Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 14 >
Topic Options
#397736 - 01/05/15 06:46 AM Re: New vArranger youtube demo [Re: DAN.2000]
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Dan,
OK...70% is pretty darn good...

Bachus (Deane?)....what has been your experience?
Lee

#397750 - 01/05/15 11:41 AM Re: New vArranger youtube demo [Re: DAN.2000]
DAN.2000 Offline

Loc: FRANCE
leeboy, what keyboard do you have, had?

Dan
https://www.varranger.com

#397754 - 01/05/15 12:43 PM Re: New vArranger youtube demo [Re: DAN.2000]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
Leeboy,
I have had Dan's vArranger, along with other keyboards, for about 3 years now. I trade off various keyboards for gigs and have vArranger for gigs of all sizes and have nothing negative to say about the software. It performs exactly as Dan as stated and with the added ability to play styles from a variety of keyboards it is possible to pick and choose from the best of all of them. I am not a youngster anymore. I use a Roland A-800 Pro midi controller which is very light to transport. There is a learning curve which is true of regular arrangers as well. I use vArranger with Ketron's SD2 Unit and the overall sound I get with my Bose L1 Compact is rather amazing. Yamaha styles sound pretty darn good but a few will need a bit of tweaking. I have tried yamaha styles from everything from the PSR3000 up to the Tyros 5 and all play well and for the most part are gig ready with little to no tweaking. I have also used Roland styles from several keyboard like the E50 and the E80 and have not had an issue with them. So far I have not done a lot with Korg styles except to audition some from various keyboards - they too play well. Like Dan said in his post - not every style from any given keyboard he supports will sound perfect right out of the box - however, I have not found many that can't be used.

I am an "Arranger Player" meaning I play chords with the left hand and melodies with the right hand. I am not a two fisted piano player although I can do that if needed. I do not use midi files, mp3s or sequenced stuff for my gigs.

One other note. Dan's level of support surpasses EVERY OTHER company I have ever done business with. He supports his product with great enthusiasm and is there for us when needed.

Leeboy, hope this helps. I don't have any experience with VSTs or any other software program for musicians so I can't compare vArranger to other software.

Deane

#397757 - 01/05/15 01:04 PM Re: New vArranger youtube demo [Re: DAN.2000]
DAN.2000 Offline

I am always improving the styles engines, so a style that does not sound good today, can sound good on the new update.

I ve just listened to an information on the radio, the EURO vs USD rate is the lowest since 9 years !
Maybe it's the best moment for US people to buy vArranger smile

Dan

#397799 - 01/06/15 07:51 AM Re: New vArranger youtube demo [Re: DAN.2000]
leeboy Offline

Deane,
Thanks for the details...really helps.
I currently have a CME 76 key MIDI keyboard, a Roland PK-5 MIDI pedalboard and 2 Mackie HR800 type powered monitors.

In the past I had a Yamaha Tyros 2 and later a Korg PA2XPRO.
Both long gone now for various reasons.

I am an old (Yep OLD too) organ player so I like a lower manual and pedals. I play mostly slower ballads, show tunes Musical theatre stuff and quality sounds are very important to me.

I should have kept the T2.
I sold the PA2XPRO due to some poor sound quality (quite a few sounds were bad, unless you only play fast dance music).

I would probably be happy with a T4 used or maybe a S-950 (Don't like the keybed though, for that $$ it should have the T4 keybed) but that a lot of $$ for hobby playing.

I have Live-styler V12. It is OK, by as you know Norbert is now gone to a better place. Unfortunately I did not get the Tyros sound set from him before his passing.

Nothing I have seen is as smooth in operation as a Yamaha arranger, IS the Va2 smooth as to transitions to new sounds while playing? (I would hate it if when you change sounds and the previous sound is still going to hear a jump or stutter. Also chord changes with LH memory on. How about changing style sections?

Thanks again,
Lee

#397800 - 01/06/15 07:55 AM Re: New vArranger youtube demo [Re: DAN.2000]
leeboy Offline

Dan,
I have no HW arranger today.
I had a T2 and a Korg PA2XPRO.

I have old version of Live-Styler.

I have a CME 76 key MIDI keyboard, Roland PK-5 pedals and 2 good powered speakers.

Dan,
I know your product is very good and getting better.
By the time I get it and a SD-1000 etc....I have to consider a used HW arranger too.
We'll see.
Thanks, Keep up the great work.
Lee

#397828 - 01/06/15 10:10 AM Re: New vArranger youtube demo [Re: leeboy]
hammer Offline

Lee,
The transition from one sound or style to another is seemless. No delay at all.
By the way, It it extremely simple to put all of the vArranger controls on your midi
controller. I have my Roland A800 Pro setup so I never have to touch vArranger to
do anything. It works just like a regular arranger.

Deane

#397830 - 01/06/15 11:11 AM Re: New vArranger youtube demo [Re: hammer]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: hammer
Lee,
The transition from one sound or style to another is seemless. No delay at all.
By the way, It it extremely simple to put all of the vArranger controls on your midi
controller. I have my Roland A800 Pro setup so I never have to touch vArranger to
do anything. It works just like a regular arranger.

Deane

Dean, what are you using as the soundsource?
Because having a good compatible soundsource is the trick to make Yamaha, Korg, Roland and Ketron styles as good as possible...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#397832 - 01/06/15 12:18 PM Re: New vArranger youtube demo [Re: DAN.2000]
hammer Offline

Backups

I use a Ketron SD2 unit.
Deane

#397833 - 01/06/15 12:20 PM Re: New vArranger youtube demo [Re: DAN.2000]
DAN.2000 Offline

Deane use the Ketron SD2, and Lee plans to use the Ketron SD1000 that has some very good sounds !
Leeboy, I don't want to push you. Take your time, and come back to me if you have more questions

Dan

Page 4 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 14 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online