SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#399117 - 02/04/15 09:41 AM iPad video question
coffeekev Offline

I've recorded a couple of videos of myself jamming with the wonderful PA-600 that I've had since December, but I'm just using my iPad to record the video.

Of course, the audio quality is not very good. Since so many people here produce videos of their performances, I would really appreciate any advice on how to get the best video using the iPad. Of course, I realize I could invest in a lot of production equipment, but this is mainly just for fun to put on YouTube.

I know there are ways to connect devices to the iPad, so is there some kind of way to connect the PA-600 to the iPad to get the audio directly from the keyboard when recording the video?

#399118 - 02/04/15 10:08 AM Re: iPad video question [Re: coffeekev]
Bachus Offline

Get a bluetooth audio device that allows you to connect and upload your high quallity audio directly from the back of your equipment wireless to your recording ipad...

There are also usb audio recorders for ios, but then you would be cabled to the device you are recording, these devices are only meat for recording just audio

The video quallity of an ipad air, is good enough, because when videoing music, only the soundquallity matters...

Oh, and for making videos phones are smaller in generall have better cameras then tablets and so are better to make videos with then your ipad, my iphone 6 makes fabulous videos, way better then my ipad air.

Edited by Bachus (02/04/15 10:10 AM)

http://keyszone.boards.net

#399119 - 02/04/15 10:25 AM Re: iPad video question [Re: Bachus]
coffeekev Offline

Thanks, Bachus. That's a good point about the video quality of phones vs. tablets. I didn't think of that. I have an older iPad model, but I also have a Galaxy S5 phone, so I'll try using the S5 instead.

#399120 - 02/04/15 10:29 AM Re: iPad video question [Re: coffeekev]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I don't have an Ipad, but I can highly recommend a Kodak Zi8 to do what you want. You can get a used one for $100. or less: http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B...ASIN=B002HOPUPC
In addition to the built-in mics, it has a stereo audio input. Just ran a cable from the keyboard or mixer at the same time you make the video.
If the Ipad has an audio input, then you could do the same thing with it.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online