SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#398642 - 01/25/15 08:19 AM Chord Sequemcer??
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Will you guys please explain in detail a chord sequencer & how best it is used?? (G70, PA3XPRO) etc)
I am trying to see if the one in vA2 is truly a chord sequencer & how useable it is.

Thanks,
Lee

#398646 - 01/25/15 09:25 AM Re: Chord Sequemcer?? [Re: leeboy]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Well, you push a record button, or a footswitch, and while the style is playing it records the sequence of chords you enter. When you push the stop button it stops recording and the kb returns to normal style play.
When you push the play button it plays back the sequence of chords that you enter and loops from the start to stop points until you push another button, at which time you return to normal style play.
The actual style is not recorded, just the chord pattern you are using.
On BK9, the sequence can be stored for later use. On Korg, when you turn the kb off, or record another sequence, the already-recorded sequence is gone forever. We're hoping for a software upgrade that will allow storing of the sequence.
It is useful as far as it allows you to use both hands to play with the sequence. If it could be stored, you could have a number of sequences available at any time and it would be much MORE useful.
One downfall of the BK9 CS is that it does not respond to transpose. Korg does. Nothing is perfect.

#398649 - 01/25/15 09:31 AM Re: Chord Sequemcer?? [Re: DonM]
Bachus Offline

Its a very usefull feature as Don just explained brilliantly.... There are so many uses for this... Actually BiaB is based solely on a chordsequencer. Real time loop your chords... And play them, which allows you to play 2 hands piano, or a sax solo with wheels and buttons.

And offcourse when kids have piano lessons, they can first record the chords, and then play the piano along the looping mellody..

I have absolutely no clue why Yamaha never put it i to the Tyros line ... I really do miss it, now i use ableton to reccord my chords and loop them, sending them back to the T5

Edited by Bachus (01/25/15 09:33 AM)

http://keyszone.boards.net

#398673 - 01/25/15 02:08 PM Re: Chord Sequemcer?? [Re: leeboy]
leeboy Offline

Don, Bachus,
OK very good...
The vA2 software arranger has it and it works the way you described...yes it does store it (as many as you want)
I will try it out.

It also has a chord loop function...and I have not tried it yet.
Thanks,
Lee

#398703 - 01/26/15 07:49 AM Re: Chord Sequemcer?? [Re: leeboy]
leeboy Offline

WOW, WOW, WOW....so I spent a little time working with chord sequencer on vA2....
You can select a style, use chord seq. to do a complete arrangement from intro to ending.
EASY.
All chords AND style section changes are put in using the MIDI keyboard for chords & the mouse to select sections.

The....play the song & ADD as much left hand counter melodies or just chords (pads, strings...anything of course) as the arrangement plays live.

For the type of music I like to play this is going to be coooool!

There is also a RIFF function...and I have not looked at it yet.

#398705 - 01/26/15 11:04 AM Re: Chord Sequemcer?? [Re: leeboy]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: leeboy
WOW, WOW, WOW....so I spent a little time working with chord sequencer on vA2....
You can select a style, use chord seq. to do a complete arrangement from intro to ending.
EASY.
All chords AND style section changes are put in using the MIDI keyboard for chords & the mouse to select sections.

The....play the song & ADD as much left hand counter melodies or just chords (pads, strings...anything of course) as the arrangement plays live.

For the type of music I like to play this is going to be coooool!

There is also a RIFF function...and I have not looked at it yet.
Glad you like it...

Cant wayt to hear your opinion on the rift function....

http://keyszone.boards.net

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online