SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#399607 - 02/16/15 07:18 AM Re: Stevie Wonder Superstition Style? [Re: montunoman]
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
There are lots of songs a half century old that are still very popular with audiences of all ages. Those are the songs that keep me performing every day.

Cheers,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#399609 - 02/16/15 07:45 AM Re: Stevie Wonder Superstition Style? [Re: travlin'easy]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
There are lots of songs a half century old that are still very popular with audiences of all ages. Those are the songs that keep me performing every day.

Cheers,

Gary cool

Its something of all times, most things are forgotten, except the really great things, and thise are here to stay forever..

http://keyszone.boards.net

#399627 - 02/17/15 08:37 AM Re: Stevie Wonder Superstition Style? [Re: montunoman]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Just got around to watching the Stevie Wonder Tribute show which I recorded. Great show, great music, great talent. Great renditions of most of Stevie's greatest hits. Beyoncé was fabulous (and I'm not really a super fan), especially re-creating Stevie's first hit, 'Fingertips'. Don't know if they'll rebroadcast it but if you missed it and get another chance to see it, you'll be in for a musical treat.

chas

#399629 - 02/17/15 08:41 AM Re: Stevie Wonder Superstition Style? [Re: cgiles]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
chas ... unfortunately, I only got to see the last half or so ...great talent, great music ... clap clap clap

BTW ... I remember hearing in a recording of "Fingertips" that when Stevie started to take an encore solo, some band member was asking "What key, what key" ...
I found this on the I'net :

"The original bass player had already left the stage and Joe Swift, the bass player for the Marvelettes was already on stage, when Stevie started playing again. That's him saying "What key?". That's soul music for you! :)"

Great stuff ...

Edited by tony mads usa (02/17/15 08:55 AM)

#399672 - 02/19/15 12:30 PM Re: Stevie Wonder Superstition Style? [Re: travlin'easy]
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
Originally Posted By: travlin'easy

Cheers,

Gary cool

I'm finding this true as well...even with the 1960's generation, of which I'm a part.

I grew up with rock and roll, big amps and loud music. Seems the folks I know from my generation will still listen to some of those old rock and roll songs but want them more subdued. And many are now interested in more 'laid back' music.

My wife and I laugh at the fact that as kids, we were forced to listen to Lawrence Welk. Now, both of us, in our 60's, enjoy listening once in a while to those songs and Lawrence Welk on PBS. By the way, good ol' Lawrence is from our part of the country.

smile

Edited by guitpic1 (02/19/15 12:31 PM)

#399698 - 02/19/15 10:07 PM Re: Stevie Wonder Superstition Style? [Re: Dnj]
Sokratis 1974 Offline

Loc: Hellas, Creta, Iraklion
Originally Posted By: Dnj
Ron thanx for the style nice!!.....btw does anyone have a style for "I Just Called To Say I Love You"
eg: Stevie Wonder..?

here is a great one Wonder 8 Beat Im considering with sound FX and correct bass line.....

Wonder 8 Beat style

Hi.... For "I Just Called To Say I Love You" I have created also a Audio Style in my Audya.
If you want listen here https://soundcloud.com/sokratis-1974/i-just-call-to-say-i-love-you

Thanks!! smile

Edited by Sokratis 1974 (02/19/15 10:07 PM)

#399701 - 02/19/15 11:03 PM Re: Stevie Wonder Superstition Style? [Re: Sokratis 1974]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: Sokratis 1974
Originally Posted By: Dnj
Ron thanx for the style nice!!.....btw does anyone have a style for "I Just Called To Say I Love You"
eg: Stevie Wonder..?

here is a great one Wonder 8 Beat Im considering with sound FX and correct bass line.....

Wonder 8 Beat style

Hi.... For "I Just Called To Say I Love You" I have created also a Audio Style in my Audya.
If you want listen here https://soundcloud.com/sokratis-1974/i-just-call-to-say-i-love-you

Thanks!! smile

Very nice one too...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#399703 - 02/20/15 02:25 AM Re: Stevie Wonder Superstition Style? [Re: cgiles]
Nigel Online   wise
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Originally Posted By: cgiles
Another way to go is to take a similar style and overdub some lines from the original. While fooling around with the BK7m, I discovered that one of the styles (6_8 Ballad1) reminded me of an old James Brown tune, IT'S A MAN'S WORLD (obviously written before Political Correctness smile smile ). Most of the background is the BK7m style (drums, bass, piano, background organ) with the other parts (strings, horns) overdubbed using Fantom G7, Background vocals near end from Roland VP770, and melody (I can't sing - I could if I had Donny's voice.....and my soul smile )on the KeyB organ. Not exactly like the original but I think it comes pretty close. If you've got a BK7m or BK9, try it.

https://app.box.com/s/2oowznwob2u2i9eav1713kubs3kjmfh0

chas

#399706 - 02/20/15 05:28 AM Re: Stevie Wonder Superstition Style? [Re: montunoman]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Yep, she's definitely got the soul. I'm surprised she's not better known (internationally). Another interesting version is by Gov't Mule.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZZW3KKIOOU

A heck of a lot of people have covered this song, though probably not too many from SZ smile.

chas

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online