PC, convert the file to an MP3 and save it to boxnet. If I want to make a CD, then I download the files I want, change them to the correct format and burn the CD's on my PC. The PC also has a program that allows me to print directly to printable CDs. Does a real professional job.

Now, I do not sell the CDs, instead I give them away as promotional material. I've given away thousands of them over the years and they have been extremely effective.

All the best,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#400088 - 03/01/15 06:29 PM Re: When it comes to recording... [Re: travlin'easy]
J. Larry Offline

Loc: University, MS 38677 USA
I work live a lot, but never record live. Too many variables that work against good, clear recordings. However, I’ve recorded many home CDs that are given to family and friends. I use Pre Sonus Studio One software on a laptop. Works great. Don’t sell or market music, since I don’t write original material. I just play what I hear and what I like. That seems to agree well with my local market.

#400089 - 03/01/15 06:33 PM Re: When it comes to recording... [Re: travlin'easy]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
On the Pa900 I record mp3 direct to the USB ... I can then plug the USB into the computer and D/L the recorded songs ... when I want, I burn them to a CD ...
Like Gary, I don't sell them, but use them as promo material or give them to friends when they ask ...

#400092 - 03/01/15 07:38 PM Re: When it comes to recording... [Re: guitpic1]
Dnj Offline

#400127 - 03/02/15 08:57 PM Re: When it comes to recording... [Re: Dnj]
guitpic1 Offline

Interesting stuff. Gary, do you use some sort of recording program on your P.C.?

#400128 - 03/03/15 12:37 AM Re: When it comes to recording... [Re: guitpic1]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
When recording or saving your recordings use Wav and save them as FLAC files as these are lossless, (If you have a Mac use ALAC) thus you can then convert them to any format you like without any loss of quality.

While mp3 is still quite common as a storage medium, it is a lossy format that doesn’t convert well to other formats (Once information is taken away it cannot be put back) plus these days with storage plentiful it is really no longer needed.

In Europe most professional artists make CD’s and sell them to the public which adds considerably to their income. (Promo discs are used purely to canvas new venues)

NOTE: Just pressing record on your keyboard and storing the result does not make for a very professional recording, so be prepared to work with the mastering tools (In whatever program you use) to make it sound at its best.

Hope this helps

Bill

#400133 - 03/03/15 05:50 AM Re: When it comes to recording... [Re: guitpic1]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
On the PC I use Audacity. It's an excellent program and FREE.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#400178 - 03/04/15 12:26 PM Re: When it comes to recording... [Re: travlin'easy]
guitpic1 Offline

Thanks Gary and others.

#406597 - 08/08/15 06:20 AM Re: When it comes to recording... [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
On the PC I use Audacity. It's an excellent program and FREE.

Gary cool

DITTO cool2

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online