SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#399995 - 02/26/15 11:30 PM Re: My arranger evolution [Re: DonM]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I purchased a Peak midi foot controller that works fine. I would prefer the EC5 though.

#399997 - 02/27/15 02:47 AM Re: My arranger evolution [Re: DonM]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Whoops...I actually forgot a few...

Silvertone chord organ.

Yamaha Electone HS-8 digital organ

Yamaha PSR-70

Roland E-70 Arranger, which I bought while in Newfoundland, and sold to get the KR-650.

And two that I still have, and use, here at the apartment and in the studio:

Yamaha CS-01 analog synthesizer

Yamaha TQ-5 Tone Generator.

Plus I have my adopted Mum's extremely old Ruggeri violin (superb condition, with original case and bow), which I never learned to play.

I have to say, I'm enjoying seeing these lists of gear...some pretty cool instruments, especially 124's Watkins Telstar (and performance)...did you play the song Telstar on it as well?

Ian

#399998 - 02/27/15 03:26 AM Re: My arranger evolution [Re: Bachus]
ianmcnll Offline

Originally Posted By: Bachus
Yamaha VL70 *

This is a great sounding tone module, Bachus...the modeled sounds were very realistic. A friend of mine used one of these in the studio, controlled by a wind controller, a Yamaha WX-11, I believe.

What did you use to control it? Did you use a breath controller?

Why did you sell/trade it...were you able to get its equivalent in another instrument or module?

Ian

#400000 - 02/27/15 05:48 AM Re: My arranger evolution [Re: ianmcnll]
Dnj Offline

The KORG SAS 20 was my first Arranger Kb a first for Korg also 1983..

Before this model for on stage gigging around 15 years before this
I had so many keyboards, synths, organs, E pianos, etc, that were
non arrangers playing in bands.

keys

Pic 1983 playing SAS20 on stage.....

My total keyboard list is probably a bit longer than Don's if I could sit down and think about it all thru the years.... cool2

Attachments
band wadsworth house.jpg

Edited by Dnj (02/27/15 05:57 AM)

#400002 - 02/27/15 06:28 AM Re: My arranger evolution [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

Vox Continental, Farfisa Compact duo, Doric organ, Yamaha CS-01, Rhodes Suitcase, Hammond B3, Juno 60, Arp Omni 2, and many many more...

One of my favorite 80's Arranger style gig rigs was a Korg M1 Synth & a Roland RA90 w/Supercard....oh baby !! keys

#400003 - 02/27/15 06:28 AM Re: My arranger evolution [Re: ianmcnll]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: ianmcnll
Yamaha VL70 *

This is a great sounding tone module, Bachus...the modeled sounds were very realistic. A friend of mine used one of these in the studio, controlled by a wind controller, a Yamaha WX-11, I believe.

What did you use to control it? Did you use a breath controller?

Why did you sell/trade it...were you able to get its equivalent in another instrument or module?

Ian

Well, as a big fan of the VL series, i never realised how much a breath controller was needed... what then happened was almost like a nightmare...

So after buying and playing the unit, i decided to get the breathcontroller, only to find out that the WX series of breathcontrollers where full wind emulation instruments and not what we envision with a keyboard solution breathcontroller..

Luckilly we found a device that converted the Yamaha BC1 breathcontroller information directly into Midi, this midi got connected to my keyboards midi IN.. with the Midi out connected to the VL70m...

It was a great sounding unit, at a great price, and probably way better then the VL plugin board i curently have in my Motif rack.

I never understood why Yamaha abandoned this track of VL synthesis..

Good thing is, this box allows me to connect my current BC3 to any Keyboard i want... i personally just love breathcontrollers and their expressiveness. Not being a singer adds even more to the usefullness..

Edited by Bachus (02/27/15 06:30 AM)

http://keyszone.boards.net

#400008 - 02/27/15 07:43 AM Re: My arranger evolution [Re: Dnj]
ianmcnll Offline

Originally Posted By: Dnj
Vox Continental, Farfisa Compact duo, Doric organ,

Here's a great site all about combo organs.

http://www.combo-organ.com/

Will bring back a lot of memories to some of us here.

Ian

#400010 - 02/27/15 07:44 AM Re: My arranger evolution [Re: Bachus]
Bachus Offline

Forgot to answer your last question Ian...

I sold it after i got the EX5 which also got A VL synth inside, which could be coupled with the AWM synthesis to create great stuffs...

#400011 - 02/27/15 07:50 AM Re: My arranger evolution [Re: Bachus]
ianmcnll Offline

I sold it after i got the EX5 which also got A VL synth inside, which could be coupled with the AWM synthesis to create great stuffs...

Ah ha...when I saw that EX-5 further down on your list, I wondered if that had the VL-board inside....well, I guess that answers my question.

Thanks kind sir.

Ian

#400023 - 02/27/15 11:05 AM Re: My arranger evolution [Re: ianmcnll]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: ianmcnll

Ah ha...when I saw that EX-5 further down on your list, I wondered if that had the VL-board inside....well, I guess that answers my question.

Thanks kind sir.

Ian

Actually the EX5 was pre boards... It had 1 VL to e build in natively, however as said both the EX5 as the later VL boards never seemd to be close to the stellar VL70, however, they are still incredible fun to play with, thats the reason i bought a Motif ES in December with the VL board inside...

Edited by Bachus (02/27/15 11:08 AM)

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online