SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#39921 - 08/17/03 04:19 AM Has anyone else tried to download from Panasonic in Aus ???
Sandgroper Offline

Loc: Busselton, Western Australia
Hi to all
Downloaded from Panasonic Australia, fine, gloat, then went to extract to floppy. THUD !!! got immediate message " error probable cause disk full". Pressed OK and winzip keeps working until disk is full and then repeats error message,no prompts to insert new disk. "Aha" I thought,"no problem, I'll use the SD card." BUT, with the SD card there is no apparent option to check the disk!!! Hold down panel memories 1,2,3,,4 and switch on and you're straight into the upgrade page, with no checkdisk in sight. Has anyone out there leaped over the cliff from this point??
I even went to the official KN7000 page, thinking "If we've got the upgrade in Oz surely they'll have on the ROM page there,and maybe it will be in floppy format. As the old song says "a fool never learns"
Any ideas folks???
Regards to all.
Eddie.

#39922 - 08/17/03 05:27 AM Re: Has anyone else tried to download from Panasonic in Aus ???
KeithB Offline

Loc: Melbourne AUSTRALIA
Eddie
You're right. Though I have already upgraded via the German site I downloaded the file from Panasonic Australia out of curiosity. When it is unzipped to the hard disk it turns out to be a DAT file of just under 4Megs. It should be a file that unzipp's to four seperate floppys. So I don't think it is of use to us!
Keith

#39923 - 08/17/03 10:13 AM Re: Has anyone else tried to download from Panasonic in Aus ???
cees Offline

Loc: The Netherlands
Hi Folks,
maybe in Australia a floppy would not work. To me in The Netherlands I should think the keyboard is upside down
Cees
BTW, for what it is worth, I have used the Taiyo update and all works Ok. But there is enough said about that.

#39924 - 08/18/03 02:47 AM Re: Has anyone else tried to download from Panasonic in Aus ???
Sandgroper Offline

Loc: Busselton, Western Australia
Hey Thanks Cees, I just put the disk in upside down and IT WORKED !!!!
Well that got your attention didn't it ? Actualy I went back to the site and read a little further in the "more information" section.(if all else fails ) This told me that it was an SD upgrade anyway, so I decided to give it a go. WORKED LIKE A CHARM !!!!!! No need to change disks, and very quick.
If anyone is interested the procedure is as follows:- First d/load and install the file PanaDL_26.ZIP following the same routine as for floppies, and then d/load PanaDL_27.ZIP, same procedure. This took me from v 1.3 to v 1.5
Hooray for Panasonic Australia.
Thanks Bebop and Nigel for the great site, Cees for his great new site,and big thanks to all the contributers who I havent thanked individually yet.
Regards to all.
Eddie.

Quote:
Originally posted by cees:
Hi Folks,
maybe in Australia a floppy would not work. To me in The Netherlands I should think the keyboard is upside down
Cees
BTW, for what it is worth, I have used the Taiyo update and all works Ok. But there is enough said about that.

#39925 - 08/18/03 04:07 AM Re: Has anyone else tried to download from Panasonic in Aus ???
cees Offline

Loc: The Netherlands
Thanks for this good information, Eddie.
I will use that with the next Rom-update
Cees.

#39926 - 08/18/03 08:07 PM Re: Has anyone else tried to download from Panasonic in Aus ???
Mike Daniell Offline

Loc: Brisbane, Qld, Australia
Thanks for the extra info, Eddie. I've downloaded the files from Panasonic Aus but haven't loaded them into the KN7000 yet. I have a music club performance coming up on Thursday evening and will wait until after that before I change the KN7000 software!

Mike

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online