SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 7 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#399456 - 02/11/15 09:57 PM Re: So What did we learn from NAMM 2015? [Re: montunoman]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: montunoman
So with all this talk of the demise of the arranger keyboard, nobody has said what the new alternative is for the keyboardist that wants full sounding backing without a preset backing track. So what will take the place of arranger keyboards ?

VArranger3

http://keyszone.boards.net

#399458 - 02/12/15 12:52 AM Re: So What did we learn from NAMM 2015? [Re: Dnj]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
If you want to input chords before the gig (Or during the gig t) so as to create something unique, just incorporate Band in a Box into an arranger, and the jobs done.

Bill

#399461 - 02/12/15 01:38 AM Re: So What did we learn from NAMM 2015? [Re: abacus]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: abacus
If you want to input chords before the gig (Or during the gig t) so as to create something unique, just incorporate Band in a Box into an arranger, and the jobs done.

Bill

It allways wondered me why they havent implemented that feature yet in BiaB... (yes i know why most current styles will not work realtime, because they are designed in such a way that they need to know chords ahead of time to make intlligent chord changes)

#399471 - 02/12/15 09:26 AM Re: So What did we learn from NAMM 2015? [Re: Bachus]
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Bill,
Do you mean....using a style (or styles for that matter)..have a chord sequence for a particular song already in the arranger so you can just use both hands & play along???

#399474 - 02/12/15 11:23 AM Re: So What did we learn from NAMM 2015? [Re: leeboy]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Originally Posted By: leeboy
Bill,
Do you mean....using a style (or styles for that matter)..have a chord sequence for a particular song already in the arranger so you can just use both hands & play along???

Hi Lee

If you want to do that you can do, however Band in a Box creates a unique style around your chord sequence and playing preferences, (Not just sequencing the boring and repetitive styles that arrangers use) thus the song backing becomes unique to you.

For live play think of the chord sequencer (Actually a loop player) that Roland introduced, you activate and record the chords and when you press stop, instead of just repeating the chords with the pre-set style, (As it is currently done) it creates a jam session that matches you preferences. (You can then play both hands if you wish to take the lead)

Of course if you want to sound like everybody else, then just stick to the current style system, and never stand out from the crowd. (If you look at top arranger performers they don’t use the standard styles, they modify or create them themselves, which is why they have to turn work down as they don’t have the time to meet the demand, whereas those that don’t are assumed by the general punter to just be doing karaoke)

Bill

http://www.pgmusic.com/videos.bbwin.htm

#399491 - 02/12/15 02:36 PM Re: So What did we learn from NAMM 2015? [Re: abacus]
leeboy Offline

I can't see how a 'JAM' session with random style...works to play any particular song?
It might work for Jaz (don't care for Jaz myself) because there is kind of...'lets all practice'...going on and not really a song most of the time.

Maybe give me an example video??

#399498 - 02/12/15 04:06 PM Re: So What did we learn from NAMM 2015? [Re: leeboy]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By: leeboy

It might work for Jaz (don't care for Jaz myself) because there is kind of...'lets all practice'...going on and not really a song most of the time.

surprised ... it is only after you've listened and listened that you BEGIN to understand a little about what is going on ...

#399513 - 02/13/15 06:04 AM Re: So What did we learn from NAMM 2015? [Re: Dnj]
leeboy Offline

So is it kind of like KARMA? I have seen/heard how that works.
What type of music would it apply to?
Any examples?

#399515 - 02/13/15 07:12 AM Re: So What did we learn from NAMM 2015? [Re: leeboy]
Bachus Offline

The problem is not what it is, but that it isnt.. yet...

#399516 - 02/13/15 07:25 AM Re: So What did we learn from NAMM 2015? [Re: Bachus]
Dnj Offline

Wow!!!......who knew so many people learned so much from Namm 2015 ....just sayin' confused1

Page 7 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online