SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#399056 - 02/01/15 03:24 PM Re: Peter Baartmans Clavinova CVP Workshop Orlando [Re: tony mads usa]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: tony mads usa
it's all about the feel, the look, the prestige of a grand piano, which nothing else matches ...
JMHO

In the 70s when I worked for Avery Piano Providence in the sales department I once had a customer who came in purchased a high gloss off white 5 foot 1 baby grand. No one in the home played piano, he bought it for the look and prestiege. The guy never even flinched at the retail price. He did insist though that we give him a piece or 2 of sheet music so he could dsiplay it on the music rack of the piano.

#399060 - 02/01/15 07:41 PM Re: Peter Baartmans Clavinova CVP Workshop Orlando [Re: Stephenm52]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: Stephenm52
Originally Posted By: tony mads usa
it's all about the feel, the look, the prestige of a grand piano, which nothing else matches ...
JMHO

In the 70s when I worked for Avery Piano Providence in the sales department I once had a customer who came in purchased a high gloss off white 5 foot 1 baby grand. No one in the home played piano, he bought it for the look and prestiege. The guy never even flinched at the retail price. He did insist though that we give him a piece or 2 of sheet music so he could dsiplay it on the music rack of the piano.

Decandent....

http://keyszone.boards.net

#399062 - 02/01/15 07:46 PM Re: Peter Baartmans Clavinova CVP Workshop Orlando [Re: Bachus]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
... well, maybe he had some friends that played ...

#399071 - 02/02/15 08:07 AM Re: Peter Baartmans Clavinova CVP Workshop Orlando [Re: Stephenm52]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
JMHO but I think thats an outrageous price for a digital piano in a wood case. The manufactures seem to try to take advantage of the home player market.
A good alternative is to roll you own. Get a case and put whatever keyboard and sound system you want in it.
Here's just one of many who offer cases. http://www.grandillusionpianoshells.com

Theres even shell for pro guys who play two keyboards but want that B3 look. Portable too.

#399076 - 02/02/15 09:29 AM Re: Peter Baartmans Clavinova CVP Workshop Orlando [Re: Stephenm52]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Just follow the money trail! smile

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#399089 - 02/02/15 03:30 PM Re: Peter Baartmans Clavinova CVP Workshop Orlando [Re: Bill Lewis]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: Bill Lewis
JMHO but I think thats an outrageous price for a digital piano in a wood case. The manufactures seem to try to take advantage of the home player market.
A good alternative is to roll you own. Get a case and put whatever keyboard and sound system you want in it.
Here's just one of many who offer cases. http://www.grandillusionpianoshells.com

Theres even shell for pro guys who play two keyboards but want that B3 look. Portable too.

Interesting a shell that makes a nice piece of furniture. When you think of the work/craftsmanship that goes into building a small grand that can had be for thousands less than a digital has to make you wonder, why?

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online