SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#398902 - 01/29/15 08:43 AM Re: YAMAHA WORKSHOPS-Peter Baartman [Re: travlin'easy]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
Of course he's there to sell keyboard - Why else would Yamaha send him to sunny Florida? That's why they hired him. Good musicians are a dime a dozen, but good demonstrators are tough to find. Additionally, Florida, especially the west coast and central Florida, is where the older folks live, and they're the ones that have the money to buy keyboards for home use. Let's be realistic here. Yamaha knows it's market and that is what it is targeting in this part of the world. They sure as Hell would not target pro musicians, which is less then 1/100th of a percent of their overall sales.

A good demonstrator, such as Bartman is worth his weight in gold to any arranger keyboard manufacturer. When he demos those keyboards they come alive. And, he can sing quite well, which is a big plus. Top this off with his ability to communicate with any audience, his charisma and humor and you have the makings of a great sales person. So yes, that's why he's there. He surely didn't come to south Florida to improve his tan. wink

Gary cool

You missed my point...... When he comes for a demo, people should not call it a workshop...

Edited by Bachus (01/29/15 08:44 AM)

http://keyszone.boards.net

#398904 - 01/29/15 08:48 AM Re: YAMAHA WORKSHOPS-Peter Baartman [Re: Rustykeys]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Well, in a way it IS a workshop, especially when you see things you've never understood about the keyboard and learn how to do them by watching someone as masterful as Bartman go through the steps and explain how it's done. He does this a lot, and he makes it very easy to follow the procedures by putting that information right in front of the audiences in plain language that everyone can understand. He is a great communicator, and that's what makes it a workshop as well.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#398909 - 01/29/15 09:49 AM Re: YAMAHA WORKSHOPS-Peter Baartman [Re: cgiles]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By: cgiles

Me neither.....and it has saved me tons of money over the years smile smile smile.
chas

Com'on, chas ... you have to use sun block just like the rest of us ... smile

#398916 - 01/29/15 10:21 AM Re: YAMAHA WORKSHOPS-Peter Baartman [Re: Rustykeys]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
I called Piano Distributors in Orlando to get the details. At 2:30 PM tomorrow there will be a Q&A session that I understand will be going on until 7 PM when Baartmans will be putting on a show. I doubt I'm going to stay for the show, but figure the Q&A session could be insteresting. I also understand this dealer is a piano dealer and does not sell the Tyros or PSR line of keyboards. The sales rep I spoke to didn't know whether Peter would be bringing a T5 or not. I don't plan on buying anything either have more than my share of toys but this is a rare chance to meet Baartmans.

#398927 - 01/29/15 02:59 PM Re: YAMAHA WORKSHOPS-Peter Baartman [Re: travlin'easy]
Rustykeys Offline

Loc: Massachusetts/USA
Thanks Gary I offer my apology to Mr Bachus. I guess I used the incorrect termonolgy for a show. Sometimes its tough to be perfect or correct all the time. Gary is spot on , nobody comes close to his talent

#398928 - 01/29/15 03:59 PM Re: YAMAHA WORKSHOPS-Peter Baartman [Re: tony mads usa]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Originally Posted By: tony mads usa

Com'on, chas ... you have to use sun block just like the rest of us ... smile

Yep, it's called melanin smile smile.

chas

#398929 - 01/29/15 04:00 PM Re: YAMAHA WORKSHOPS-Peter Baartman [Re: Rustykeys]
Dnj Offline

Aside from the "SINGLE" braced X stand I loved this demo...
clap headphone clap

PAS is that Martin Harris ( red shirt ) sitting in the last chair on the right front row?

Edited by Dnj (01/29/15 04:05 PM)

#398935 - 01/29/15 06:32 PM Re: YAMAHA WORKSHOPS-Peter Baartman [Re: Rustykeys]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
What an incredible talent. I only wish I had half as much talent as Bartman. His fingers just glide over the keyboard and the accuracy is beyond my wildest dreams.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#398936 - 01/29/15 08:18 PM Re: YAMAHA WORKSHOPS-Peter Baartman [Re: Rustykeys]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Just before I retired, I was fortunate enough to spend a few days working with Peter when he was visiting Nova Scotia, and even had a bit of a jam session with him, trading fours and generally having a lot of fun.

He is a really down to earth, humble guy, with exceptional talent.

Ian

#398941 - 01/29/15 11:00 PM Re: YAMAHA WORKSHOPS-Peter Baartman [Re: Rustykeys]
Mark79100 Offline

Loc: USA
I just noticed this thread. Saw the name Peter Baartman and remembered I had a few of his demo recordings. I pulled up Mas Que Nada where he did a piano solo on a Ketron model.

That's got to be one of the best demo's ever, and he really has my vote for one of the best players on the scene.

I give credit where credit is due and this man is really impressive. Gary said it all: "What an incredible talent. I only wish I had half as much talent as Bartman. His fingers just glide over the keyboard and the accuracy is beyond my wildest dreams."

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online